A female Green Hornet coming in 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A female Green Hornet coming in 2018

Looks like Dynamite will have a female Green Hornet in their next series.

GREEN HORNET VOL. 2 #1

Britt Reid Jr., the scion of the Daily Sentinel publishing empire, vanishes during a wild party on his friend's yacht. Meanwhile, crime spikes in the streets of Century City with the mysterious criminal/secret vigilante the Green Hornet absent. It's only a matter of time before SOMEONE puts two and two together, and it's up to Kato, former partner of Britt's father, and his daughter Mulan to protect the city AND the Green Hornet legacy, while finding out what happened to Britt. Amy Chu (Red Sonja, Poison Ivy, KISS) picks up where Kevin Smith left off with an action packed mystery.

Writer: Amy Chu
    Art: German Erramouspe
    Cover A: Mike Choi
    Cover B: Carli Ihde
    Cover C: Mike McKone
    Cover D: CP Wilson III
    Genre: Action
    ON SALE DATE: 3/7
    Price: $3.99
    http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...13026517301011

Is anybody else planning to try it when it comes out next month?

I admit I'm normally only picking up the 1930s/1940s versions (as well as sometimes the 60s version), but I do want to see what Amy Chu does with this one.

Comment

I'm not sure since this isn't a genre I follow. I like Amy's work on Red Sonja so I would trust her writing to be entertaining. I do like her Dejah Thoris but it's only the one issue out so far so it's early to say much about it. Dynamite sure is happy with Amy's results, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
        I'm not sure since this isn't a genre I follow. I like Amy's work on Red Sonja so I would trust her writing to be entertaining. I do like her Dejah Thoris but it's only the one issue out so far so it's early to say much about it. Dynamite sure is happy with Amy's results, it seems.
        Chu also wrote a six-issue Poison Ivy series for DC in 2016.

Comment

Still on track for being released on March 7th (a week from this coming Wednesday).

Comment

Picked up the First issue today. Very good. Mostly set up, but it looks like fun.
            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
              Picked up the First issue today. Very good. Mostly set up, but it looks like fun.
              Haven't had a chance to get to the comic book shop yet this month. March here in Connecticut has resulted in miserable weather! Lost power for about two days with the first nor'easter; then lost it again for about four days when the second nor'easter blew through! (And I think I heard that the town where I go to get my comics these days got hit with about a foot of snow from one of the storms.)
              Nor'easter #4 is today (but not suppose to really ramp up until later), so I'm hoping by the end of the month I can get there.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
                Haven't had a chance to get to the comic book shop yet this month. March here in Connecticut has resulted in miserable weather! Lost power for about two days with the first nor'easter; then lost it again for about four days when the second nor'easter blew through! (And I think I heard that the town where I go to get my comics these days got hit with about a foot of snow from one of the storms.)
                Nor'easter #4 is today (but not suppose to really ramp up until later), so I'm hoping by the end of the month I can get there.
                Yeah we got about 6 to 9 inches here in my region of PA.

I was going to wait and pick up the rest of the series when it hit the TP but I think I'll pick it up as a series
                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                  Finally got a copy in this past week, but I wasn't terribly impressed.

Not all that thrilled with the art, and the fact that there were all these wannabe-pseudo-cosplayers pretending to be "The Green Hornet" seemed a bit exaggerated.

Hoping once Mulan's actually in action as "The Green Hornet" the story will get better.

Comment

Working...
                  X