Possible Scarab Movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Scarab Movie

Independent filmmaker Brett Kelley is looking to make a Scarab movie. Of course, he won't look like Alex Ross' Scarab, but it's still an interesting idea. I especially like the line saying that other Nedor characters (i.e. Black Terror, Fighting Yank, Miss Masque) may appear in the film.
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

that should be interesting

Comment

i wonder how GREEN LAMA the movie would do?

Comment

Movie??!!

That would be great to see these Golden Age heroes in a movie!!
        Last edited by captainzero; 12-30-2007, 12:50 AM. Reason: Deleting font message!!

Comment

Hi all
          Yes indeed the movie is happening. This is Brett Kelly, director of the film. Just wanted to pop by and say HI.
          I don't want to seem like i'm spamming the boards on my first visit so i'll leave you with a little bit of news
          Shooting begins this winter. We've started a blog for the production-also look to see several Nedor heroes in the film.

all the best
          Brett

Comment

What!!!! This news is huge! I so can't wait to see it, I hope it will bee the first of many

Comment

If anyone has any questions- I'll do my best to oblige without giving away too much of course

Comment

Since Brett is trying to be nice and not "spam" the board, I'll post the link for his Scarab movie blog for him.

www.thescarabmovie.blogspot.com/

(Hopefully that works. Blogspot is blocked from my work 'puter. I'll give it a look when I get home.)
                DECODER RING THEATRE
                EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

I checked it out. I like the costume design for the Scarab - it should work much better than the original design would in this day and age. It looks like Black Terror, Lady Satan, and the Woman in Red are some of the likely co-stars. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
                  DECODER RING THEATRE
                  EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Wow, very interesting. If it is made I wonder if it will bring new awarness to the PS line of comics, but I bet it will be completely different and have absalutly no connection to the DE universe, which kinda sucks.
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

You're right, it will have no connection to the Superpowers Universe. It is not a DE licensed film. The main character has not even been shown to exist in the SPU yet. It is an independent film based on Public Domain Characters - like someone doing a new film about Dracula. If the Project Superpowers film gets made (the one rumored for 2010), that one will be based on the DE versions (and probably have a much bigger budget). These guys are doing their own version and I wish them well.
                      DECODER RING THEATRE
                      EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Right you are Mikey
                        No connection whatsoever other than the PD source material. We certainly don't want to cause any confusion.
                        I've been reading the Dynamite books as a way to ensure that I avoid any similarities- I must say, the books are really good.

Comment

A question I had - Will this be set in the 1940s or in the present? From the costume design I'm betting on a more modern setting. Assuming that's the case, are you somehow moving the characters from the past, as DE, AC and now Image have done? Or are you giving them more recent origins, whether explicitly or implicitly?
                          DECODER RING THEATRE
                          EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Hya
                            We're setting it modern day with the pretense that these are completely contemporary characters- although our Woman In Red is a second-generation hero.

thanks for askin!

Comment

Cool. That's a new take on these old heroes I've been waiting for. Something different than a new version of suspended animation. Good luck with the film.
                              DECODER RING THEATRE
                              EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Working...
                              X