Turner #1 Variant!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turner #1 Variant!

Michael Turner talks to CBR about his work on Superpowers variant covers. And here's his variant for #1:

DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Not impressed....I was expecting more from Turner. It looks simplistic, a poor cousin to Ross's cover for #1. Might keep me from spending money on this variant. I cringe just looking at the face...no I'm not impressed!

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger01
      Not impressed....I was expecting more from Turner. It looks simplistic, a poor cousin to Ross's cover for #1. Might keep me from spending money on this variant. I cringe just looking at the face...no I'm not impressed!

Peter
      I actually kind of like it. Agreed, it pales in comparison to Ross' cover. And since I'm generally a one-cover guy, I won't be picking it up either. Still, I like it okay. Reading the article it sounds like he had a much grander vision to begin with, but the powers-that-be requested this look.
      DECODER RING THEATRE
      EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
      PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
      PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Turner multi-character covers are my favorite...I went back for another look but I'm not won over....still the actual book in my hands may look better.

Hopefully the other variants will give me the fix I need.

Peter

Comment

Maybe The Varient Cover Of Vdeath Defyin' Devil Will Be Better

Comment

Working...
          X