Name Change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Change?

So when did this become "Project Superpowers", and does this anything to do with it being delayed?

i think the name was changed because the phrase "superpowers" is a jointly owned trademark of DC comics and marvel comics dynamite had to add the word project to the title so as to avoid trademark infringement charges
    that said i like the new name

Comment

Actually, it's the term "Super Heroes" that is a jointly owned DC/Marvel trademark. I believe "Super Powers" used to be a DC trademark, since they had a TV show, action figures, and comics all under that banner. But they stopped using it sometime in the 1980s. Maybe they were told they couldn't trademark "Superpowers" alone, as it is now generally used by the media to describe the US/Russia. Maybe adding the "Project" part made it trademarkable.
      Last edited by MadMikeyD; 01-10-2008, 10:06 AM.
      DECODER RING THEATRE
      EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
      PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
      PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

thanks mmd i stand corrected

Comment

If the series is renamed "Project Superpower", it's all fine, in fact it still sounds cool, maybe even better, but shouldn't the full title name be the first thing up on the front cover of each issues, instead of this big "S"; like the title change won't be confusing enough for some not keeping up with the news...

Still I upgrades my banner :~)
          Last edited by Renaud; 01-12-2008, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Personally I would just use the old title text design SUPERPOWERS on the covers in big letters, and the word PROJECT half size above, centered or off to the left. But just the reverse Zorro "S" ain't such a good idea, it leaves the top of covers too empty

PS: Not changing my animated banner again
            Last edited by Renaud; 01-12-2008, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X