The Doc Savage series MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    Doc's attire doesn't really need to be updated as much as it needs to be more 'realistic'. The comics have tended make him look a little bit ridiculous. He carried an 'autofire' pistol and had a 'utility'vest, that he sometimes wore, I think it pre-dated Batman's belt. Marvel put him in just a vest and not the utility vest at that. Just give him a shirt under the vest and he should look fine. Millenium did a pretty good job in their comics a few years ago.
    Here's the micro I did that kind of combined several of his looks. It's not perfect but it's a start.
    nice one there

Comment

• My LCS got shorted so I have to wati until next week for doc
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Ugh. Me too. Plus, no Magnus OR Turok. But they DID get the Dynamite titles I don't read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster Johnson View Post
          Ugh. Me too. Plus, no Magnus OR Turok. But they DID get the Dynamite titles I don't read.
          So it wasn't just mine. Sounds like a printer problem.
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

• My store usually only gets one or two copies. I arrived kinda late, so they could have just sold out.

Comment

• Don't usally have a problem. My LCS has a hold service. So unless it's something I'm not signed up for I usually get my stuff. Hopefully they'll have the missing copies next week.

Comment

• Many small comic shops are just barely hanging on, and can't afford to stock "a few copies of everything", especially with the glut of titles being published today.

If you want your LCS to stay in business and be there as a resource for you to purchase comics, you need to subscribe or otherwise make it clear to your retailer that you're committed to certain titles, especially if those titles are not part of Marvel and DC's major character franchises.

Remember, every unsold (and non-returnable for credit) copy of a comic book stuck sitting on a retailer's shelf at the end of the month negates the profit on a comic book he did sell. Most retailers can't psychically read your unexpressed wishes and desires, nor do they have the infinitely deep pockets to have everything available to everyone all the time.

Comment

• How was the new issue?

Comment

• Who would win?

Doc Savage vs The Shadow!
                    Who do you guys think would win?
                    I say it depends on whether The Shadow would be willing to use lethal force in a gunfight. In a fistfight...I don't know. Shadow DID take down Kato in Masks...

Comment

• Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                      Many small comic shops are just barely hanging on, and can't afford to stock "a few copies of everything", especially with the glut of titles being published today.

If you want your LCS to stay in business and be there as a resource for you to purchase comics, you need to subscribe or otherwise make it clear to your retailer that you're committed to certain titles, especially if those titles are not part of Marvel and DC's major character franchises.

Remember, every unsold (and non-returnable for credit) copy of a comic book stuck sitting on a retailer's shelf at the end of the month negates the profit on a comic book he did sell. Most retailers can't psychically read your unexpressed wishes and desires, nor do they have the infinitely deep pockets to have everything available to everyone all the time.
                      Another comic shop in the area had it. Not a bad issue, probably my favorite Doc Savage so far.

Comment

• Hopefully I'll get my copy tommorow or Thursday. I've got my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Grrr. My LCS didn't get the Shadow #0, or Legenderry, or Lady Zorro. I don't usually get the other two, but I was looking forward to the Shadow! Or maybe the Archie fans that came to get the death issue bought the Dynamite books too.
                          Last edited by Lobster Johnson; 07-16-2014, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Doc Savage #8

A decent end to a decent series. Although the way Doc saved everyone did seem a little unbelievable, I liked this issue. Liked the last panel, too.

Comment

• My LCBS got shorted AGAIN! It seems to be happening because of how Previews is handleing (or not) the alternate covers. Fingers crossed for next week.

Comment

• The "subscription" covers (Cassaday's, in this instance) are supposed to be unlimited. That means there's no requirement for your LCS to purchase any set quantities of the "regular" cover (Ross's in this case) to order as many of the Cassaday covers as his subscribers request (in practice, they can become sold out quickly once the book has actually shipped, so if you want the Cassaday, he should be ordering before Diamond's Final Order Cutoff (FOC) date (varies from publisher to publisher, but usually around 4-5 weeks before the actual shipping date). But usually these orders will still be filled by Diamond right up to the shipping date, and, depending on the individual book, sometimes for a while after that. You won't get them the week they actually ship though, if your LCS orders it after the FOC. If your LCS is feeding you a line that it's not advance re-orderable prior to the shipping date, then he's BS-ing you.

Comment

Working...
                                X