Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarzan & Sheena

G'day,

Tarzan is teaming up with Sheena in March.

Fortunately Tarzan is not wearing pants but why is he wearing bracelets? He looks more like Conan. Good to see Sheena is not overly dressed too.

Ralph

Click image for larger version

Name:	tarzan sheena.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	49678

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
    Fortunately Tarzan is not wearing pants but why is he wearing bracelets?
    I don't know... probably the same reason (whatever that is) that he had them in the previous DE series LORD OF THE JUNGLE and LORDS OF MARS (at least on the covers). Maybe it's a bit late to start wondering why.
    Maybe what we should be asking is if this is an ERB Inc. authorized adaptation of Tarzan. I'm going to guess "not"... because if it were I think they'd exploit the trademarked Tarzan logo.

Comment

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
      I don't know... probably the same reason (whatever that is) that he had them in the previous DE series LORD OF THE JUNGLE and LORDS OF MARS (at least on the covers). Maybe it's a bit late to start wondering why.
      Maybe what we should be asking is if this is an ERB Inc. authorized adaptation of Tarzan. I'm going to guess "not"... because if it were I think they'd exploit the trademarked Tarzan logo.
      Yeah they could've just called it Tarzan/Sheena, but by using his name so small on the cover means that they still don't have the full rights.
      Anyway it would still be at the top of my reading pile in March, 2016 is going to be a good year to be a Tarzan fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rasx View Post
        Yeah they could've just called it Tarzan/Sheena, but by using his name so small on the cover means that they still don't have the full rights.
        Anyway it would still be at the top of my reading pile in March, 2016 is going to be a good year to be a Tarzan fan.
        The last couple of years have been some of the best for fans of Tarzan of the comics. IDW reprinted the complete Russ Manning newspaper strip, Dark Horse is doing the complete Hal Foster Tarzan, and Titan Books is reprinting the Burne Hogarth Tarzan. Now if only we could get the rest of Manning's Gold Key Tarzan run from Dark Horse Archives, everything would be just dandy.

It's nice to see a new Sheena comic book, too. Pray for decent artwork.

Comment

The Alex Ross cover evokes the first and best Sheena actress Irish McCalla. Hope Alex paints more covers. The interior art is by the same artist who drew their first Tarzan series. I'll be buying all the variant covers. It is authorized by ERB. Looking forward to this series.
          Last edited by Comic2read; 12-14-2015, 01:38 AM.
          Comic2read

Comment

Can you give a link to the Alex Ross cover?

Comment

Here. Its gorgeous. I told my CBS to get me that one if possible.

ta

Ralph

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...13024591501011

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
              Can you give a link to the Alex Ross cover?

Comment

Originally posted by rasx View Post
                I would have thought if they didn't have the rights they couldn't have put his name on the cover at all.

Comment

Working...
                X