The Shadow (Vol. 3) by Si Spurrier & Daniel HDR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shadow (Vol. 3) by Si Spurrier & Daniel HDR

Well, the first issue of the latest The Shadow series (by Si Spurrier & Daniel HDR) was released today.I looked it over, but decided not to buy it.
    One of the problems I had with it is that it's set in modern times (as opposed to back in the 20th century), and those stories with The Shadow don't always work for me. Also, it's hard to say how much of "The Shadow" we actually had in this story.
    Did anybody buy an issue (or at least read it in its entirety in the store)?
    What do other people think?

Originally posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, the first issue of the latest The Shadow series (by Si Spurrier & Daniel HDR) was released today.I looked it over, but decided not to buy it.
    One of the problems I had with it is that it's set in modern times (as opposed to back in the 20th century), and those stories with The Shadow don't always work for me. Also, it's hard to say how much of "The Shadow" we actually had in this story.
    Did anybody buy an issue (or at least read it in its entirety in the store)?
    What do other people think?
    To say "You didn't miss anything" would be an understatement. I'll say the same thing I say about DC's Batman/The Shadow crossover... it's like collecting a stamp or a trading card. If you can find a variant with cover art that you really like, then board & bag it and admire it. At least then you'll be able to say you got that enjoyment out of it.
    Last edited by positronic; 08-10-2017, 04:40 AM.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

G'day

Here's Diversity & Comics take on the book. He highly recommends the book but as he says its on the cliff edge of falling into the SJW sewer.

I read the issue and basically agree with him. I'll get the next issue but if its infected by Trump Derangement Syndrome I'll call it quits.

ta

Ralph

Last edited by ralphuniverse; 08-12-2017, 05:13 AM.

Comment

G'day,

Now here's a fellow who did NOT like the comic. Warning! Warning! Strong language. But he's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
          G'day

Here's Diversity & Comics take on the book. He highly recommends the book but as he says its on the cliff edge of falling into the SJW sewer.

I read the issue and basically agree with him. I'll get the next issue but if its infected by Trump Derangement Syndrome I'll call it quits.
          Well, did you get the next issue?
          Was it good enough for you to continue buying after that?

Comment

Is anybody reading the current run of The Shadow?

Comment

Does anybody know if issue #6 (currently due out January 24th) is the final issue for the Vol. 3 / "present day" run?

Comment

Working...
              X