Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss Fury #3, Spider #12

Originally posted by manga4life View Post
    Lots of people seem to be giving up on Miss Fury, but not me, its been wildly entertaining thus far and is going to get even better as it goes. As for The Spider, well.....what a way to end the issue! Finally that asshat of a cop is dead and we get to see The Spider is his coldest form, it was remarkable

Black Bat #2.......wow, just wow. Brian is doing a remarkable job writing this character and this series has quickly become my #1 pulp title, and I've got to say that Ronan's art has improved 10 fold and he's doing a wonderful job. Great work!
    If people are giving up on Miss Fury then they are selling themselves short, I liked issue #1, and each subsequent issue has gotten exponentially better, #3 was stellar.

And spider #12, omfgspider12amifckingrite?? Absolutely Killer.

Comment

I've seen people on other forums saying that they gave up on Miss Fury too, which really makes me wonder why they did because to me and to many others the book has been amazing. I see lots of Twitter support for it too on a daily basis, but I guess you can't please everyone.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

My body is still in shivers over the last page of The Spider #12. I can totally see where this would have been the final issue and I'm so glad that it's been extended, this book needs to survive!

Nita slapped = bullet in the face. I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
          I've seen people on other forums saying that they gave up on Miss Fury too, which really makes me wonder why they did because to me and to many others the book has been amazing. I see lots of Twitter support for it too on a daily basis, but I guess you can't please everyone.
          Yeah, I don't understand giving up on it either. I admit that I don't understand what the black-box is going on--which in other circumstances would bug me. But in this case it is made perfectly clear that Marla also doesn't know what the black-box is going on. That puts me in the same place as the hero and keeps me intrigued.

Comment

According to Comichron, Black Bat #1 sold a pretty healthy 16,328 copies (estimated, of course) and was DE's top seller in May. It beat out other #1's in Grimm and Battlestar Galactica.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...3/2013-05.html

I know to take these with a grain of salt, but I'm still encouraged.

I'd really like to be able to get a more reliable number which includes digital sales (which is ho wI chose to go about it). Anyone have a source for such things?

Comment

Originally posted by Tulku View Post
              Yeah, I don't understand giving up on it either. I admit that I don't understand what the black-box is going on--which in other circumstances would bug me. But in this case it is made perfectly clear that Marla also doesn't know what the black-box is going on. That puts me in the same place as the hero and keeps me intrigued.
              Eh, as long as enough people purchase it to keep it in print than those who abandoned ship will wish they had now when they see the love the book is getting on Twitter and on the web. Their loss.
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Comment

Yup, that's a healthy start for the book! The second issue always drops in orders, as does the third, so I'd probably expect the book to level out at about 9-11k in orders per month which is darn good for an indy book these days.
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Comment

I cant see why anybody should be down on Miss Fury. Too little skin in #3? The plot is intricate and involved, as well as being a wild ride. I am really wondering who that guy was at the end of #3. This is one of the most involved titles I am reading. Even if you are iffy about the plot, Herbert's artwork is worth the price of admission.

Comment

I didn't mind the skin but I was worried that people would see it as a 'jiggle book' and avoid it. I think toneing down the skin might help its rep.
                    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Miss Fury without the cheesecake would be less interesting IMO. The plot and art in this title are great, but the same can be said for dozens of titles out there. Having the cheesecake on top of that helps set it apart. This is like a well written 90's Image cheesecake comic.

Kind of like what Grant Morrison did in Seven Soldiers: Bulleteer, but since this is an Indy book they can push it further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                        I didn't mind the skin but I was worried that people would see it as a 'jiggle book' and avoid it. I think toneing down the skin might help its rep.
                        In this case, I was glad there was very little because the way the story was progressing, there was no "need" for it. You don't want it to be shoehorned in.

Comment

• give up on Miss Fury? no way. i find the time travel plot very intriguing.

Comment

• The Black Bat, a blog I wrote pondering the title and my thoughts thus far. Check it!

http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogs...tainments.html

I teased on Twitter than this blog post was coming, Bucellato himself tweeted me and told me he was excited for it. Here it is!

Comment

• Nice write up, man! Keep up the fine work with your support of Dynamite!
                              Dynamite Entertainment
                              Forum Administrator

Comment

• Excellent blog about The Black Bat. Killer press!

Comment

Working...
                                X