• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Red Sonja

Another make over by a female team.

1. Put a lot more clothes on them.
    2. Start over from #1

Thanks but I'll pass. The character has been updated unnecessarily.

1. Female teams are fine.
    2. I am sure she will be unclad from time to time, or less clad.
    3. Starting over from #1 seems to be the standard trend now in comics, but it doesn't affect the quality of the stories.
    4. The new writer sounds excellent.
    5. I'll be buying it.

Comment

This is the same writer who did the Red Sonja/Jungle Girl 3 parter for Swords of Sorrow. That was pretty much forgettable. Nothing to excite me here.

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
      3. Starting over from #1 seems to be the standard trend now in comics, but it doesn't affect the quality of the stories.
      5. I'll be buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
        5. I'll be buying it.
        1. Like any team, it depends on if they are good writer's or not, gender is meaningless in this regard.
        2. Ol Red has had a number of outfits in her time, as said in other threads this new one looks a lot like her Eric Trautman era leather skirt and chain-mail shirt. Personally I'm a fan of her blue outfit from the 80's-90's.
        3. It's the standard, til the realize they have an anniversary issue like RS #100 or UXM #600.
        4. Her last series for Dynamite was pants, but I liked her A-Force.
        5. Me to.

Comment

Not sure if this worthy or a new thread, and think it might fall into the good news / bad news category.

F84 Games, Dynamite Entertainment, and Red Sonja, LLC have announced a new partnership that will see Red Sonja, the She-Devil with a Sword, brought to life as a playable character in a dedicated, action-packed, and narrative-driven game ready for release this upcoming winter 2016/2017.

The game will be based on the comic book published by Dynamite, with the series’ writer Gail Simone confirmed to spearhead the plotlines, characters, and world. Collaborating with F84 Games, Simone’s take on the fearless warrior of Hyrkania will present a continuation of her stories – putting fans straight into an interactive video game version of the Red Sonja comic books.

“There are two things I love in this world without question, and those things are video games and Red Sonja,” says Gail Simone. “Gaming is such a huge part of my life, it’s what I do for relaxation, socialization, and inspiration, and my game and console collection is a terrifying sight to behold. Mixing my favorite character, the She-Devil With A Sword, with my life-long love of games is a dream come true. We plan on making this a bloody, sexy, funny good time, full of brutal swordplay, cackling villains, and horrendous monsters, all seen through Sonja’s trademark wit. I cannot wait.”

Comment

Working...
          X