Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know these characters are public domain but...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Renaud
    Back to the topic, I don't think one reprint from old classics from Dark Horse or other stuff elsewhere will hurt this Superpowers series at all, but more like they's going to be a free promotion more than anything else where all will benifit from
    I agree, it will not hurt Superpowers in any way. I think most comic fans seem to be looking forward to this more than any other Golden Age revival project coming up. I think overall it will be a good thing that helps everybody. The one thing AC Comics might have accomplished in putting out this series now, is to prevent anyone else from publishing a series titled Green Lama. Anyone else producing comics starring the Lama would have to come up with a different name, a'la the Captain Marvel/SHAZAM comics.

Hey, along those lines, maybe they could call it Ohm Mani Padme Hum. Then again, maybe not.
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
      I agree, it will not hurt Superpowers in any way. I think most comic fans seem to be looking forward to this more than any other Golden Age revival project coming up. I think overall it will be a good thing that helps everybody. The one thing AC Comics might have accomplished in putting out this series now, is to prevent anyone else from publishing a series titled Green Lama. Anyone else producing comics starring the Lama would have to come up with a different name, a'la the Captain Marvel/SHAZAM comics.

Hey, along those lines, maybe they could call it Ohm Mani Padme Hum. Then again, maybe not.
      They'll just have to be Superpowers' creative to come up with some solo Green Lama title; and personally I don't mind seeing different takes of the character, maybe someday even something close to what a modern day Green Lama movie would look like, with street smart hooded long dark green coat, with under a classy suit, and green cloves, something that would feel more like the old classic radio episodes

PS: A title like Superpowers already sounds like a cool movie franchise or a cool TV series

Double PS: Maybe Dynamite should do some complementary tie-ins to the Superpowers event, and secure some title rights before others do
      Last edited by Renaud; 11-26-2007, 11:54 PM.

Comment

I've already been to that Public Domain site where you can read the Golden Age comics in .cbr format. I'm going to print some of these off and get them bound into a hardcover book...

Comment

Working...
        X