No announcement yet.

Possible Scarab Movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've cast the principal characters, a pic of Mark Courneyea (Prey for the Beast, The Bonesetter) who will be playing Peter Ward/The Scarab can be seen at the movie's blog page.

Question- what sort of things would the fans of PD characters like to see in the film?

Comment

Originally posted by brettk
      We've cast the principal characters, a pic of Mark Courneyea (Prey for the Beast, The Bonesetter) who will be playing Peter Ward/The Scarab can be seen at the movie's blog page.

Question- what sort of things would the fans of PD characters like to see in the film?
      Here's another question:
      The script, currently being developed, will likely include appearances from other familiar Nedor Comics characters and will go before cameras in the spring.
      Which other Nedor Comics Characters might we see make an appearance besides The Black Terror and Woman in Red??

Without tell us every one?? Maybe a couple... and a brief storyline?
      Sounds like a "fun" movie project. Best of luck!!

What would we like to see??:
      Action! Adventure!! Suspense!! Mystery!! Love angle!! and a few very baad villains getting busted in the mouth!!
      A good storyline... and strong characterization...and a good moral lesson in Good over Evil!!
      Last edited by captainzero; 12-10-2008, 02:02 AM.

Comment

"Which other Nedor Comics Characters might we see make an appearance besides The Black Terror and Woman in Red??"

I'm sure you smart folks can figure this out with the weak clues I'm about to give- but we'll have a General Carter, a military man who used to operate as a patriotic mystery man.

Also a martial arts expert named Bart who ends up in a costume by the end of the film- any guesses as to who these guys are?

The movie introduces us to Peter Ward, an archaeologist who is visited by his mentor Professor Joab, who believes he has discovered the real secret of the pyramids, Joab is being pursued by agents of The Sphinx, a villain with plans to use the power that created the pyramids (and which is capable of far more) for his own ends. Peter and the Sphinx race to reach the power source, a meteor fragment carved into the shape of a scarab beetle.

I guess that doesn't give too much away.

"What would we like to see??:
        Action! Adventure!! Suspense!! Mystery!! Love angle!! and a few very baad villains getting busted in the mouth!!
        A good storyline... and strong characterization...and a good moral lesson in Good over Evil!"

DONE!

Comment

Honestly, you hooked me with "Black Terror." Now, with the hint of seeing the Golden Age Daredevil (Bart) on film as well, WOW! Careful, you might be creating some pretty high expectations with this one...

Knowing that a lot of stuff you've worked on is in the horror genre, I will add that I would like to see this film be a PG or PG-13 type film that I could watch with my kids. I have introduced my 5 year old to these characters with Project Superpowers and now they are just as important in his eyes as Spider-Man and Superman. He claims Black Terror and 'Devil as his favorite super heroes, so it would be a shame if I couldn't watch this with him.
          Last edited by MadMikeyD; 12-10-2008, 03:26 PM.
          DECODER RING THEATRE
          EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
          PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
          PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Hey Hey! This is Trev. I am the co-writer of the Scarab movie and I can honestly say that this will be a film you can watch with your kids. I have two myself and can't wait to sit down and watch the film with them. Keep the Questions and comments coming and we'll post news as it happens.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by tpayer
              Hey Hey! This is Trev. I am the co-writer of the Scarab movie and I can honestly say that this will be a film you can watch with your kids. I have two myself and can't wait to sit down and watch the film with them. Keep the Questions and comments coming and we'll post news as it happens.

Trev
              This is all very exciting!!! When insee this film I will view it as kind of a PS "What if" movie....
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

First sneak peek at Lady Satan at http://thescarabmovie.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

Comment

Sorry Brett, a little too Grade B looking teaser photo, this actress had better act better than her attempt to look nasty...

Was this person not someone who got the boot from our own Canadian judges on Canadian Idol and gave some non-sensical reply to being kicked off the show?

Well she has my family name but this one teaser does not impress.

Sorry!

Peter

Comment

Eeww, she looked pretty rough, not unlike a heroin addicted street walker. But if the movie is good and the plots played well the I don't care.
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Comment

I have to agree with Ranger01. Lady Satan doesn't look appealing and gives me the impression that this is going to be the typical "direct-to-video" production where the attempt to look "cool" ends-up looking "cheesy".

Why is the character being redesigned anyway? What was wrong with the original look of Lady Satan (red dress, hooded cloak, mask)? Why use Lady Satan (a Chesler/Dynamic hero) at all and not Lady Serpent (Black Terror's nemesis)?

Comment

First peek at the Scarab mask at the blog. Enjoy!

Comment

It kind of looks like Batman's mast but without the pointed ears. I am looking foward to this movie just for the fact that it has characters that I love in it, but it does look very low budget and it looks as if it will end up straight to DVD, but I will still see the film reguardless.
                          Dynamite Entertainment
                          Forum Administrator

Comment

Just so no one is mislead or confused- the film IS going to DVD. Most films that are made are never intended for theatrical release- and this is one of them. It IS also a low-budget film. Don't be confused for a second to believe that this is costing anywhere near 200 million dollars. It will not be as big as Dark Knight or Iron Man and was never intended to be. it will just be a fun, action superhero film made by independents.

Comment

Just so no one is mislead or confused- the film IS going to DVD. Most films that are made are never intended for theatrical release- and this is one of them. It IS also a low-budget film. Don't be confused for a second to believe that this is costing anywhere near 200 million dollars. It will not be as big as Dark Knight or Iron Man and was never intended to be. it will just be a fun, action superhero film made by independents.
                              Well, then when I watch it I will be sure to keep that in mind. I hope it is a fun film and I look foward to seeing some of my favorite heroes on my big screen TV!
                              Dynamite Entertainment
                              Forum Administrator

Comment

Just posted some pix of the WOMAN IN RED kicking some butt at the blog. Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X