X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated with issues #4 through #10

Comment

• Zorro comic had incorrect Spanish

When Pasquale yells at the woman maid, he calls her a "stupid man" with the word "Estupido". For a woman the word would end in an a so it should be "estupida."
      Comic2read

Comment

• Zorro radio drama

I am attempting to put together 2 full cast Zorro radio dramas authorized by Zorro Productions. One a disney style full-cast drama and the other a concluding episode radio drama for the New World Zorro series that starred Duncan Regehr. If you could help spread the word it would be very much appreciated. This is very close to becoming a reality but Zorro fans your help is needed!

Also please vote on the poll for the Zorro radio drama at
        http://zorrolegend. blogspot. com/

Thanks for your help.

Daryl

Comment

• Zorro radio drama

Johnston McCulley's original title was The Curse of Capistrano but he never explained why Zorro was called that. Neither has any other writer, TV series, or movie.... until now. My hopefully new radio drama will explain why Zorro was called The Curse of Capistrano. Which is why...

I am attempting to put together 2 full cast Zorro radio dramas authorized by Zorro Productions. One a disney style full-cast drama and the other a concluding episode radio drama for the New World Zorro series that starred Duncan Regehr. If you could help spread the word it would be very much appreciated. This is very close to becoming a reality but Zorro fans your help is needed!

http://zorrolegend.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your help.

Daryl

Comment

• Zorro radio drama poll link

Please vote on the poll for the Zorro radio drama at

These results if they are enough will be given to ZPI.

Thanks for your help.

D. Mack

Comment

• A New Zorro Radio Drama - Need Your Help

Your vote at that website and your feed back are very important to the success of this project. If you know someone that has a Zorro website, another Zorro forum, blogsite, fan fiction site, or just other Zorro fans please pass this along to them.

Thanks for your help.

D. Mack

Comment

• Another update:

#1 : 19,195
                #2 : 13,784
                #3 : 13,126
                #4 : 12,353
                #5 : 11,314
                #6 : 10,943
                #7 : 9,949
                #8 : 9,561
                #9 : 9,028
                #10: 8,256
                #11: 7,821
                #12: 7,575
                #13: 7,416

Man things don't look good for this title, and this board is completely dead.
                I stopped reading Zorro after #9 or #10 it just wasn't clicking for me, and the set up for the next arc was not interesting.

Although I just happened across a pic of the cover to upcoming #15 and that got my interest enough to come check out the site again. It looks like the start of a new story arc (involving pirates?), I might just check that out.
                Hopefully sales pick up this character deserves better.
                Last edited by Guicho; 07-06-2009, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Hey is the Zorro: The Legend Through The Years site yours? Great site!
                  As far as a Zorro radio drama, it sounds interesting. Although I never watched the The New World Zorro, i'd definitely listen in.

Comment

• The Spanish in the book has been awful. Pretty much every time it's shown up he's got something wrong . One of the real turn offs of the book, makes it seem amateur like he couldn't care to find one single Spanish speaking person to proof read.
                    Last edited by Guicho; 07-06-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Zorro issue #15

Great cover, nice interiors and a fun little story!

Discuss!
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

• Zorro and the Pirate Raiders Radio Drama Released

My initial efforts to bring Zorro to the world of full-cast audio drama are now complete. This particular quest began almost 3 years ago. But now… It's official!

Zorro and the Pirate Raiders, the full-cast audio drama produced by Colonial Radio Theatre on the Air has been released. It is available for download at http://www.lulu.com/content/multimed...aiders/7548812. It has a running time of 163 minutes and is priced at $10.00.

A trailer of the show can be heard by going to http://www.colonial radio.com/ index.html
                        Just go into the blog and click on the new Zorro website link.

Show Description:
                        The Pirate Raiders, with the villainous Captain Bardoso in command, are employed by the vicious Captain Ramon to kidnap the daughter of a wealthy caballero, hoping to use her to trap Zorro. Battles on land and sea, flashing swords and booming cannon explode before your very ears in this exciting audio production. Based on the book by D.J. Arneson, as adapted from a story by Johnston McCulley.

Featuring:
                        KEVIN CIRONE as Don Diego de la Vega/Zorro
                        SHONNA McEACHERN as Senorita Lolita Polido
                        J. T. TURNER as Captain Ramone
                        HUGH METZLER as Captain Bardoso
                        SAM DONATO as Sgt. Garcia
                        JOSEPH ZAMPARELLI, JR. as Friar Felipe
                        DAN POWELL as Sanchez / Don Audre
                        JERRY ROBBINS as the narrator

The show will eventually be available on CD's and also on Audible.Com, but this is where CRT likes to launch new titles as special "sneak previews" before they are released on a larger scale.

But STAY TUNED ~ Coming soon to radio drama (from another production company) will be `The Mark of Zorro'. Though cast information for this production cannot be released at this time; It will feature a Hollywood cast.

Daryl

P.S. Also in the works for Zorro: A Disney style Zorro and a New World Zorro concluding episode both as full-cast audio dramas featuring a Hollywood cast.

Please check it out and let me know what you think. And if you know any Zorro fans please pass the news along to them.

Daryl

Comment

• Please rate the top 5 Zorro's of All-time

In your opinion which actors did the best job of portraying Zorro? Who were the best ever?

Provided below (in no particular order) is a list of actors and the Zorro TV series or Movie they starred in. Please list the names of the top 5 Zorro's of all-time.

Guy Williams - Disney Zorro (1957-1960)
                          Duncan Regehr - New World Zorro (1989-1993)
                          Alain Delon - Zorro (1975)
                          Anthony Hopkins - The Mask of Zorro (1998)
                          Henry Darrow - Zorro and Son (1983)
                          Frank Langell - The Mark of Zorro (1974)
                          Tyrone Power - The Mark of Zorro (1940)
                          Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. - The Mark of Zorro (1920)
                          George Hamilton - Zorro The gay Blade (1981)
                          Antonio Banderas - The Mask of Zorro / The Legend of Zorro (1998/2005)
                          Christian Meier - Zorro ~ La espada y la rosa [The sword and the rose] (2007)
                          Reed Hadley - Zorro's Fighting Legion (1939)

Comment

• My top 5 Zorro's all-time

1. Guy Williams - Disney Zorro
                            2. Duncan Regehr - New World Zorro
                            3. Tyrone Power - The Mark of Zorro (1940)
                            4. Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. - The Mark of Zorro (1920)
                            5. Antonio Banderas - The Mask of Zorro

Honorable Mention
                            Anthony Hopkins - The Mask of Zorro

Comment

• 1. Guy Williams
                              2. Antonio Banderas
                              3. Anthony Hopkins
                              4. Douglas Fairbanks Sr.
                              5. Clayton Moore (Ghost of Zorro)

Comment

• i have a copy of the two part pilot it seems good a 21rst century fox er zorro [excuse the inadvertant pun] rescues his DA father from a corrupt mayor wh had him kidnapped but he considers zorro to be a recklessly endangering himsel thrillseeker

Comment

Working...
                                X