No announcement yet.

The Black Bat series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knwo im late to the party, but i finally read issue 1 this am on the way to work and its wonderful stuff. Love the whole vibe of it, wonderfully written and the art is great. Awesome stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuperrins View Post
      I know im late to the party, but i finally read issue 1 this am on the way to work and its wonderful stuff. Love the whole vibe of it, wonderfully written and the art is great. Awesome stuff.
      I'm sure Dynamite would never feel you're too late to support an on-going book (unless they already decided to cancel it, which isn't the case here as far as I know).

Have you picked up #2 yet?

Comment

• Issue #2 was even better than the first, you've got to hop on that one Stu!

Also, it's never too late to support a PulpX title no matter how late in the run it is.

Comment

• JUST GOT IT, NOT READ IT YET, IM SURE IT'LL BE AMAZING

Comment

• Yikes. Bit of a tumble for our boy...

158 Uncanny 1 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 13,192

162 Masks 8 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 12,794

187 Battlestar Galactica 2 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 10,503

194 Shadow 14 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 10,071

195 Grimm 2 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 9,961

196 Miss Fury 3 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 9,834

212 Black Bat 2 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 8,682

213 Garth Ennis Red Team 3 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 8,645

221 Game of Thrones 15 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 8,081

236 Dejah Thoris & Green Men of Mars 4 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 7,233

244 Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris 26 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 6,593

248 Vampirella Strikes 6 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 6,365

250 Evil Ernie 6 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 6,299

256 Vampirella 30 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 5,995

269 Red Sonja 77 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 5,212

273 Red Sonja Unchained 3 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 5,146

287 The Lone Ranger 15 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 4,771

297 Jennifer Blood 28 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 4,342

299 Sherlock Holmes Liverpool Demon 5 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 4,279

Comment

• Miss Fury #4 / Black Bat #3

Just finished Fury #4. Man, what a book. It strikes a pretty great balance: You don't really know what's going on, but you can still follow it easily.

It does seem as though things are clarifying though. In other words, I think what she's being told now is solid.

I have yet to read BB3, but I love that these two books come out on the same day. I find they complement each other very well; I start with the flashy action of Miss Fury then later on will grab a cup of coffee and get drawn into the noir feel of Black Bat. i look forward to these books like I haven't looked forward to a book since...well...Project Superpowers, really.

Comment

• The end of BB3 is nice. A really good cliffhanger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                  Yikes. Bit of a tumble for our boy...

158 Uncanny 1 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 13,192

162 Masks 8 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 12,794

187 Battlestar Galactica 2 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 10,503

194 Shadow 14 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 10,071

195 Grimm 2 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 9,961

196 Miss Fury 3 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 9,834

212 Black Bat 2 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 8,682

213 Garth Ennis Red Team 3 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 8,645

221 Game of Thrones 15 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 8,081

236 Dejah Thoris & Green Men of Mars 4 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 7,233

244 Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris 26 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 6,593

248 Vampirella Strikes 6 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 6,365

250 Evil Ernie 6 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 6,299

256 Vampirella 30 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 5,995

269 Red Sonja 77 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 5,212

273 Red Sonja Unchained 3 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 5,146

287 The Lone Ranger 15 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 4,771

297 Jennifer Blood 28 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 4,342

299 Sherlock Holmes Liverpool Demon 5 $3.99 Dynamic Forces 4,279
                  Are you referring to Black Bat?

I would thin being above 10, 000 is great for The Spider. I could be remembering wrong, but was it at 5, 000 when Nick Barrucci commented in a thread saying if it stayed there or did better it would continue?

How is Waid's Green Hornet doing?

Edit: I somehow misread The Shadow as The Spider. Also, I looked it up and Green Hornet #2 was a bit over 10, 000, which I think is surprisingly low for Mark Waid being on it. Not to mention it just being great enough that more people sbould really be reading it.

I can't find sales figures for The Spider the last 2 months.
                  Last edited by johnpisme; 07-11-2013, 01:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnpisme View Post
                    Are you referring to Black Bat?

I would thin being above 10, 000 is great for The Spider. I could be remembering wrong, but was it at 5, 000 when Nick Barrucci commented in a thread saying if it stayed there or did better it would continue?

How is Waid's Green Hornet doing?

Edit: I somehow misread The Shadow as The Spider. Also, I looked it up and Green Hornet #2 was a bit over 10, 000, which I think is surprisingly low for Mark Waid being on it. Not to mention it just being great enough that more people sbould really be reading it.

I can't find sales figures for The Spider the last 2 months.
                    I was indeed to referring to Black Bat. I was expecting a drop off, but not that big a drop off.

I can't find the Spider either. Geez, I hope it hasn't fallen off the list altogether. By memory, last I see it it was at about 6000.

Now I'm sure that this doesn't include digital sales and they are usually only referred to as estimates anyway. I'd be curious to see how the digital sales measure up.

Comment

• Yikes, that's a huge drop off for The Black Bat from a 16K first issue.....

Hopefully it levels out at around 7k or so which should be enough to keep it around for quite a good while.
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Wow, what an issue!

Everything from the art to the story was top notch, I loved the interaction between the cop and the bat at the end of the issue and I loved the scene where The Black Bat left the "fang" marks in spray paint on the thugs he left the cops. Just epic! The ending of the issue was a huge cliffhanger, basically standing there with all of those guns drawn on him and man.....I got to wonder how he'll get the heck out of this situation.....

This books is simply phenomenal and one of (if not) my favorite on store shelves today, keep it up Dynamite and I'll keep on buying!

Comment

• If I was only allowed to buy one book a month, it would be Black Bat. I love the Fury book too, but Black Bat is exactly what I look for.

Comment

• Still have yet to actually read Miss Fury #4 but I did read The Black Bat. #3 and it was excellent.

Haha, can't believe that Tony actually was going to give silk drugs to "take the edge off", great stuff and lots of amazing action as per usual. The story and plot are really shining in this title.
                            Dynamite Entertainment
                            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                              Haha, can't believe that Tony actually was going to give silk drugs to "take the edge off", ...
                              Yeah, that's quite something eh?

Maybe this book wouldn't be to the liking of someone who likes his characters to be only black and white, but I like the shades of grey. And hey, for all we know, maybe he was testing him. Regardless, it was a surprising little twist.

Comment

• I thought I might have some clue as to where they are going with Miss Fury by now, but I'm still baffled (not to say I'm not enjoying it) and have no idea which way the plot might twist.

Black Bat isn't really doing much for me so far, it seems a little like re-fried 1980s Frank Miller, but I'll give it until issue 6 (or a new creative team after the first arc) to hook me before dropping it.
                                Last edited by pulphero; 07-19-2013, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X