No announcement yet.

Zorro comics MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved the issue. The idea to start with Zorro's history is just great.

Comment

• As good as if not better than The Lone Ranger.

Comment

• Just finished #1 and... I loved it; GREAT pulp stuff!!

Matt Wagner is an excellent storyteller, and Fracavilla's art compliments the story beautifully.

My only gripe: I would have liked to see some more scenes with Zorro in action.

Can't wait for the next ish!!

Comment

• Issue 1

Issue #1 was fabulous, and a great start to this new run. Wagner borrowed heavily from Johnston McCulley's original pulp novel version, which was a much darker character. Sgt. Gonzalez (not Garcia) was also more like the sadistic character in the original pulps. Also noticed Isabel Allende's influences, such as Diego's Indian mother. I think it's going to be a great series!

Comment

• There was another female character in that series - I don't recall her name - she was part of the Zorro vs Dracula mini, and I believe she became a vampire. What became of her?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin
              I don't speak spanish.

I wish I could watch it
              I believe it's available on DVD now with subtitles. The TV version also had English subtitles if you had the "Closed Caption 2" option on your TV.

Except for all the hot babes, I really didn't like it and stopped watching after a few weeks. There wasn't much action.

My wife loved it, however, and watched it all the way through.

Comment

• I finally got around to reading issue #1 today. Awesome! Great artwork and story. This is going to be a good book.

Comment

• Zorro #4 - Is that a moustache?

Wagner's cover for #4. I can't tell - did the moustache finally grow in? or is there just a shadow over his upper lip?

DECODER RING THEATRE
                  EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                  PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                  PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

• Hard to tell, but let's hope so!

Comment

• Z

I got the issue and was impressed. Enjoyed their approach to Zorro and like the background they gave him.

Great Work!

Comment

• Damn cool issue! Ill be here for the long run! The art got a bit of old-school Western art too!

Comment

• Zorro #5!!!

ZORRO #5
                          by Matt Wagner & Francesco Francavilla
                          Recovering from his wounds at the hands of Zorro, Gonzales and his men attempt to bring the rogue avenger to justice! Plus, the flashbacks continue by exploring Zorro's early adventures in Spain and the shocking events that force Diego and Bernando to return to America! Joining series cover artist Matt Wagner is artist Ryan Rook for a special series of alternate covers!

Hmm... Cassaday is off - and still no moustache in sight.

Comment

• Nope, that was not a moustache:

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...ead.php?t=1528

Comment

• Damn since when did he have more female looking eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by Antoon B
                                Damn since when did he have more female looking eyes
                                Those eyes are HUGE, man!

Comment

Working...
                                X