Zorro comics MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zorro generation z

i have a copy of the zgz pilot it was a double disc feature dvd with the jungle book i donated the jungle book disc to the aspca thrift store and kept the GOOD dvd in its case

Comment

I always thought that Bernado was as Spanish as his employer. Where did this native american thing start?
      And a definate "Yes!" to a second volume- I've read the first and the art's better than what's in Toth's edition.

Comment

I always thought that Bernado was as Spanish as his employer. Where did this native american thing start?
        Bernardo was Native American (“Indian”) in the Original Curse of Capistrano, and in the subsequent Mark of Zorro by Fairbanks, Bernardo was played by Tote Du Crow.

I think Disney years later was the first to portray him as Spanish and Toth and Mcgregor followed suit at least in appearance, it made sense he had a Spanish name.
        Allende in Zorro a Novel made him Native American again like the original, more specifically from the Chumash people; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chumash_%28tribe%29
        The son of an Indian worker in the De La Vega household he was given a Spanish name and essentially grew up and raised as Diego’s brother.

Whether Wagner references any of this remains to be seen
        Last edited by Guicho; 09-09-2007, 03:56 PM.

Comment

ok. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Here’s the opening theme for it. http://www.bknstore.com/42_Zorro-Ret...he-Future.html
            Pretty horrible, although kids will probably love it.
            I and apparently other kids imagined pretty much the exact same concept as a kid, it’s kind of a logical next step for Zorro (if you’re a kid) with the laser sword, electric whip, motorcycle etc, but the execution here sadly looks just terrible.
            I bet they’ll sell a lot of those “Z’ shaped gadgets though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow
              I looked up about this show awhile back. I suppose it's an interesting idea but it borrows heavily from The Phantom by turning Zorro into a mantle that's passed down through from generations to generation.

All in all, I would rather see the company take the Zorro story and relocate into another time period all together rather than slap a veneer of Zorro over what is essentially The Phantom [and to be more specific, this Zorro cartoon's concept is highly remiscient of the 1993 cartoon series Phantom 2040 ]
              Well it depends what you consider Zorro canon, if your sticking strictly to the McCulley material its definitely about the one character (as far as I know). But there’s no denying the concept always lent itself to the “legacy” aspect throughout the movies and TV.
              The second Zorro movie was already the Son of Zorro, there was the Ghost of Zorro his Grandson, even a great-grandson Zorro in Rides Again and a female Zorro in the Black Whip and many others. Not to mention the most recent version with Banderas which explicitly has De La Vega(Hopkins) passing the mantle down to Alejandro Murieta(Banderas), who in turn will pass it down to his son.
              So the legacy thing is definitely part of Zorro.
              I agree its more explicitly part of who the Phantom character always was from the get go, there’s no denying it is what Zorro character has become though.
              This future version good or bad is really just an extension of that so I don’t fault them there.
              It’s the execution that looks not so good.

Personally I also prefer Zorro simply in his element and in his time....And with a mustache.
              Last edited by Guicho; 09-10-2007, 01:57 PM.

Comment

A sample of Wagner's Zorro

Newsarama posted an article including a sample of Matt Wagner's Zorro at: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=128878

BTW - when are we going to get a title and release date of the 1st serie/mini serie/whatever ???

Comment

Originally posted by zriza
                  BTW - when are we going to get a title and release date of the 1st serie/mini serie/whatever ???
                  At this stage, I haven't been made aware of any title other than "Zorro", and a release date remains TBA.

Tommy.
                  Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Not too impressed.....it lacked definition but I'm sure this is just some prelim work...I hope it is!

I cannot wait for the title to start publishing!

Ranger 01

Comment

Originally posted by zriza
                      Newsarama posted an article including a sample of Matt Wagner's Zorro at: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=128878

I love Wagner's work. I have this Zorro pic as my wallpaper right now

MikeM

Comment

Tales of Zorro

Just foumd this the other day, looks interesting and some "big name" authors,
                        Peter David, Bob Greenberger, Greg Cox may just make it worth buying...I've got it on order as a Christmas gift to myself!

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Zorro-J...92369041&sr=8-1

Ranger01
                        Last edited by Tommy; 10-14-2007, 09:37 PM. Reason: Edited to include missing link... :)

Comment

<Admin> Post edited to include missing link... </Admin>

You can edit your own posts using the "Edit" tab, found at the lower-right of each post that you make.

Tommy.

Comment

Thanks Tommy,

I was aware but call me crazy but I could not edit my original post so I decided to post the link...you'll see when you're my age things like this happen

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger01
                              Thanks Tommy,

I was aware but call me crazy but I could not edit my original post so I decided to post the link...you'll see when you're my age things like this happen

Peter

Heh heh heh! Yeh, it's all good - I figured it was just a momentary lapse.

Tommy.

Comment

the link is wrong the page doesn't exist acording to amazon.com

Comment

Working...
                                X