Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetsRollKato View Post
    And, since positronic mentioned them:

MAN, I wish ANY of those ZORRO animated series had been better. The Filmation one is the best out of all of them.
    I liked the Filmation series. As for the others, the Mondo/Toho thing was anime, and looked pretty typical (low-budget) for that time. Generation Z was to my mind sort of along the lines of Phantom 2040, just a wrongheaded attempt to update the character and make him "cool" to a generation who have no idea who he is (that said, it's possible, as I think Batman Beyond proved, but not that easy - not that I think kids had no idea who Batman is - and BB was not the first "future Batman" ever seen). Never saw the other two, but I plan on checking out the in-production CGI-animated series (Zorro The Chronicles) if it ever makes it to air in the U.S. Screen shots looked not too bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zorrochroniclescaps1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	48758
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Just a little ZORRO doodle...

Click image for larger version

Name:	482274_10200608391189486_1595746596_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	48770

I miss him.

Comment

• Very nice. I wish I could draw.
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]649[/ATTACH]

I miss him.
          Doodle, he calls it. RRRRRRRRRR. I hate people like you (I mean that in the most complimentary way possible). Nice work, man.
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

• Or to put it another way... why oh why am I cursed with the ability to look at a drawing and recognize what makes it good, and yet have the inability to visualize that kind of stuff in my mind's eye and transfer that image to the nerve endings in my fingers? The only way I've ever been able to draw is to set down 1,000 lines and then erase all the wrong ones afterward. Very sloppy and time-consuming.

Comment

• nice work on the Zorro, looks good

Comment

• I, too, wish I could draw. Do you take commissions?

Comment

• Originally posted by positronic View Post
                  Or to put it another way... why oh why am I cursed with the ability to look at a drawing and recognize what makes it good, and yet have the inability to visualize that kind of stuff in my mind's eye and transfer that image to the nerve endings in my fingers? The only way I've ever been able to draw is to set down 1,000 lines and then erase all the wrong ones afterward. Very sloppy and time-consuming.
                  I can't even do that because mine are ALL wrong. Even if I have model to base myself on (like someone else's artwork, I mean. I'm no Greg Land )
                  Last edited by Captain Canuck; 04-18-2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Or to put it another way... why oh why am I cursed with the ability to look at a drawing and recognize what makes it good, and yet have the inability to visualize that kind of stuff in my mind's eye and transfer that image to the nerve endings in my fingers? The only way I've ever been able to draw is to set down 1,000 lines and then erase all the wrong ones afterward. Very sloppy and time-consuming.
                    That's why I do the microheroes thing. I can't draw and they let me give a visual to some opf the characters I've been creating for years. My freinds are even starting to ask me to creae some for their characters.
                    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Thanks, guys. That one's honestly just a ball-point pen/sharpie/white-out thing I did during work. It's small, like the size of a post-it note.

I drew a few little Zorros for a pitch I was thinking of submitting to Dynamite, but they have a "no unsolicited submissions" rule so that will probably never happen.

Comment

Thanks, guys. That one's honestly just a ball-point pen/sharpie/white-out thing I did during work. It's small, like the size of a post-it note.

I drew a few little Zorros for a pitch I was thinking of submitting to Dynamite, but they have a "no unsolicited submissions" rule so that will probably never happen.
                        Like hell. We're the Dynamos, baby. We MAKE stuff happen.

Actually, I can understand why Dynamite does that, but in this case what I would like to see if a contest of sorts for a fan to draw the COVER to a book would be a good idea. Many Dynamite covers are basically pin-ups anyway.

NickyB! Take that and run! This is your Captain speaking.
                        Last edited by Captain Canuck; 04-18-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• I wonder why Dynamite doesn't do the blank cover variant like DC and Marvel do (they seem to do every other kind of variant). Or did they, and I just missed it?

Comment

• That would be super-fun.

My pitch is a 12-issue series touching on every version or Zorro from all the media (excluding the GENERATION Z animated series). Movies, movie serials, comics. Don Diego, Don Q, Alejandro Murietta etc. etc.

Comment

That would be super-fun.

My pitch is a 12-issue series touching on every version or Zorro from all the media (excluding the GENERATION Z animated series). Movies, movie serials, comics. Don Diego, Don Q, Alejandro Murietta etc. etc.
                              My guesstimation would be there are a lot more than 12. But it depends on what you mean by 'version'. The Douglas Fairbanks version, the Tyrone Power version, the Guy Williams version? Or are you thinking more along the lines of distinct identities or descendants like in the Republic serials? What do you see as the main 12?

Comment

My guesstimation would be there are a lot more than 12. But it depends on what you mean by 'version'. The Douglas Fairbanks version, the Tyrone Power version, the Guy Williams version? Or are you thinking more along the lines of distinct identities or descendants like in the Republic serials? What do you see as the main 12?
                                Well, no...Don Diego is Don Diego. Fairbanks, Power, Hadley, Williams, Hopkins...It's all Don Diego.

There are ten Zorro's...

1. Don Diego De la Vega
                                2. Don Cesar De la vega (Don Q: Son of Zorro)
                                3. Alejandro Murrieta (Mask of Zorro/Legend of Zorro)
                                4. Jeff Stewart (Son of Zorro)
                                5. Joaquin Murrieta/Ken Mason (Ghost of Zorro)
                                6. Randolph Meredith (Zorro's Black Whip)
                                7. Barbara Meredith (Zorro's Black Whip)
                                8. James Vega (Zorro Rides Again)
                                9. Rafael Vega (MASKS depending, of course, on the outcome of the series)
                                10. Jackson Mason (original creation for this story)

Entitled ZORRO: LEGACY OF THE FOX, it focuses on Jack Mason discovering his familial connection to the Zorro legend (in a bit of a nod to The Phantom and other "legacy" heroes) and finding his true calling via tales of those who came before him.

Comment

Working...
                                X