Name:	ShadowYear1-02-Wagner.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	49518Click image for larger version

Name:	ShadowYear1-01-Wagner.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	49519

"THE SHADOW has long been one of my absolute favorite established characters and I'm thrilled to finally get the chance to contribute to his continuing adventures," says Matt Wagner. "I'm getting to help define The Shadow's mysterious origins in a Year One story arc! For all his published history in both the pulps and comics, as well as his radio adventures, there's surprisingly no depiction of his very first adventures as the dark-clad Master of Men. This series will explore the events that first drew Kent Allard/Lamont Cranston back to the States, how he began to assemble his vast network of agents and how he first adopted the famous black hat and cloak as his alter-ego's disguise-secrets that, up until now…only The Shadow knew!"

I'm more excited than I was with the original announcement of DE's relaunch of The Shadow. Matt Wagner has done an outstanding job on Zorro and Green Hornet: Year One for DE (as well as the wonderfully pulpish Batman & The Monster Men and Batman & The Mad Monk), so I can only assume The Shadow: Year One will be of the same high caliber. Sounds like this one will be much more faithful to the pulps.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Yeah, this sounds great. This will probably be one of the few series that I double dip.

Comment

Originally posted by jsf View Post
      Yeah, this sounds great. This will probably be one of the few series that I double dip.
      Yes, it sounds great!! I'm looking forward to Matt Wagner's "year one" on THE SHADOW.
      ....but what's "double dip"??
      I hope the art is much like that shown above.

Comment

Originally posted by magnoanddavey View Post
        ...but what's "double dip"??
        "Double dip" = to go back to the source for a second helping. (In this case, to purchase more than one Shadow title from DE.) From the social faux pas of returning to dip one's chip or cracker a second time from the communal dip bowl, after first taking a bite.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

I am all for DE doing multiple Shadow titles and frankly this looks to be the better of the two. Hopefully it will make the shadow seem a bit more. . . heroic.

Comment

Originally posted by magnoanddavey View Post
            ....but what's "double dip"??
            It means I'll buy the singles as they come out, then pick up the trade when it appears.

Comment

Matt Wagner did a phenomenal job on Green Hornet: Year One so I'm completely sold on whatever it is he has planned with The Shadow! So far I'm liking The Shadow just fine but I can see me absolutely loving The Shadow when Matt gets done with him, color me excited!
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Yeah.....

Consider me all over this as soon as it hits, Wagner is quite the storyteller and he was who I was hoping would be on this book in the first place. Ennis has done a fine job, but I can see Wagner really nailing it out of the park with his Year One story.

Comment

So looking forward to picking this up.
                  I'm curious to see what Wagner does with the character.
                  Will he be embellishing the material already presented in the original pulps, or going in his own direction?
                  Either way I am positive that it will be more then worth the time and money.

Comment

I have one thing to say about this... YES!

Comment

I love what Mr. Wagner did with Green Hornet: Year One, I try to read that series at least once or twice a year, so naturally I'm super pumped for this upcoming maxi-series and I'm sure Mr. Wagner has some amazing stuff primed and ready for us when it hits!

I also would like a Spider: Year One tale as well, maybe we should be so lucky someday.

Comment

Originally posted by manga4life View Post
                        I also would like a Spider: Year One tale as well, maybe we should be so lucky someday.
                        Yeah I would totally dig that as well.

Comment

THE SHADOW YEAR ONE

THE SHADOW YEAR ONE

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43307

Finally Matt Wagner to the rescue

The art preview looks good too

Can't wait to see the Alex Ross covers on this

Looking forward to an other of Matt Wagner.

Comment

WOW!

Comment

I hope its better then Green Hornet Year One.

Comment

Working...
                              X