Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A shame that Ross isn't doing art for the whole thing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A shame that Ross isn't doing art for the whole thing...

Initially, I was stunned to hear of the series and I will still definitely buy it, but I can't get enough of Alex Ross' amazing art. I wish he was doing the covers as well the interior art.

They've done well with the attractive teaser image, I agree, but I'll have to see about the actual writer and art and maybe some more about the story first.

And Image didn't waste any time annoucing a similar project!

At worst I think we'll all get a bit of an education about heroes from the old days few people remember now. (I enjoyed Marvel's Agents of Atlas series, so I'm hopeful something will come out of these too.)

Comment

I'm also excited about that Image announcement. I just love old characters - even ones I've never heard of. With these two announcements I've been doing alot of online research on these characters. I think Daredevil is the only one I was partially familiar with. I have been perusing a few of the Golden Age comic featuring these characters available online and now really want to check out Alan Moore's Terra Obscura series to see his take on some of these characters. With the Lone Ranger, Zorro, and Superpowers, Dynamite is becoming "the new home of classic heroes" (good advertising slogan, eh? ).
      DECODER RING THEATRE
      EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
      PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
      PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
        I'm also excited about that Image announcement. I just love old characters - even ones I've never heard of. With these two announcements I've been doing alot of online research on these characters. I think Daredevil is the only one I was partially familiar with. I have been perusing a few of the Golden Age comic featuring these characters available online and now really want to check out Alan Moore's Terra Obscura series to see his take on some of these characters. With the Lone Ranger, Zorro, and Superpowers, Dynamite is becoming "the new home of classic heroes" (good advertising slogan, eh? ).
        that WOULD be a good slogan nice work

Comment

Who's doing the art??

Originally posted by Hawkangel
          Initially, I was stunned to hear of the series and I will still definitely buy it, but I can't get enough of Alex Ross' amazing art. I wish he was doing the covers as well the interior art.

Hawk....
          Do you mean: I wished Ross was doing the interior art as well as the covers???

I do!! But since he's not.... I hope some really great artists come in and ... not only draw some very great stories.... but good writers come in .... to write some really great stories.

How "on-going" ... is this going to be??? Does anyone know??!!

Comment

Burnin' 'em up!!

Originally posted by captainzero
            Hawk....
            Do you mean: I wished Ross was doing the interior art as well as the covers???

I do!! But since he's not.... I hope some really great artists come in and ... not only draw some very great stories.... but good writers come in .... to write some really great stories.

Geeesh!! This thread is pretty slow. Nobody is posting.!!

Anything new with SUPERPOWERS!!

Comment

I don't at this stage, no. I'm guessing that over time this'll depend on how the first swag of issues are received, as with most other comics...

Anything new with SUPERPOWERS!!
              Nope, not from me at this time, sorry! Keep your ears to the ground with this one, as info can pop-up in all kindsa places! I'll make additional info available here as soon as I get it.

Tommy.
              Last edited by Tommy; 09-11-2007, 07:53 PM. Reason: Missed a question... :(
              Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Joe's weekly Podcast of 18/09/07 mentions Superpowers getting started around December (issue #0) and January (issue #1), with art for issues 1-6 currently being finalised.

Tommy.
                Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Tommy,

Something else I didn't know from the Podcast, how can I be surprised by Joe's Podcast if you give away all the secrets

Hehehe...

You have to be my first visit when I finally get down under!!!!

Peter
                  Last edited by Ranger01; 09-19-2007, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X