New Warlord of Marz Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Warlord of Marz Series

I am loving this new series. Personally I am getting the Bart Sears covers. His art is terrible compared to his days on CrossGen's The First - but these covers seem to be capturing the essence of the new series...so far at least.

The art inside is the best yet. No longer do I have to dodge my wife with semi nude art, and Dejah Thoris virtually having every line of her body on display. Don't get me wrong - I liked the old series, it was beyond awesome - but it is nice being able to read the new series in a family environment. Never let this artist leave - chain him to a desk or something.

I have chosen to pretend this carries on straight from the previous series. This is working out pretty well so far without any issues. Hopefully Ron will allow me to play out this fantasy without anything which directly contradicts the previous series. Aside from Tars Tarkas eye patch - everything fits.

My wife remains completely aware of my comic purchasing habits including books with beautiful art showcasing the female form. Apologize for nothing!

Comment

I do hope we're going to get more of John Carter wearing less, though--I don't mean nudity but his classic-style speedo-ish outfit. There's no reason for him to suddenly start covering up, and after all, that's been the standard amount of coverage for characters like Tarzan, Conan, even Namor without it being an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
        The art inside is the best yet. No longer do I have to dodge my wife with semi nude art, and Dejah Thoris virtually having every line of her body on display. Don't get me wrong - I liked the old series, it was beyond awesome - but it is nice being able to read the new series in a family environment. Never let this artist leave - chain him to a desk or something.
        Agreed that the artwork is better than ever. Aside from previous risque covers though, I'm really not sure what the distinction is (in terms of nudity or semi-nudity) between the 'old' DE Dejah Thoris and the new authorized one. In terms of the coverage (or lack thereof) of Dejah's body, I can't see an iota of difference - she's just better drawn than she was before, on average.

Comment

Originally posted by The Namer View Post

Yeah the artist on this series is A+. I'm thinking it won't be long until the Big Two comes calling. He needs to work on his storytelling a bit, but his anatomy and composition are spot on.

Comment

Damn the art in #3 is killer. Everyone, involved in this comic should hold their head up with pride. This is a great book. I wish the story would move just a bit faster, but I understand the reasons for devoting a large portion of an issue to focus on Deja.

I'm looking forward to seeing all hell break loose in the coming issues as Carter's forces return to Helium.

I'm crossing my fingers for an epic duel.

Comment

G'day,

Absolutely agree great story by Marz and Abhishek Malsuni art is just beautiful. (But don't care what Pulphero says Dejah Thoris looks like an Indian Bollywood hottie!)

ta

Ralph

Originally posted by PulpCrazy View Post
              Damn the art in #3 is killer. Everyone, involved in this comic should hold their head up with pride. This is a great book. I wish the story would move just a bit faster, but I understand the reasons for devoting a large portion of an issue to focus on Deja.

I'm looking forward to seeing all hell break loose in the coming issues as Carter's forces return to Helium.

Comment

Originally posted by PulpCrazy View Post

I like the slow plots - comics are too fast these days.

Comment

Working...
                X