No announcement yet.

The Shadow: Year One MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a Zero issue coming, but it's not a "wrap up" by any means. Have you been reading Midnight in Moscow?
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by ralphtown View Post
      The main Shadow series is done and year One is due to finish sometime in July but did I read of a Shadow special edition to wrap it all up for DE??
      Looming Shadows...

Midnight in Moscow (in 1950; miniseries)
      The Shadow #0 (*with Houdini; 1-shot)
      The Shadow Over Innsmouth (Shadow/Lovecraft mash-up; 1-shot)
      Justice, Inc. (*with The Avenger and Doc Savage; miniseries)
      Grendel and The Shadow (by Matt Wagner; miniseries from Dark Horse)

...doesn't look like any wrapping up going on here, that I can see. At this point, The Shadow's future with Dynamite seems a lot more viable than the Green Hornet's.

Comment

Does anyone know if Zorn has been used in the past as a Shadow villain, or if Matt Wagner created the character?

Comment

Did #10 come out yesterday? If it did, my LCS didn't get it.

Comment

No, July 30th was THE SHADOW OVER INNSMOUTH, a one-shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster Johnson View Post
              Does anyone know if Zorn has been used in the past as a Shadow villain, or if Matt Wagner created the character?
              He said in an interview that he made him up.

Comment

Wheres No.10?

Its the end of August and Im still waiting for No.10? Is it out yet or when will it arrive. I want to read the last four issues in one session. Please let me know when I can do it! Next week Grendel vs. The Shadow #1 is planned but no sign of the finale of Year one! Or have I missed it somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by Big-red-cheese View Post
                  Its the end of August and Im still waiting for No.10? Is it out yet or when will it arrive. I want to read the last four issues in one session. Please let me know when I can do it! Next week Grendel vs. The Shadow #1 is planned but no sign of the finale of Year one! Or have I missed it somehow?
                  One of the comic book stores online has this out September 3rd but nothing about it on de site.Just teasing cover art everywhere.

Someone from DE towers needs to clarify the situation here.

RALPH.

Comment

One of the comic book stores online has this out September 3rd but nothing about it on de site.Just teasing cover art everywhere.

Someone from DE towers needs to clarify the situation here.
                    It ships next week, August 10th. That's 100% positive. The Shadow Knows.
                    Last edited by pulphero; 09-03-2014, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                      It ships next week, August 10th. That's 100% positive. The Shadow Knows.
                      THIS week,September 10th

Thank Goodness.

RALPH.

Comment

THIS week,September 10th

Thank Goodness.

RALPH.
                        Right, September not August. My bad. Although if I'd gotten the month right it would have been next week when I typed that.

Comment

Preview for #10: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23465.

Comment

Matt Wagner does a good job of wrapping things up in issue #10. Howard Chaykin's Shadow continues to cast a long "shadow" of influence on this origin story, both through having influenced the 1994 movie version and the later Garth Ennis version that opened the ongoing series. (If I recall correctly, Chaykin's is the only version of The Shadow Ennis actually read, along with listening to a few of the radio programs, preparatory to taking on the character for Dynamite).

Wagner actually performs the difficult task of weaving these disparate elements, along with a few things taken from the radio version, together with the background hints and clues established in Walter Gibson's pulp novels. While not the "perfect" Shadow origin story I might have hoped for (that is to say, one based primarily, if not solely, on the pulp version of the character), Matt Wagner does manage to create a definitive origin story for Dynamite's version of The Shadow, one which incorporates Chaykin's,the radio, movie, and Ennis' comic versions into a cohesive whole.

Comment

It would be nice if we could get a The Shadow: Year Two series by Wagner from Dynamite, but I guess that's not too likely.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                                It would be nice if we could get a The Shadow: Year Two series by Wagner from Dynamite, but I guess that's not too likely.
                                I don't know about "Year Two", but since Matt Wagner just finished up Grendel vs. The Shadow, it seems like he's up for working on the character. All depends on sales, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X