• Show
Clear All

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Zorro-Ja...083158&sr=8-16

Comment

Yup... workin' now. Thanks Peter!

Tommy.
      Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

No problem Mr T. thanks to your training and Linking for Dummies, I was able to provide this service...of course my shock at actually getting it done had me unable to comment and advise I had actually corrected the link...ahh well baby steps.

Peter

Comment

looks good to me i might try a copy

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger01
            No problem Mr T. thanks to your training and Linking for Dummies, I was able to provide this service...of course my shock at actually getting it done had me unable to comment and advise I had actually corrected the link...ahh well baby steps.

Peter

Tommy.

Comment

Tommy,

that's a good answer! No respect I get no respect

I don't know you except thru this forum but you are one friendly, funny guy.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger01
                Tommy,

that's a good answer! No respect I get no respect

I don't know you except thru this forum but you are one friendly, funny guy.

Peter

Heh heh heh! No worries Peter - thanks mate!

Tommy.

Comment

1950's Disney’s Origin of Tornado.

After deciding to take on the identity of Zorro Dieigo and Bernardo ride out to a hidden valley, he tells Bernardo “I brought you out to meet our third member, an ally.”
                  He whistles and Tornado just appears from behind a rock as if he’s been waiting there his whole life.
                  And apparently he has, Diego says an old shepherd has been keeping him, and that nobody not even his father would recognize the horse.
                  A little convenient, but there it is, the origin (or lack of origin) of Tornando by Disney.
                  The horse proceeds to do a few tricks Diego had taught him when he was a colt, and the legend is born.
                  Not much of an origin, but it is the one Disney gave him.
                  They were in fact the first to give the name Tornado to the horse, I’m not sure who actually did though. The teleplay is credited to Norman Foster (also the Director) and Bob Wehling, although I do believe McCulley was creative consultant during at least the beginning of the Disney series, so he may have had a hand in it.
                  Last edited by Guicho; 11-02-2007, 04:40 PM.

Comment

90's New World Int./Fammily Channel's Zorro TV series :

Diego and Felipe go out seeking a wild horse that no one has ever seen, who they can use in their new mission, they come across a wild black horse aggressively protecting a wounded foal. Diego risks getting trampled to help the small foal stand up, winning Tornado’s trust.
                    They then cut to a pretty contrived seen where Tornado is already broken and corralled and they come up with the name Tornado, but the idea is they saw him appear out of nowhere and move like the wind, so they named him Tornado.

Any others?
                    Last edited by Guicho; 11-02-2007, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Marvel's Zorro

http://en.marveldatabase.com/Category:Zorro_Vol_1

My local comic shop received dozens of old comics this week and lo and behold issues 1 and 2 of Marvel's Zorro, they even put them aside for me so I'll pick them up tonite....

I'm putting up a link to the cover art work on the Marvel database.

Looks decent, though I did not know Marvel had done a Zorro series.

Peter

Comment

• I actually used to have a couple of those Marvel issues (don't remember which ones). They're based on the New World Zorro series with Duncan Regher. As I remember it, they weren't too bad. I recall enjoying the ones I had.
                        DECODER RING THEATRE
                        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                        PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                        PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

• Zorro news updates…

From the podcasts with Joe Rybandt

9/25/07
                          They are finalizing Zorro for an early 08 release. (the count down begins!)
                          Matt Wagner (writer/cover artist/art director/Zorro fanatico) has turned in his eight issue overview of the series, yes eight! Which is great, for some reason I thought he was only doing six issues. (I can’t believe there is other stuff he wants to do besides Zorro .)
                          Wagner’s first cover is also in and colored by Dave Stewart, as well as his layouts for the next several covers.

To see some previous cover work by Wagner and Stewart check out- http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gal..._id=160&page=2

They’ve apparently zeroed in on an artist and two alternate cover artists for issue #1 Mike Mayhew who will continue to provide covers for the series, and another “big name?” which was not revealed but has a Dynamite connection, and is not Alex Ross.
                          (so what now Alex Ross is to good for Zorro? Where would all those golden age heroes he’s painting be without Zorro?! Maskless, Capeless and Superpowersless…oh wait, never mind.)

To see some of Mike Mayhew’s art and get a sence of what the alternat covers will look like go here- http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gal...php?cat_id=174

Any chance on Cassaday being the “big name” with the “Dynamite connection” doing the 2nd alt. cover?
                          Last edited by Guicho; 11-03-2007, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• 10/2/2007
                            They have an artist doing a couple of actual Zorro pages and awaiting approval by both Mat Wagner and Zorro Productions Inc. (I can’t believe they get a say on it and I’m not involved in the approval process, what are they thinking?!)
                            The script for issue # 1 was turned in last week. (feel free to submit it for my approval guys (I especially like the part about the mysterious circle, I approve!))

10/9/07
                            They are prepping Zorro for a February 08 release. (That means there will be at least one more Lone Ranger comic out before Zorro hits (ok maybe two )
                            Last edited by Guicho; 11-03-2007, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Where are you getting these updates?

Ranger01

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger01
                                Where are you getting these updates?
                                Posted at the start was -

Originally posted by Guicho
                                From the podcasts with Joe Rybandt
                                - so I'm assuming all subsequent news is being gleaned from the same source... I'm just going back to double-check the 2/10/07 podcast...

EDIT: Hmm... if it's there, I missed it. Guicho, could you do us a favour? If the 2/10/07 updates above are from the podcast, could you indicate at which point? Thanks mate!

Tommy.
                                Last edited by Tommy; 11-03-2007, 10:15 PM. Reason: Update... :)

Comment

Working...
                                X