X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last episode was insane.

La Rosa.
    Oh and some guy named Zorro was in it too
    Last edited by Guicho; 03-22-2008, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Now THAT is some awesome comic art! That looks like a good character too - I might hafta see if I can track this one down...

Tommy.
      Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

• If you poke around his site you'll find some Zorro work as well. He was apparently doing a Zorro story called "The Talisman" just for fun. I saw it this morning, but I think my work computer is blocking access to it now. While it may or may be representative of what DE's Zorro will look like, you can at least get an idea of how well he will handle the character.
        DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
        PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
        PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMikeyD
          If you poke around his site you'll find some Zorro work as well. He was apparently doing a Zorro story called "The Talisman" just for fun. I saw it this morning, but I think my work computer is blocking access to it now. While it may or may be representative of what DE's Zorro will look like, you can at least get an idea of how well he will handle the character.
          You know I saw that too, a bit more stylized then what I posted above and what he's doing in the Black Coat, but beautiful none the less. When I wanted to post pictures and a link for people to see it here suddenly I couldn’t find it anymore, I don’t know if I got lost navigating his site or they just took it down

Comment

• You guys are in for a TREAT!!!!
            I've been following this guy for almost 2 years now and he's just so goddam AMAZING!!!!!!!!
            Check out his thread over at the drawingboard, he's got hundreds of beautiful sketches in there...
            http://www.drawingboard.org/viewtopi...381&start=2535
            Can't wait to buy this book!

Comment

• ZORRO #1!!!! - Check out the cover!

From December's Previews catalog:

ZORRO #1
              by Matt Wagner & Francesco Francavilla

Dynamite presents the return of yet another Legend as Matt Wagner unveils the all-new Zorro! Writer, Art Director and cover artist Matt Wagner is in command of this all-new "year one" Zorro comic series. Similar in tone and scope to Dynamite's acclaimed Lone Ranger series, Zorro features artist Francesco Francavilla who complements Wagner's pulp-action writing! Created in 1919 by pulp writer Johnston McCulley, Zorro made his first appearance in "The Curse of Capistrano," serialized in the pulp magazine All-Story Weekly. From there Zorro has been the star of countless films and has been noted by Bob Kane as a main influence on Batman - Bruce Wayne even went to see The Mark of Zorro the evening his parents were killed! - and recently featured in a best-selling novel by Isabel Allende! Joining Wagner - who also provides covers for the series (50%) - and Francavilla for the return of the legendary Zorro are cover artists Mike Mayhew and Dean White (25%) and Lone Ranger cover artist John Cassaday (25%)!

Dang! With those cover artists, I'll have to buy three copies of each issue!

My only question is: Where's the moustache??
              Last edited by Bjarne; 03-12-2008, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• Newsarama with a variant for Zorro #1.

I am so anxious....better than I imagined.

Peter

Comment

• Looks like the cover above is the Mayhew/White cover. From Newsarama, as Ranger01 said, this is Matt Wagner's cover for #1 -

DECODER RING THEATRE
                  EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

• I've been a fan of Francesco's art Since The Black Coat #1 came out.

He's also done Left on Mission for Boom! & Sorrow (written by Rick Remender) for Image.

I can't think of a more appropriate artist.

Comment

• Wow! I sure hope the content is on par with the covers. It's awesome!

Comment

• Nice! Anyone heard a possible release date on #1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bradtisme
                          Nice! Anyone heard a possible release date on #1?
                          #1 is supposed to be out sometime in February.
                          DECODER RING THEATRE
                          EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

• I like the Mayhew/White cover best so far.

Tommy.
                            Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

• Oh wow, that is absolutely gorgeous! Cannot wait for this series to start!

Comment

• Mike Mayhew was the artist on Topps' Zorro series. He is a FANTASTIC artist!! Let's hope DE hires him to do a Zorro onshot or mini-series!

Comment

Working...
                                X