Alex Ross & Jim Krueger at Dynamite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Ross & Jim Krueger at Dynamite

Dynamite just keep on rolling out the goods...

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=121364

When is this one going to kick off? It's going right on the pull-list with the Lone Ranger and Zorro!
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

To Marvel and DC.....object in mirror is closer than it appears.

That object is Dynamite Entertainment...

Wagner on Zorro...Ross on Superheroes, can you imagine the variant covers we'll see on these titles.

This is the most excited about comics I've been since I picked up Steranko's Nick Fury Agent of Shield....

Congrats to all at DE.

RANGER01
      Last edited by Ranger01; 07-18-2007, 03:09 PM. Reason: Upper Case missed!

Comment

This tease and image has to be guaranteed to excite any comic fan:

From the dawn of the 20th Century came a new chapter in mankind's history, unleashed during a time of great war and destruction.

It was the beginning of the Age of the SUPERPOWERS, yet with the closing of the Second World War, this new spark seemingly flickered and died.

Until now...

Now the story can be told of the great lost Superpowers -- men and women with incredible abilities who changed the course of mankind forever . . . and who had been thought lost . . .

Until now . . .

DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
        PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
        PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

WOW!

This could be one freaking cool series if done right

Can I order my SUPERPOWERS collected edition hardcover like NOW :-)

Maybe I should download those old time radio Green Lama episodes after all

Anybody wants to make a great Pulp crossover event next
          Last edited by Renaud; 07-21-2007, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Alex for the excitement:

I loved to hear that you... "have this weird bug where (you) want to illustrate almost anybody from the Golden Age of Comics."

Thanks for all the excitement you have brought our way in the past... and now ... in the future.
            This looks exciting.
            Good to see the Black Terror, Daredevil, and the Green Lama again.

I also want to thank Nick Barrucci for your part in this. I wish your line every success...
            and we hope for great art and great stories. To me, this is a shot in the arm that Comics need right now.
            Looking forward to seeing who you hire as writers and artists to keep this thing going.!!

As for the Avengers/Invaders books: Questions??

Will THE DESTROYER, THE original VISION, the ANGEL, and MISS AMERICA appear in the story line ..... with big parts.???
            I hope so!!
            .... I want to see Alex paint an "....attractive gloss skin to the former characters... of Marvel from the '40's."

thanks, again, you guys... for the prospect of a lot of fun ... in the future... coming from our past.
            Last edited by captainzero; 08-19-2007, 06:31 PM. Reason: addition:

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger01
              To Marvel and DC.....object in mirror is closer than it appears.

That object is Dynamite Entertainment...

Wagner on Zorro...Ross on Superheroes, can you imagine the variant covers we'll see on these titles.

This is the most excited about comics I've been since I picked up Steranko's Nick Fury Agent of Shield....

Congrats to all at DE.

RANGER01
              AMEN TO THAT

Comment

hey, where are these guys???

Hey,
                ?where are the CRIMEBUSTER and IRONJAW??? Seems as though these two have been forgotten by everybody???

Comment

Action Figures ...???

Hey,
                  I have to throw this out there.

Have you guys considered making Action Figures of these guys.???

Man, I hope so!!

The 'Devil, Black Terror, Green Lama, .... the whole bunch!!

And could I say.... would you check with Mattel and their sculpters (the Four Horsemen) to make some kind of deal with them.???
                  I think the Horsemen and Mattel are making THE greatest action figures ...right now.... and those are the guys you would want to be doing your heroes. (6" please, Alex!!)

It would be great to see these ol' GOLDEN AGE HEROES as action figures.!!

Wild beyound belief!! Hope you guys have given it a lot of thought. Thanks for the SUPERPOWERS LINE.!!!

Oh, and if you guys have ANY say about the other characters you're doing (The Avengers/Invaders)... which you probably don't have.....
                  It sure would be great to see:
                  The DESTROYER
                  THE original VISION
                  MISS AMERICA
                  and THE WHIZZER....
                  and the INVADERS....
                  as action figures .... as well. (Although Hasbro doesn't do a very good job of it. I wished you could have the 4Horsemen and Mattel do them!!)
                  Yea, I know... Hasbro or nothing.!!

Comment

this is a great idea

Comment

Sorry guys... I'm unaware of any plans currently afoot to produce such figures here. However, this is not necessarily to say that some other company is/may be making these, or that Dynamite may not be involved in such efforts at some future date... in other words, "never say never", I guess.

Tommy.
                      Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Originally posted by captainzero

Will THE DESTROYER, THE original VISION, the ANGEL, and MISS AMERICA appear in the story line ..... with big parts.???
                        I hope so!!
                        .... I want to see Alex paint an "....attractive gloss skin to the former characters... of Marvel from the '40's."

thanks, again, you guys... for the prospect of a lot of fun ... in the future... coming from our past.
                        i doubt it capainzero i'm afraid marvel ows those characters

Comment

I doubt it capainzero i'm afraid marvel ows those characters

yea, but Marvel also owns Captain America, and The Invaders. They are going to "team-up" with The Avengers. (?)...

But if Alex does that team-up... maybe that could stimulate re-newed interest in the Golden Age Heroes..... and MAYBE... MAYBE... some of those guys could again see the "Light" of Day. (Life in a comicbook story. ) and later,.... maybe as Action Figures.

Yep, Magnus,.....it's a loooooooooooooooong shot. But what else do I have.??? thanks, though.

Comment

Working...
                          X