Ross' Fighting Yank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross' Fighting Yank?

Between the teaser image and the preview book we've seen Alex Ross' designs/redesigns for Daredevil (Devil), Black Terror, Green Lama, Miss Masque (Masquerade), Pyroman, The Face (Mr. Face), The Scarab, The Crusaders, The F Troop, The Owl, Samson, American Spirit, The Claw, The Flame and The Arrow. But The Fighting Yank has been mentioned several times as playing a fairly prominent role in the series. When will we get to see Ross' designs for that character?

PS - Anxiously awaiting #0 in December ! Seeing that the teaser image is being split into two covers, I might actually have to buy multiple covers of this one.
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
    The Fighting Yank
    Another trip to Google for me, I see. I don't know this character...

Tommy.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Everytime I come across an older comic book character I want to know more about, Don Markstein's Toonopedia is my first stop. I've stumbled across it a few years ago - it's a very informative site.

http://www.toonopedia.com/

Here's his page on the Fighting Yank: http://www.toonopedia.com/f_yank.htm

Comment

Comic Book Resources has a Jim Krueger Interview up that includes new Alex Ross art - including the Fighting Yank!

DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

nice artwork

Comment

The artwork itself is great. However I can't say I'm a fan of the "Minuteman" costume - appropriate to his monniker though it be...

Tommy.
            Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy

The artwork itself is great. However I can't say I'm a fan of the "Minuteman" costume - appropriate to his monniker though it be...

Tommy.
              I really like that outfit. I will indeed be disappointed if the Yank does, in fact, become the American Spirit. I much prefer this to the "living flag" look.
              DECODER RING THEATRE
              EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Working...
              X