Masks II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobster Johnson View Post
    To tell the truth, I'll be satisfied just to see GH and Kato...
    Me too! And let's get Ronilson Freire to do the art!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
      In Dynamite's shoes, would you introduce Domino Lady in a mini like Masks, or see about launching her own series? Think she has enough recognition for them to go straight to her own book?
      Well, they introduced Black Bat (and the 1930s Zorro) in the first Masks, and The Avenger in the Justice Inc. team-up series, so why not? It's not as if her backstory is so complicated that it can't be summed up in a couple of panels, or even just a couple of dialogue balloons. Black Bat and the Avenger had no real recognition for most readers, either. People are buying the series for the other characters, anyway. No different than introducing a new superhero in a team book like Avengers or Justice League, then spinning off the character into its own series later, knowing that they got more exposure by being in a team book first. On the whole, it seems like a safer way to go to try to hook people unfamiliar with the character.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
        Me too! And let's get Ronilson Freire to do the art!
        I wonder why he dropped out of Mark Waid's Green Hornet.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
          I wonder why he dropped out of Mark Waid's Green Hornet.
          He didn't. I think you're confusing him with Daniel Indro.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenHornet0415 View Post
            He didn't. I think you're confusing him with Daniel Indro.
            Where did Friere's work appear, then?

Comment

Where did Friere's work appear, then?
              Friere did work on Mark Waid's GH, but after Indro left. I actually didn't notice a huge difference between their art, though. Either one of them would be good for Masks II.

Comment

Friere did work on Mark Waid's GH, but after Indro left.
                So I got who came first mixed up. Reason being exactly as you state below. Very similar styles, both very good. Possibly even studio mates? I know nothing about either artist.
                I actually didn't notice a huge difference between their art, though. Either one of them would be good for Masks II.

Comment

So I got who came first mixed up. Reason being exactly as you state below. Very similar styles, both very good. Possibly even studio mates? I know nothing about either artist.
                  I'd never heard of either of them before that series.

Comment

I'd never heard of either of them before that series.
                    Daniel Indro did Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist for DE prior to doing Green Hornet.

Comment

Friere did work on Mark Waid's GH, but after Indro left. I actually didn't notice a huge difference between their art, though.
                      Another reason why the series was so great!

Comment

Daniel Indro did Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist for DE prior to doing Green Hornet.
                        Ah. No wonder I haven't heard of him. I haven't read any Flash Gordon besides King's Watch.

Comment

I loved MASKS and am really excited about MASKS II.

Green Hornet and Kato are a MUST. I would love to see the Masks versions of Black Bat and Zorro again. Any of the other characters are welcome, but not necessarily a must for me.

I wonder how the Spirit would fit in with this group?

Comment

I would bet when DE gets The Spirit, the first crossover story will be with either The Shadow, or Green Hornet. I must admit that a Spirit crossover with Miss Fury would probably fit more comfortably into the Spirit tradition of femme fatales. Plus, they were both originally newspaper comics.

Comment

Ah. No wonder I haven't heard of him. I haven't read any Flash Gordon besides King's Watch.
                              And as a side note, they appear to be different continuities--the King's Watch and later Flash Gordon being set now, and the previous Dynamite FG being set decades ago.

Comment

I would bet when DE gets The Spirit, the first crossover story will be with either The Shadow, or Green Hornet. I must admit that a Spirit crossover with Miss Fury would probably fit more comfortably into the Spirit tradition of femme fatales. Plus, they were both originally newspaper comics.
                                I agree with you on Miss Fury. I would most enjoy the Green Hornet/Spirit crossover.

Comment

Working...
                                X