No announcement yet.

The Black Bat series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Roberson has both The Shadow and Doc Savage to write every month, as well as finishing up Codename: Action. Don't know how many titles he can handle at one time. Maybe Matt Wagner could handle them both?

Comment

• I think Wagner is the popular vote for taking over Green Hornet once Mark is done, but the though of having Wagner on Black Bat is freaking exciting as all hell! Make it happen Dynamite!
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
        I think Wagner is the popular vote for taking over Green Hornet once Mark is done, but the though of having Wagner on Black Bat is freaking exciting as all hell! Make it happen Dynamite!
        YES! Wagner on BOTH!!!

OR

Make Waid an offer he can't refuse!

Comment

• Here's another suggestion I think Dynamite should seriously consider: hiring Timothy Truman to write one of their pulp hero titles. Truman has experience with Eclipse Comics on Airboy, The Prowler, and The Spider (he didn't script all of those, but had significant input into plot and character aspects). He also wrote and drew the miniseries Guns of the Dragon for DC, which was pretty pulpy.

Other suggestions for writers Dynamite could hire: Chuck Dixon or Ron Fortier.
          Last edited by pulphero; 11-09-2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• In light of how Hornet shows up in other books like Masks and Codename Action, I doubt we have anything to worry about on that front.

WAY more concerned about the Black Bat.

Comment

• All excellent suggestions.

Comment

• Rucka, Bendis, or Brubaker on Green Hornet. Dare to dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnpisme View Post
                  Rucka, Bendis, or Brubaker on Green Hornet. Dare to dream.
                  Sure, why not. Add Geoff Johns, Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman and Jim Steranko to the list. Dreaming is free, right?
                  Last edited by pulphero; 11-10-2013, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
                    ...Brian Bucellato leaves The Black Bat...
                    I missed this announcement. He's still listed as the writer on #8, the most recent issue solicited. Is that his last issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                      I missed this announcement. He's still listed as the writer on #8, the most recent issue solicited. Is that his last issue?
                      He said his first story arc is 12 issues so it's assumed he's leaving after that, sadly.

Comment

Other suggestions for writers Dynamite could hire: Chuck Dixon or Ron Fortier.
                        Have you seen this?

https://m.facebook.com/pages/The-Gre...user=603238987

A couple weeks ago Ron Fortier started a "No Cash, Non-Kickstarter Campaign" to get fans to have Dynamite let him write a Hornet story. Very interesting.

Comment

• Should would love to see Roger Stern be utilized by Dynamite. John Rozum too.

Comment

Sure, why not. Add Geoff Johns, Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman and Jim Steranko to the list. Dreaming is free, right?
                            Adding Geoff Johns would be like a bad dream. Keep him far, far away from here!

Comment

• Nonsense. Johns is a great writer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                                Adding Geoff Johns would be like a bad dream. Keep him far, far away from here!
                                I was going to say the same thing about Bendis... but why rain on someone else's parade, since neither of these possibilities is a realistic source of worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X