Any new plans for GH?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new plans for GH?

Even with the cancellation of Shadow's ongoing and Shadow: Year One ending soon, there are still plenty of Shadow stories Dynamite has planned. What about Green Hornet? Are there any plans for him (besides the Batman 66 crossover)? Maybe they could have a Black Bat/Green Hornet crossover since each of their series just ended...

I'd love to see a Green Hornet Lone Ranger 'team up'. Something that starts in the Ranger's time and is finished by the Hornet.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I suppose that would be entirely at the discretion of the two respective intellectual property holders. In the case of Green Hornet Inc., it's entirely possible that they might want not want to play up the character's true genesis too much, for fear of their proprietary character being perceived as a mere spinoff or modern-day reworking of the earlier Lone Ranger concept. Of course, I can't pretend to know how GHI actually feels about the subject, just indulging in some speculation of a possible reason for it not happening.

Comment

I'm sure Green Hornet will get another team up book, mini, or appear in Justice Inc or another star studded book sooner or later. I'm sure he's got a future with DE.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
          I'm sure Green Hornet will get another team up book, mini, or appear in Justice Inc or another star studded book sooner or later. I'm sure he's got a future with DE.
          Doubt in Justice Inc. unless it's a cameo appearance or something small.

Isn't Justice Inc. focusing mostly on just the Street & Smith properties Dynamite is licensing?

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
            Isn't Justice Inc. focusing mostly on just the Street & Smith properties Dynamite is licensing?
            We don't know that, there haven't been a lot of details floating around. But, yeah it looks like it. I could see them doing things like mentioning the Daily Sentinal, Britt Reid or some of the other characters (Black Bat, Miss fury etc.) in passing. But I can't see them playing any kind of roll inhe story. t
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
              Doubt in Justice Inc. unless it's a cameo appearance or something small.

Yes, Michael Uslan was pretty clear on that, in interviews about the series. The whole point is that while the three S&S characters have been licensed by DC Comics a few times in the past, all three were never teamed up in one story. The Shadow had met The Avenger in his first DC series (which Uslan wrote), The Shadow had met Doc Savage in DC's 1980s The Shadow Strikes! series (and a later 2-issue story from Dark Horse), and Doc Savage had met The Avenger (and Batman) in DC's First Wave series. But this will be the first story to have all 3 S&S heroes together. Uslan will be following his usual method of working various historical references and characters (with footnotes) into the story, and the supporting casts of the main heroes has been pared down to just Margo Lane and Monk Mayfair.

Possibly, there could be a nodding reference in there somewhere to The Shadow's previous meeting with Green Hornet in Uslan's Dark Nights, but people seem to forget that each time Dynamite uses any of these characters, which DE doesn't own, they must get the permission and approval of the rights owners. It's nowhere near as simple a matter as it is for DC or Marvel to just shuffle whatever characters from their company-owned stable into any story at the whim of the writer, giving them as slight a cameo or as large a co-starring role as the writer cares to. With Green Hornet being owned by a different company than the S&S pulp heroes, the owners probably aren't going to just let him show up for a panel or three.
              Last edited by pulphero; 07-09-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                I'd love to see a Green Hornet Lone Ranger 'team up'. Something that starts in the Ranger's time and is finished by the Hornet.
                Funny you should mention that...

I've written one in prose format. It's not finished, yet, but if you'd like to see what I've got so far, send me a PM.

Comment

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to see GH in Justice Inc, especially since Nick has hinted that other pulp heroes could make an appearance. It may not be "likely", but it certainly is "possible".

As for GH's future, I'd love to see some more mini's from him down the line. Maybe something in late 2014 or early 2015.....

Comment

Maybe with all the #0 issues released lately we'll get a Green Hornet one.

Comment

I've heard about this. Not my first choice, but I'll take it.

Comment

I wish DE would just do a straight, original steampunk series featuring non-licensed characters. I like steampunk and I like Bill Willingham's writing, but the "Elseworlds" spin on classic characters is just a turn-off for me.

Comment

sounds interesting. i'm always up for new interpretations of characters.

Comment

Working...
                          X