Lone Ranger Reading Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Ranger Reading Order

The only exposure I have had to the Lone Ranger is the 2013 Film and the two crossovers published by Dynamite (Zorro and Green Hornet). Obviously I prefer the Dynamite interpretation.

I was thinking of picking up the entire Dynamite Lone Ranger series but I wanted to know the reading order. Obviously volumes 1-8 should be read in order but what about the non numbered ones like Vindicated, Snake of Iron, and the Aforementioned Crossovers. Anyone that could offer up a good reading order would be appreciated.

Originally posted by BatHobbit View Post
    The only exposure I have had to the Lone Ranger is the 2013 Film and the two crossovers published by Dynamite (Zorro and Green Hornet). Obviously I prefer the Dynamite interpretation.

I was thinking of picking up the entire Dynamite Lone Ranger series but I wanted to know the reading order. Obviously volumes 1-8 should be read in order but what about the non numbered ones like Vindicated, Snake of Iron, and the Aforementioned Crossovers. Anyone that could offer up a good reading order would be appreciated.
    If you're talking about the trade paperbacks, you can just read them in the order they were published. Vindicated is the last to be published in the Lone Ranger's original setting and time period, and obviously in the LR/Green Hornet crossover John Reid is an old man in the late 1930s. Snake of Iron was a miniseries, so you can just read it in-between any of the other complete stories. The chronology of LR: The Death of Zorro is only important in that it's the last Zorro story (so if you're reading the Zorro series, it's the last one, chronologically speaking).

Here's an order that might work:

Lone Ranger Vols. 1-4
    Snake of Iron
    Death of Zorro*
    Lone Ranger Vols. 5-8
    Vindicated
    Lone Ranger/Green Hornet

*as a bonus I offer you the Dynamite Zorro chronology:
    Zorro Vols. 1-3
    Zorro: Matanzas
    Zorro Rides Again Vols. 1-2
    Django/Zorro
    Lone Ranger: The Death of Zorro
    Last edited by pulphero; 05-07-2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Yeah I have read all of the Zorro ones, 1-3, Rides again 1-2, Lady Zorro, Death of Zorro (and Matanzas though that is clearly a different Canon). I may re read them while waiting for the Lone Ranger stuff to be delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by BatHobbit View Post
        Yeah I have read all of the Zorro ones, 1-3, Rides again 1-2, Lady Zorro, Death of Zorro (and Matanzas though that is clearly a different Canon). I may re read them while waiting for the Lone Ranger stuff to be delivered.
        True, technically Matanzas belongs to the Topps Comics Zorro canon. Same writer, Don McGregor.

Comment

Working...
        X