Warlord of Mars - Authorised or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlord of Mars - Authorised or not?

I have been looking at a lot of advance solits and notice that we are beginning to get a lot of books which now state "This product is not authorized by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc."

I thought it was all authorised now - or did that deal fall through?

It might explain a lot though. Like why no characters have changed particularly at all since the previous books, and level of nudity is about the same.

Which may also mean we have the previous volumes of the books cancelled for no good reason.

Although there may be another explanation - maybe the solits have placed this comment there by mistake.

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
    I have been looking at a lot of advance solits and notice that we are beginning to get a lot of books which now state "This product is not authorized by Edgar Rice Buriroughs, Inc."
    Where? Show me.
    Solicits for trade collections reprinting stuff from the previous series? Not the same. Those don't count.
    Only the current series JOHN CARTER Warlord of Mars is authorized. If it doesn't say "John Carter", you're looking at a TPB reprinting older material.
    Last edited by pulphero; 01-04-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Hit the jump for March solicits on the main Dynamite page, then click on JCWOM - the text I copied and pasted is on all mars solicits.

Seems odd.

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...13022350005011
      Last edited by The Namer; 01-05-2015, 12:22 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
        Where? Show me.
        Solicits for trade collections reprinting stuff from the previous series? Not the same. Those don't count.
        Only the current series JOHN CARTER Warlord of Mars is authorized. If it doesn't say "John Carter", you're looking at a TPB reprinting older material.
        I know the difference

Comment

Originally posted by The Namer View Post
          Hit the jump for March solicits on the main Dynamite page, then click on JCWOM - the text I copied and pasted is on all mars solicits.

Seems odd.

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...13022350005011
          Yeah that is odd. I thought this specific series anyway was 'authorised'

Just above the covers shows: "This product is not authorized by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc."

Could just be a copy/paste website mixup from a previous entry when they created the page.

Comment

Eh. Whoever's the webmaster for DE has been likely tagging those on WoM titles for so long that it's a reflex cut-and-paste hypertext thing.
            Doesn't really concern me in the least unless it actually appears in the printed comic. The printed comics I saw DID have a trademark attribution to ERB Inc., so until that disappears and is replaced by "Not Authorized", I'm not losing sleep. Maybe not even THEN, since I was fine with the unauthorized ones they published before. I don't think that affects whether Ron Marz is writing it and Abishek Malsuni is drawing it anyway, one way or the other. It would only concern me to the degree that it affects DE's future potential for releasing other trademarked and copyrighted ERB properties (none of which have yet been officially announced as forthcoming from DE anyway).

Namer said "I'm seeing a LOT of solicitations"... one is not a lot. The first thing I thought of was "How can there be a LOT, they're only publishing ONE title?"

Check this. Does the same "not authorized" appear on DE's webpages for issues 1 and 2 that already shipped, in which we can check for a TM credit?
            Last edited by pulphero; 01-05-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I've seen a copy of JOHN CARTER #3 (new this week), and the ERB trademark reference is still there, printed in the indicia.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post

Namer said "I'm seeing a LOT of solicitations"... one is not a lot. The first thing I thought of was "How can there be a LOT, they're only publishing ONE title?"

Check this. Does the same "not authorized" appear on DE's webpages for issues 1 and 2 that already shipped, in which we can check for a TM credit?
                I saw the regular title and the Dejah Thoris TPB (which I understand should actually say it). So artistic licence for use of the word 'Lot' - it was the point I was trying to make, not necessarily dotting of I's and crossing of T's.

Personally I don't care if they are approved or not - I was just high lighting the fact.

Comment

Working...
                X