For those of who've lost track, . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of who've lost track, . . .

Does anybody have a listing of which pulp-line books are still due out before we're down to just Justice Inc. (and the anticipated dates for those titles)?

I can think of:

* Black Bat #12 = July 2nd or 16th?

* Doc Savage #7 = June 25th?

* Doc Savage #8 = July 30th?

* Mark Waid's Green Hornet #13 = June 18th?

* Shadow Year One #10 = July 30th?

(I'm not even going to worry about Shadow Midnight in Moscow since that's just recently started.)

CEO/Publisher

Trying to give you the best answers possible. Fingers crossed.

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does anybody have a listing of which pulp-line books are still due out before we're down to just Justice Inc. (and the anticipated dates for those titles)?

I can think of:

* Black Bat #12 = July 2nd or 16th? - July 2nd

* Doc Savage #7 = June 25th? - July 9th or 16th

* Doc Savage #8 = July 30th? - August 16th or 13th

* Mark Waid's Green Hornet #13 = June 18th? - June 25th or July 2nd

* Shadow Year One #10 = July 30th? - That would be ideal

(I'm not even going to worry about Shadow Midnight in Moscow since that's just recently started.)
    - #2 is July 2nd and #3 July 23rd or 30th and the rest the final Wednesday of each month

Comment

I can think of:

* Black Bat #12 = July 2nd or 16th?

* Doc Savage #7 = June 25th?

* Doc Savage #8 = July 30th?

* Mark Waid's Green Hornet #13 = June 18th?

* Shadow Year One #10 = July 30th?

Let's see... that makes
      5 final issues to wrap up those current series,
      + 1 issue of The Shadow Over Innsmouth #1 (7/09/14),
      + 1 issue of The Shadow #0 (7/23/14),
      + 6 issues of The Shadow: Midnight In Moscow,
      + 6 issues of Justice Inc.
      = 19 individual DE pulp comics we have confirmed in the pipeline [not including WoM titles or TPBs like The Shadow: Masters Series Vol. 2 (6/25/14)].

Hmm. I notice there are only 4 books there that don't have The Shadow in them.

Apologies to Nick if those dates aren't precisely accurate, but they're what Diamond Comics is listing right now.
      Last edited by pulphero; 06-08-2014, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Oh yeah, almost forgot. If we include the DC-published (but DE co-starring) Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet, that brings the total of known DE pulp comics to 25 (and the total not featuring The Shadow to 10).

Although the last issues of Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet, The Shadow: Midnight in Moscow, and Justice Inc. haven't been solicited yet, I feel pretty confident with all these titles that we won't run into any distressing situations like DE did with Dragonsbane #4 or (even worse) Green Hornet Strikes! #10. The final issue of Justice Inc. will bring us into early 2015; what's on the horizon between September 2014 and then is a secret known only to DE at present.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
          Oh yeah, almost forgot. If we include the DC-published (but DE co-starring) Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet, that brings the total of known DE pulp comics to 25 (and the total not featuring The Shadow to 10).

Although the last issues of Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet, The Shadow: Midnight in Moscow, and Justice Inc. haven't been solicited yet, I feel pretty confident with all these titles that we won't run into any distressing situations like DE did with Dragonsbane #4 or (even worse) Green Hornet Strikes! #10. The final issue of Justice Inc. will bring us into early 2015; what's on the horizon between September 2014 and then is a secret known only to DE at present.
          Y'know, I do wonder if Batman '66 Meets Green Hornet might not be a bit too campy to qualify as "pulp".

Comment

Hey, I figure if a character in the year 2014 can qualify, then why not 1966. (Although of course it really has to be 1967, or later, when the story takes place.)
            Despite all the other complaints aimed at it, nobody ever called for ousting Jai Nitz's campy Green Hornet Legacy from the category on the same technicality.
            Last edited by pulphero; 06-08-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Hey, I figure if a character in the year 2014 can qualify, then why not 1966. (Although of course it really has to be 1967 when the story takes place or later.)
              Despite all the other complaints aimed at it, nobody ever called for ousting Jai Nitz's campy Green Hornet Legacy from the category on the same technicality.
              Since I've avoided reading most of the "present day" Green Hornet stories Dynamite put out, . . .

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, Green Hornet and Kato aren't really given the "campy" treatment (except for one unfortunate line of dialogue by Kato, that reads for all the world as though it could have been scripted by Lorenzo Semple Jr.); that's left to Batman and Robin. Which, IIRC, is pretty much how the TV script for "A Piece of the Action" treated them.

Comment

Since I've avoided reading most of the "present day" Green Hornet stories Dynamite put out, . . .
                  Very magnanimous of you to make an exception for the Black Bat, then, I guess. Or was it simply because in the case of Green Hornet, you had other options available?
                  Still, I don't disagree with you conceptually on the modern setting not qualifying as true pulp per se, just following general convention in the sense that it seems most people here aren't making that same distinction. Most seem to accept the modern setting and categorize the character as "pulp" if it was originally set in the 1930s/40s, so I figured the same inclusive rule applied to a 1960s Hornet.
                  Last edited by pulphero; 06-08-2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Very magnanimous of you to make an exception for the Black Bat, then, I guess. Or was it simply because in the case of Green Hornet, you had other options available?
                    Still, I don't disagree with you conceptually on the modern setting not qualifying as true pulp per se, just following general convention in the sense that it seems most people here aren't making that same distinction. Most seem to accept the modern setting and categorize the character as "pulp" if it was originally set in the 1930s/40s, so I figured the same inclusive rule applied to a 1960s Hornet.
                    I didn't buy the modern-day Green Hornet material because by the time I was able to get to a comic book shop and see an issue, I didn't like what I saw. (I think modern Green Hornet and the female Kato may have been having sex?)

Comment

I didn't buy the modern-day Green Hornet material because by the time I was able to get to a comic book shop and see an issue, I didn't like what I saw. (I think modern Green Hornet and the female Kato may have been having sex?)
                      Yeah, that happened. Maybe it seemed a little radical to you, I don't know. But it's not happening in 1939, so...

Nowhere anywhere near as radical, to my way of thinking, as making the protagonist of your series a cop-killer. If it's been done anywhere before, I'm not aware of it. Originally I would have characterized the Black Bat as a superhero series taking place (in tone) somewhere in-between Batman and Daredevil on the one side, and The Punisher on the other side. Well, it seems it went quite past the far side of the Punisher. Having read this far, I guess I'll read the final issue to see what happens, but the only satisfactory conclusion to the series that I can envision at this point is the arrest and conviction and/or death of the Black Bat.
                      Last edited by pulphero; 06-09-2014, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X