Zorro comics MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whans it out?

I am looking forward to this. Any ideas when Issue 1 will be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman
      I am looking forward to this. Any ideas when Issue 1 will be released?

This will definitely be a case of "Watch This Space!". Given that the project has only just recently been announced, I would estimate that any forthcoming issue would be some months away. Stay tuned!

Tommy.
      Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Zorro/Additional Titles

I'm excited to see that DE will be publishing a Zorro title. Zorro is one of my favorite characters and look forward to this new take. I'll definitely be adding Zorro to my hold box. Maybe DE can add some other classic characters in the coming months/year like Tarzan, The Shadow, Green Hornet, The Phantom, The Rocketeer.

Comment

Moonstone has had The Phantom for awhile. Don't think they'll be losing it any time soon.

Between the two, Dynamite and Moonstone have brought out just about all of my unhealthy obsessions.

Comment

I never even heard of Moonstone till now. Did some checking and awesome. Maybe some crossovers with DE.

Comment

Zorro...here ya go

Just putting this out there....and wondering should I or shouldn't I ?

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bi...%20FC%20%23882

RANGER01
              Last edited by Ranger01; 06-09-2007, 05:28 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Zorro info?

Hey So what's happenin with Zorro, anyone know?

There've been rumors that Don McGregor might be writing for the book, but I think they're just rumors. Has anyone been chosen yet?

I expect that Dynamite will be starting Zorro from scratch -- will he be the Zorro we recognize? Wink and a Smile while totally pissin off the Alcade?

Will there be other Zorro trades/collections from other companies or incarnations? Such as future Zorros or the Telemundo series?

basically I guess my post can be summed up in one word:

WASSUP!?

Comment

No further info as yet. Stay tuned...

Tommy.
                  Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

okie doke!

thx T!

Comment

Meanwhile any chance of getting an official Zorro forum added to the list. Somewhere to post any more speculation, rumors, info and general discussion?
                      I’ve seen Zorro threads divided between here, the Lone Ranger and Misc. DE Comics forums.
                      We need an official Lair of the Fox!
                      Last edited by Guicho; 07-05-2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Man those photo covers were cheeezy! Got to love em though! Ironically it’s Dynamite reviving the trend with some of their Galactica covers.
                        I bet those Dell back issues would fetch even more today had they used actual Alex Toth cover art.
                        I think you can get the entire Toth, Disney Zorro run in one TPB if you’re looking just to read.
                        http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bi...8562046457%201
                        http://www.amazon.com/Zorro-Alex-Tot...3646221&sr=1-5
                        Last edited by Guicho; 07-05-2007, 11:36 AM.

Comment

So apparently Moonstone also has the Zorro publication rights, but for short stories?
                          How does that work?
                          http://www.moonstonebooks.com/zorro.asp

Anyone know if this artist Rubén Procopio is exclusive to Moonstone? Damn if he isn’t channeling Alex Toth.
                          Last edited by Guicho; 07-05-2007, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Ruben is not tied to Moonstone. He has his own really cool studio called Masked Avenger Studios. He did an awesome Lone Ranger statue a few years ago.

Comment

a ROCKETEER comic sounds good to me

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
                                I'm excited to see that DE will be publishing a Zorro title. Zorro is one of my favorite characters and look forward to this new take. I'll definitely be adding Zorro to my hold box. Maybe DE can add some other classic characters in the coming months/year like Tarzan, The Shadow, Green Hornet, The Phantom, The Rocketeer.
                                There is supposedly a new Green Hornet movie in the works. That would be a great title for DE to put out. Not to mention the Lone Ranger link.

Comment

Working...
                                X