No announcement yet.

WARLORD OF MARS RETURNING IN NOVEMBER!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARLORD OF MARS RETURNING IN NOVEMBER!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54235

It will be written by Ron Marz with art by Abhishek Malsuni and Neeraj Menon.

Hooray!!

This looks awesome, cant wait, now DE bring back Tarzan.

Comment

Wonder if the stories will be a continuation of the previous series or a whole new run.

Ralph

Comment

I'm really excited about this. I do wonder if this will be original stories or adapting the other novels they haven't covered yet. Personally I'm kind of hoping Marz will be doing new original stories. The art from Abhishek Malsuni looks great. The wide pic with Carter in the air from the right reminds me of Frazetta's cover for The Gods of Mars/The Warlord of Mars. Also just realized, Marz on Mars....just had to point that out.

Comment

Judging by the second picture, they'll be adapting Chessmen of Mars at some point.

Dejah reminds me of Wonder Woman in this picture (must be the bra and headband).

The White Apes look a lot less ape-ish (and a lot less white) than the traditional depiction.

Comment

Another thing. I much prefer the Red Men (and women) to be colored a lot more red (like they do in the current Dejah of Mars series).

Comment

looking forward to this. glad Dynamite was able to work with ERB INC.

Comment

I can't remember the last thing I read by Ron Marz. It may have been the old Kyle Rayner Green Lantern (which I liked, as written by him, in general). Honestly don't know what he's been up to since. I mostly enjoyed his facility with things both space operatic and cosmic (having started out as a protege of Jim Starlin, on Silver Surfer). There do seem to be a few lightyears between JC of Mars and cosmic superheroes, but I think far worse choices could have been made for the assignment.

Comment

Woo...

So then I came across this image associated with the announcement.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	JohnCarterWarlordofMars-01c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	48869
                  Yikes. Looks like Dejah has really been tossing back a few too many Barsoomian bon-bons.

Comment

Maybe it's the angle...? Or perhaps it's emulating a sort of Rubens style?

I do hope we will still get JC beefcake. All of the males in the art I've seen seem more, ah, covered up than before. :/

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                      Maybe it's the angle...? Or perhaps it's emulating a sort of Rubens style?
                      She looks like she might be thinking about a Reuben sandwich...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	JohnCarterWarlordofMars-01c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	48871
                      That big round flat thing next to her fingertips could be an ornament of some kind, I guess, but it sure looks like a cookie to me.
                      Last edited by pulphero; 07-27-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Excellent! I love the fact that DE will be bringing us more ERB comics! Hopefully, in addition to John Carter Warlord of Mars, we will get more ERB soon--more Tarzan, Lord of Adventure, more Mucker, more David Innes, etc. ERB's science fiction stories were always more interesting to me in the Tarzan series of novels (Ant Men, lost civilizations, immortality pills, etc). I just spent doing a tv series binge watching on Hulu of the Joe Lara version of Tarzan the Epic Adventures--great concepts but special effects are weak by today's standards but a valiant effort! My favorite was Tarzan traveling to ERB's Venus. Beautiful sexy women, an effort to show a politically correct portrayal of Africans, and an emphasis on the sci-fi aspects of ERB. If DE can get Tarzan with access to all the ERB mythos like I understand John Carter series will be able to draw on all the Warlord of Mars novels, a new Tarzan series would be excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Blinky McQuade View Post
                          Excellent! I love the fact that DE will be bringing us more ERB comics! Hopefully, in addition to John Carter Warlord of Mars, we will get more ERB soon--more Tarzan, Lord of Adventure, more Mucker, more David Innes, etc. ERB's science fiction stories were always more interesting to me in the Tarzan series of novels (Ant Men, lost civilizations, immortality pills, etc). I just spent doing a tv series binge watching on Hulu of the Joe Lara version of Tarzan the Epic Adventures--great concepts but special effects are weak by today's standards but a valiant effort! My favorite was Tarzan traveling to ERB's Venus. Beautiful sexy women, an effort to show a politically correct portrayal of Africans, and an emphasis on the sci-fi aspects of ERB. If DE can get Tarzan with access to all the ERB mythos like I understand John Carter series will be able to draw on all the Warlord of Mars novels, a new Tarzan series would be excellent!
                          I agree with your Tarzan comments, the Joe Lara series was the best Tarzan show since Ron Ely's.
                          Besides getting the full Tarzan rights, I would also like to see DE publish trades of ERB Online comics, which are really good and faithful to the novels.

Comment

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...emID=SEP141241
                            John Carter solicits.

Comment

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...g-john-carter/
                              Great interview with Ron Marz about JC, I think they should use this same direction with Tarzan, tell new stories that's inspired by the novels but not necessarily adaptations.

Comment

Working...
                              X