Masks II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masks II

Masks 2 announced by Dynamite! Cullen Bunn writing! Debuts late 2014! So much awesome!
    What do you guys think?! I think awesome!

Do you have a link for this announcement?

Comment

I got it... http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54208

Comment

Originally posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
        Here it is at Bleeding Cool: http://http://www.bleedingcool.com/2...-for-dynamite/

Comment

I wonder who'll be doing the art... Dennis Calero's art wasn't bad, but it would be awesome if Alex Ross would do the entire series this time! I would be happy for him to do just one issue though; the first issue of Masks with his art was epic.
          Maybe Francavilla could do it? Hopefully he and Ross will be doing covers at least.

Comment

Ross and Francavilla <WHERE THE HELL IS NECROLOGUE???> both seem highly doubtful. Personally, I'd be thrilled if they got either Aaron Campbell, Colton Worley, or Daniel Indro. With this coming on the heels of Justice Inc., if Masks 2 has only a so-so artist (like Calero), my anticipation for it is going to be seriously diminished.

The Shadow #0 was great, so fingers crossed, I'm hoping the story tops the first one. No mention of the cast -- exact same character lineup as last time? No Doc Savage or Avenger? Yeah, Doc doesn't wear a mask, but the Avenger's face IS a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
              Ross and Francavilla <WHERE THE HELL IS NECROLOGUE???> both seem highly doubtful. Personally, I'd be thrilled if they got either Aaron Campbell, Colton Worley, or Daniel Indro. With this coming on the heels of Justice Inc., if Masks 2 has only a so-so artist (like Calero), my anticipation for it is going to be seriously diminished.

The Shadow #0 was great, so fingers crossed, I'm hoping the story tops the first one. No mention of the cast -- exact same character lineup as last time? No Doc Savage or Avenger? Yeah, Doc doesn't wear a mask, but the Avenger's face IS a mask.
              Aaron Campbell or Daniel Indro would both be great, but I'm not a huge Colton Worley fan.
              As for the cast, I'd like to see Green Hornet, Kato, maybe Doc Savage and the Avenger, Shadow, Spider, and Black Bat. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the others like Green Lama and Miss Fury, but I hope they leave Zorro and Black Terror out of it. I like both of those characters, but they didn't fit in with the rest of the cast. It might even be better if they only have GH, Kato, Shadow, Spider, and Black Bat, if only so the book isn't too crowded. The last series, while highly enjoyable, had too many characters.
              Last edited by Lobster Johnson; 07-21-2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

G'day,

What I like about Alex Ross is that he understands the period. That first issue looked like an old movie, which is exactly what you want. The problem with the first series was that there were too many characters and not enough girls. I expect we will see both Miss Fury and Black Sparrow this time. Hopefully Black Terror and Zorro can do something else.

ta

Ralph

Comment

Excellent news.

I'm actually most interested in seeing that version of The Black Bat again, hopefully. He wasn't a big part of the first one really, but I hope Cullen saw enough there to include him in the cast.

Comment

Do we know when it is set yet? (I know, I'm weird about that.)

Comment

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
                      The problem with the first series was that there were too many characters and not enough girls. I expect we will see both Miss Fury and Black Sparrow this time.
                      There can never be enough girls, can there? IMO they should just claim-jump the only active pulp character Moonstone has left, the public-domain Domino Lady. The Lady in Red (from Project Superpowers) would fit right in with the non-powered masked vigilantes here as well. She's one of (if not the) earliest masked female types.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                        Excellent news.

I'm actually most interested in seeing that version of The Black Bat again, hopefully. He wasn't a big part of the first one really, but I hope Cullen saw enough there to include him in the cast.
                        Yeah, unlike the modern day BB, I liked this version. If he's in it, I want to see him and the Shadow butt heads over their respective definitions of justice (like in Masks #8).

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster Johnson View Post
                          Yeah, unlike the modern day BB, I liked this version. If he's in it, I want to see him and the Shadow butt heads over their respective definitions of justice (like in Masks #8).
                          Indeed! That could have gotten pretty intense.

The most common criticism against Dynamite's modern Bat (aside from "He's just a Batman ripoff...ugh...) is that he's too far removed from the original version. The Masks Bat looked like he was going to be a bit more traditional. I'd like for him to get a bit more exposure to see if someone would be interested in giving him a try in his own book (or sharing one).

Fury, Hornet/Kato...I'd like to see that era's Masquerade (as Dynamite calls her) too. Everyone else I can give or take. I'll be stoked for the book regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                            There can never be enough girls, can there? IMO they should just claim-jump the only active pulp character Moonstone has left, the public-domain Domino Lady. The Lady in Red (from Project Superpowers) would fit right in with the non-powered masked vigilantes here as well. She's one of (if not the) earliest masked female types.
                            In Dynamite's shoes, would you introduce Domino Lady in a mini like Masks, or see about launching her own series? Think she has enough recognition for them to go straight to her own book?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                              Indeed! That could have gotten pretty intense.

The most common criticism against Dynamite's modern Bat (aside from "He's just a Batman ripoff...ugh...) is that he's too far removed from the original version. The Masks Bat looked like he was going to be a bit more traditional. I'd like for him to get a bit more exposure to see if someone would be interested in giving him a try in his own book (or sharing one).

Fury, Hornet/Kato...I'd like to see that era's Masquerade (as Dynamite calls her) too. Everyone else I can give or take. I'll be stoked for the book regardless.
                              To tell the truth, I'll be satisfied just to see GH and Kato...

Comment

Working...
                              X