Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did people think of Lone Ranger/Green Hornet #1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did people think of Lone Ranger/Green Hornet #1?

I thought the first issue was pretty good, though it's too soon to say if Uslan will be able keep things entertaining enough or if it will just quickly become tiresome.

G'day,

Enjoyed it a lot. Glad I asked my comic book shop to put me down for it.
    Minor annoyance. 2016 political correctness in a book set in the 1930's. Elliot Ness would not have referred to African Americans as "people of color" the polite term of the time would be either Negro or colored. Also I doubt anyone at the time would have been too concerned about homosexuals. Another thing the anti Bund rally looked more like an anti Trump rally.

I don't want to make to much of it but too me the cultural reference of the time is the movies and books written during it. Anything like that just sticks out as unnecessary and annoying modernity.

Ralph

Comment

I know what you mean, Ralph. The heck with contemporary sensibilities, I want historical accuracy. I catch stuff like that all the time in stories set in the past, and it's annoying. Sometimes it's as simple as anachronistic dialogue, where characters are using colloquialisms or slang expressions which didn't come into use until decades later.

Comment

Yeah, and the disappointing thing is the Michael Uslan prides himself on his historical research so he is well aware it wasn't accurate. But for whatever reason he didn't do it.

Ralph

Originally posted by pulphero View Post
        I know what you mean, Ralph. The heck with contemporary sensibilities, I want historical accuracy. I catch stuff like that all the time in stories set in the past, and it's annoying. Sometimes it's as simple as anachronistic dialogue, where characters are using colloquialisms or slang expressions which didn't come into use until decades later.

Comment

it felt like the kind of comic we would have got if Now Comics had the Lone Ranger rights back in the day. it fits in well with the established characters and history. looking forward to issue 2.

Comment

At least they got to show that big portrait painting of a certain masked champion of justice (who otherwise remained nameless) hanging in the Reid family home in the NOW Comics.

Comment

Also NOW kept Dan Reid Jr. Alive all through Britt's tenure as the Green Hornet while Dynamite killed the elder Reid before Britt started his career as the Hornet (I'm listening to quite a few of the Green Hornet radio shows and currently Dan plays a big part in Britt's career as the Hornet after he's let in on the secret.

Comment

I always did like the later Radio episodes where Dan and Lenore were in on the secret. Radio spirits released a new set a month or so ago and ZI think there a few of the later episodes on it. I'll be picking it up in early December.
                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I enjoyed both the story and the art.

Comment

Working...
                  X