The Black Bat series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
    These covers are so good they need to be hanging on a wall, not in a box! Amazing!
    This one needs to be offered in a 'virgin art' format for sure!
    An "Art of The Green Hornet" hardcover would be nice. Red Sonja and Vampirella got one.

Comment

• Originally posted by pulphero View Post
      An "Art of The Green Hornet" hardcover would be nice. Red Sonja and Vampirella got one.
      Sounds good to me they could do two volumes one for Green Hornet/Legacy and one for the Year one titles and maybe throw in Strikes. Card set might be interesting but I really think some of the details would be lost and that size.
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• I would love Dynamite to do some posters based upon some of their covers, especially a cover like this. If not a poster than maybe a 2' by 4' signed litho or something.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
          Sounds good to me they could do two volumes one for Green Hornet/Legacy and one for the Year one titles and maybe throw in Strikes. Card set might be interesting but I really think some of the details would be lost and that size.
          I would still love to have a trading card set of Green Hornet covers.

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
            I assume he's on for the long haul, I have yet to hear anything about him only being on for a short period of time or anything. I guess time shall tell.
            It looks like Waid is cashing out after issue 12: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=48895

That makes me a sad panda...

Comment

• Originally posted by kingcooger View Post
              It looks like Waid is cashing out after issue 12
              After issue 12 or 14? The article said Waid is halfway through his run, and issue 7 just came out.
              Either way, Dynamite needs to make re-signing Waid to more Green Hornet issues PRIORITY NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kingcooger View Post
                It looks like Waid is cashing out after issue 12: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=48895

That makes me a sad panda...
                Mark Waid talks about Green Hornet at Bleeding Cool... So sad it's ending, but 12 issues is a good run. I just bought the first TPB that came out Wednesday. I'll buy the second one too. I try to double-dip on what I consider the best DE series to help support the company.

I note that the article doesn't specifically state that the series is ending, just that Waid is wrapping up his run. Since Matt Wagner will be wrapping up his The Shadow: Year One series around the same time, perhaps he can step up and continue the series (hopefully with the current artist as well) beginning with issue #13. It would be a shame if DE didn't have some kind of Green Hornet series on the shelves.

Waid's Daredevil is wrapping up with issue #36, too. Another book I'll miss, as it was one of the few Marvel titles I looked forward to reading consistently month after month.
                Last edited by pulphero; 11-07-2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
                  After issue 12 or 14? The article said Waid is halfway through his run, and issue 7 just came out.
                  Either way, Dynamite needs to make re-signing Waid to more Green Hornet issues PRIORITY NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
                  But #7 just came out this week, and the interview was conducted before that... so 6 is half of 12; that math works.

Comment

But #7 just came out this week, and the interview was conducted before that... so 6 is half of 12; that math works.
                    Yeah, wishful thinking on my part for 2 more Waid issues!

Comment

So sad it's ending, but 12 issues is a good run. I just bought the first TPB that came out Wednesday. I'll buy the second one too. I try to double-dip on what I consider the best DE series to help support the company.
                      Does the tpb have any extras such as covers etc?

Comment

• The TPB has character sketches, the script from issue #1, and a cover gallery.

Comment

• I would imagine that the series would continue on with a new writer, abandoning the Hornet would be silly at this point.
                          Dynamite Entertainment
                          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                            I would imagine that the series would continue on with a new writer, abandoning the Hornet would be silly at this point.
                            It defintely would be. The Green Hornet is a classic character who doesn't get the recognition or credit he deserves. He was around over 3 years before Batman and always had a cool car, a mask and was a playboy. Sound familair
                            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• God, if Dynamite ditches The Green Hornet simply because Waid finished up his run I'd be really disappointed in them. This book has been excellent and the Hornet needs a series to fit into what Dynamite is doing within the pulp realm, hopefully this book lives a good long time.

Comment

• Who takes over on The Green Hornet and The Black Bat?

So, when Mark Waid leaves The Green Hornet and Brian Bucellato leaves The Black Bat, who should (or will) take over these books? As two of my favorite comics I would hope that we get a couple of really talented guys to move on in and take over the writings chores, maybe even Matt Wagner on Green Hornet and Chris Roberson on The Black Bat, but who knows.

Knowing Dynamite they'll probably just cancel the two books and call it a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X