No announcement yet.

The Black Bat series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, crap. Please let that just be an oversight. Or technical glitch. I am upset enough over losing Dark Shadows but if Black Bat goes down too...! Especially since I always knew The Owl was just a limited series. Geez, by December I am going to have a lot of extra money in my pocket that DE apparently doesn't want!
    Last edited by Tulku; 08-27-2013, 08:51 PM. Reason: Coding

Comment

• I'm hoping that the worst case scenario is expected tardiness, so skip a month of solicitation in order to fall back into schedule.

Comment

• I am trembling now in fear wondering if The Black Bat has been cancelled or if it's just skipping a month to catch up. This book is my absolute favorite on store shelves right now and I seriously don't want to see it go, it's too important to me (much like The Spider was) to see it all come to an end. I don't want to see the pulp line of comics die off one by one with only The Shadow remaining, that would be really terrible and I'd be loosing my favorite line of books and would have only Valiant left to read.

Comment

• It's by far the best DE title i'm reading atm, I hope it's just skipping a month and not getting cancelled.

Comment

• I hope its not getting the can either, its been a true joy to read and a fun book to get into. I would be sad to see it go.
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Black Bat #5

Any thoughts on this issue? Another stellar showing for Bucellato in my opinion and The Black Bat continues to be one of the best comics month in and month out, hopefully this series lasts and doesn't get cancelled due to orders dropping a bit. All in all it's a wonderful story and some amazing cliffhangers on top of it all, I don't see how someone could dislike this book.

Comment

• I wouldn't call it stellar, but it was a good issue for sure.
                Even though it had a lot of action, the whole episode felt like a 'calm before the storm' issue, following really good events from #4 and leading into what I believe will
                be even better events in #6.Hoping for more after this arc ends, cause to me The Black Bat is easily the best DE title atm.

Comment

• I thought it was damn good myself, I'm a total slave to this book and love the character to death. This arc has been "stellar" in my eyes also.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Comment

• Great issue as per usual, I'm glad to see that Brian said this book is not cancelled and is continuing on, it deserves it.

Comment

• I wonder what will happen now that The Brute has betrayed Black Bat? I'm sure BB will have a nice slice of revenge pie waiting for him sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Amidst good news (from Bleeding Cool) about Codename Action is a tidbit about Black Bat.

Codename Action #1, the new comic starring the Captain Action character from Dynamite has sold out its 9,305 print run at Diamond, with Dynamite rushing a second print run.

Joining it, is Black Bat #5. From the fourth to the fifth issue, Dynamite dropped the amount of covers on the title from four to two, retailer orders dropped alongside it, and as a result, the book had an immediate sell out, of its under-eight thousand print run.

Glass half full or half empty?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                          Amidst good news (from Bleeding Cool) about Codename Action is a tidbit about Black Bat.
                          I would say 7-8 thousand copies is enough to keep the book in the limelight and in print for a while, who knows how many are buying it digitally too....

I think one of the reasons The Spider lasted as long as it did was because Nick made mention that it had fairly strong digital sales, so in essence The Black Bat could have sold 8k in copies and then another 2k in digital sales bringing it to 10k in total which would be a respectable number all in all.

Comment

• I see it as a glass half full. Selling out of almost 8,000 copies shows that more could have sold had they been printed, and as retro had mentioned it appears that digital is growing and growing and I'm sure BB enjoyed some heft digital sales too.

This is good news, indeed!
                            Dynamite Entertainment
                            Forum Administrator

Comment

• Well, good news, Black Bat is back in the solicitations. So either they just skipped a month to be certain that the book would be ready or they're back at their "bi-monthly-until-cancellation" trick of The Last Phantom, Green Hornet Strikes, etc.

Comment

• Yup, the Black Bat should be with us for quite some time! Fans rejoice! I'm one of the excited ones along with you guys!
                                Dynamite Entertainment
                                Forum Administrator

Comment

Working...
                                X