Zorro comics MEGATHREAD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes they all come from the podcast.
    The 10/2/07 entry can be found at around 8:47 It is that weeks “tease of the week” announcement. Followed by Rybandt gushing about Wagner and then another unrelated tease about a new license they may or may not get which was a book and a movie and has a popular character (which really could be anything but I’m guessing Blade Runner for no reason )
    Last edited by Guicho; 11-04-2007, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Bingo - gottit. I don't see the time-counter when I access the podcast, but I remembered roughly where the "tease" fell-in. I can't believe I listened again to the whole thing twice through yesterday & completely missed it both times...

Tommy.
      Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

• Paul Renaud and Zorro???

It appears Paul Renaud could be working on Zorro although I’m not sure in what capacity?

On his forum Renaud posted this sketch.

Not bad!

Then he went on to say:
        “I will do a Zorro project soon. I can't be more specific about it now, but I'm glad to say it's gonna happen soon.
        I've been a fan of Zorro since I'm 8 when I saw The Mark of Zorro movie with Tyrone Power (amazing Don Diego!). Made a big impression on me. I watched the DVD recently and was amazed by how much of it I remembered accurately. I love the Disney series too of course. Used to watch the show every saturday evenings. What a blast!
        Oh and Isabel Allende Zorro novel is gold too. Loved the childhood part especially.

When I heard that Dynamite was going to do Zorro comics again, I asked Nick Barrucci if I could do a storyline and he said yes “
        And when pressed more about it he said-
        “Yes, I will do some Zorro, but I still can't say when for sure. We're still talking about the details.
        But I can tell you that Dynamite's Zorro will be a great book to read. I wish I would be able to start the new series, but I probably not (the schedule makes it impossible)...but let me tell you it's gonna be great. Matt Wagner knows what to do!

BTW, my Zorro sketch is not the official design for the new Zorro. It was just me having fun with the Toth/Yeates version. (can't show you the new official one yet... hush!)”
        So it looks like he could eventually be on an arc after Wagners’s run is done?
        What I found most interesting was what he said about his sketch not being the “official design” Apparently Wagner will be putting his own unique spin on the costume which will apparently drift a bit from the more traditional look we’ve seen in comics.
        This has me pretty exited!

I havn’t had a chance to read the whole thread but here’s the link if anyone wants to see if he reveals anything more.
        And here you can see his work and cover art for Dynamites Red Sonja-http://www.paulrenaud.com/

Still no clue as to who Wagner’s Zorro artist will be.
        Last edited by Guicho; 11-05-2007, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Ohhh yeh - I've seen Paul's outstanding work on the "Doom of The Gods" covers and I'm definitely a big fan! Paul's done great things with Sonja and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

As to what might be going on re: Zorro - that's not for me to say at this time.

Tommy.
          Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

• By the artist on the dailies Tom Yeates: Zorro

Absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonto
              I like the image looks familiar too
              Yeah! ...
              It’s missing the lightning though, which is ironic since I always thought Frank Miller’s (who introduced Zorro into Batman continuity) Dark Knight cover was an homage to Disney’s classic Zorro opening where the original capped crusader first shows up silhouetted by a lightning filled sky at the beginning of every episode.
              Last edited by Guicho; 11-06-2007, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Filmation’s Lone Ranger and Zorro!

Looks like it’s getting an early release date: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ta...r-Volume-1/8380

Box art...
                Last edited by Guicho; 11-06-2007, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• 11 Lone Ranger Episodes And 6 Zorro's Shouildtn' They Be 12 Episodes 6 Of Each?

Comment

• Well, since they plan to release all the Lone Ranger and Zorro episodes in two sets, there have to be more Lone Ranger episodes. The Lone Ranger has 28 episodes, while Zorro has only 13.
                    DECODER RING THEATRE
                    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

• i see i thought filmastions zorro lasted two seasons or was i thinking of the 90's animated zorro?

Comment

• I don't know about the 90s Zorro - I guess I missed that one. Filmation's Zorro was only one season. Lone Ranger was two. (Tarzan had four seasons with new episodes, for 36 total, but he only ran reruns when he was paired with the Lone Ranger and Zorro.) I have very fond memories of watching the Tarzan/Lone Ranger Adventure Hour (season 1) and the Tarzan/Lone Ranger/Zorro Adventure Hour (season 2). I'm looking forward to seeing if the episodes still hold up. Even if they don't for me, I have little kids who will probably love it just as much as I did. Now if we could just get someone to release the Tarzan episodes...
                        DECODER RING THEATRE
                        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                        PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                        PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMikeyD
                          I don't know about the 90s Zorro - I guess I missed that one. Filmation's Zorro was only one season. Lone Ranger was two. (Tarzan had four seasons with new episodes, for 36 total, but he only ran reruns when he was paired with the Lone Ranger and Zorro.) I have very fond memories of watching the Tarzan/Lone Ranger Adventure Hour (season 1) and the Tarzan/Lone Ranger/Zorro Adventure Hour (season 2). I'm looking forward to seeing if the episodes still hold up. Even if they don't for me, I have little kids who will probably love it just as much as I did. Now if we could just get someone to release the Tarzan episodes...
                          ah yes tarzan most likely its the bourough's estate ,which owns the tarzan character thats holding up the video release

Comment

• Francesco Francavilla artist on Zorro!

And OMG his art is just gorgeous! Invokes a fun yet gritty pulp style which is exactly what I would want Zorro to be.
                            Toth, Kubert Pratt? I don’t know the influence is there, definitely has an old school feel carved from black and whites, damn just freakin beautiful! Good call by art director Wagner! His style and some influences are obviously kindred, Zorro appears to be in brilliant hands.
                            Didn’t think it was possible but my anticipation for this series has just doubled.

His site if you’re not already familiar - http://www.francescofrancavilla.com/
                            Or checkout the Black Coat because OM freakin G!. (although I’m guessing he’ll play a little looser with Zorro as seen on his site)

It’s been too long since the character has been in such good hands.

Last edited by Guicho; 11-09-2007, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Incase you missed it the news everyone’s been anticipating
                              From the 110/06/07 podcast;…. the artist on Zorro is Francesco Francavilla.
                              I gave it it’s own thread ...Here! with some links and pics

Also re-confirms 8-issue run, covers by Wagner, variant’s by Maehue and the variant (variant) issue #1 is by Cassaday.
                              So I wasn’t that far off when I posted this mock Cassaday image a while back…
                              Last edited by Guicho; 11-09-2007, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Also see the blurb about Paul Renaud here , as he reveals a bit about the ... hush! ” “official” look of Zorro.

Comment

Working...
                                X