X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rasx View Post
    This is coming in March:
    [ATTACH]938[/ATTACH]
    I wonder if this mini will tie into the events of the Lone Ranger: Death of Zorro mini from a few years back.

Probably not now that I think about it. Since Zorro was older when he passed away and these ladies are his contemporaries and looking young.
    Last edited by PulpCrazy; 12-19-2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PulpCrazy View Post
      I wonder if this mini will tie into the events of the Lone Ranger: Death of Zorro mini from a few years back.

Probably not now that I think about it. Since Zorro was older when he passed away and these ladies are his contemporaries and looking young.
      Not sure what made you think of that. But the new series might have something to do with both the LADY RAWHIDE and LADY ZORRO miniseries.

Comment

Maybe it turns out that Zorro isn't actually dead at the end of this one, thus letting him die of old age in the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
          Maybe it turns out that Zorro isn't actually dead at the end of this one, thus letting him die of old age in the other one.
          Of course he's not dead. Not only does he die as an old, old man, in LONE RANGER: THE DEATH OF ZORRO, he's still alive as an old man in DJANGO/ZORRO. Of course he was still a young man when Lady Rawhide and Lady Zorro were still able to fit into those outfits. I don't think any of us really want to see Lady Rawhide or Lady Zorro in a crossover with Django or the Lone Ranger. But a Django/Lone Ranger crossover series would be cool.
          Last edited by pulphero; 12-20-2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Beautiful cover!!

As far as team-ups go, you guys have covered a lot of them.
            My only complaint is the art.

It's too bad Russ Manning ISN'T around, because his team-up of Magnus, Robot Fighter... and Tarzan would have been just GREAT!! (And almost anything Manning would have done would have "worked" for me.)

For ANY team-up, the artist is key. Otherwise, it's really hard for me to enjoy. I'm sorry to say this again, but Alex Ross' meeting of Lamont Cranston and Bret Reed at the Cobalt Club was a real high-point of comic-book fiction for DE. (For me.)

Without wonderful art, the team-ups will always fail-- for me. It's the beauty of the comic book page art that makes it for me.

I would love to see Chaykin do CODY STARBUCK.!!

If we could get a great artist to do the Project SuperPowers heroes... that would be great.!!
            If someone like Bruce Timm (or a host of other really exciting artists) would do the "hero team-ups," I would be for almost any of the super-heroes to get together.
            Sure, ...I would love to see Magno, Davey, and all of the other heroes from that line team up.

The same with BLACK TERROR and all of the heroes from his line.

And, with the Lev Gleason DAREDEVIL, SILVER STREAK, THE GHOST,...and THE CLAW......fun to see them together but NOT with bad art.
            Last edited by Magno; 12-21-2014, 09:26 PM.

Comment

With 2015 now here... I think Dynamite has to make it a priority to do SOMETHING with The Green Hornet & The Lone Ranger.

This is the first time these two properties were licensed at the same publisher.

Something needs to be done to connect the Reid Family. The nod to Dan Reid Jr. with the green hornets during the initial Brett Mathews run on the Lone Ranger was nice, but something more overt would be cool.

There was an episode of Batman: TAS where Jonah Hex went up against Ra's Alghul and his son's plans, then Batman encountered Ra's (and his now aged son) in modern times.

Something like that.

Start out with The Lone Ranger and Tonto in the 1870's, then tie it in with The Green Hornet and Kato in the 1930's.

It doesn't have to be anything more than a one-shot special.

It would just be a real missed opportunity looking back and not seeing something happen to address the lineage in a team-up book.

Comment

With 2015 now here... I think Dynamite has to make it a priority to do SOMETHING with The Green Hornet & The Lone Ranger.

This is the first time these two properties were licensed at the same publisher.

Something needs to be done to connect the Reid Family. The nod to Dan Reid Jr. with the green hornets during the initial Brett Mathews run on the Lone Ranger was nice, but something more overt would be cool.

It would just be a real missed opportunity looking back and not seeing something happen to address the lineage in a team-up book.
                Agreed. A story that starts with the Lone Ranger and ends with The Green Hornet would be great. A decedent stumbling on something an ancestor hid in the Ranger's time or the 'rebirth' of a criminal organization from the Ranger's time.
                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

You never really know how the individual licensors might feel about it though. Either one (or both) might say no.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
                    You never really know how the individual licensors might feel about it though. Either one (or both) might say no.
                    Agreed, but it is worth a shot and would be nice to see.
                    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I'm sure they could be sweet talked.

Although from what I hear the Trendel Estate, who owns the Green Hornet property is not as strict as they were in the 80's and 90's. A great grandaughter (or maybe even grand niece) owns the property, so we are pretty far removed from the days of the Mr. Trendle himself scrapping the Female Kato in the Now Comics days.

Not sure about the Striker Estate who own the Lone Ranger, but they did let him have a tie-in with Zorro.

If it comes down to whose name is first on the cover, just get around it the same way they did with the Kings: Insert Kings Syndicate Title Here.

Just break it into two one-shots and call them - Legacy: Lone Ranger and Legacy: Green Hornet, or something like that.

Comment

I'm sure they could be sweet talked.

Although from what I hear the Trendel Estate, who owns the Green Hornet property is not as strict as they were in the 80's and 90's. A great grandaughter (or maybe even grand niece) owns the property, so we are pretty far removed from the days of the Mr. Trendle himself scrapping the Female Kato in the Now Comics days.

Not sure about the Striker Estate who own the Lone Ranger, but they did let him have a tie-in with Zorro.

If it comes down to whose name is first on the cover, just get around it the same way they did with the Kings: Insert Kings Syndicate Title Here.

Just break it into two one-shots and call them - Legacy: Lone Ranger and Legacy: Green Hornet, or something like that.

I think a Lone Ranger/Green Hornet event would be great! Maybe even throw in Sgt. Preston and Yukon King from Challenge of the Yukon as well? All three were Trendle radio creations.

Comment

Not sure about the Striker Estate who own the Lone Ranger
                          I don't think that's right. As far as I knew, Trendle sold off the rights to the Lone Ranger back during the TV show era to the Jack Wrather Corporation, and it was later turned into Lone Ranger Incorporated, then sold again. I don't know who owns it, but I don't think it has anything to do with Fran Striker's estate.

Comment

I don't think that's right. As far as I knew, Trendle sold off the rights to the Lone Ranger back during the TV show era to the Jack Wrather Corporation, and it was later turned into Lone Ranger Incorporated, then sold again. I don't know who owns it, but I don't think it has anything to do with Fran Striker's estate.
                            I thought Trendle took GH and Striker took the LR, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

In the newest Lone Ranger mini, Vindicated, the fine prints mentions Classic Media LLC.

http://www.hoovers.com/company-infor...11809cc88.html

It looks like Dreamworks plans to purchase this company though: https://www.google.com/finance?cid=2345860

Comment

I thought Trendle took GH and Striker took the LR, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

In the newest Lone Ranger mini, Vindicated, the fine prints mentions Classic Media LLC.
                              Oh yeah... Classic Media. Yup, I remember that now. Don't know why it slipped my mind, since I have the DVDs.

Comment

Speaking of Classic Media, I was looking on the inside front cover of the new Magnus Robot Fighter issue, and Classic Media LLC apparently licenses Magnus from Random House.

If Classic Media has licensed the whole Gold Key library (which I'm not sure of, just read Magnus and Doktor Spectre), maybe a Turok/Lone Ranger Crossover could be in our future?

Comment

Working...
                                X