• Show
Clear All

• First Review of #0 @ Newsarama

Best Shots Reviews #0!
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Good review, if I was interested before I am more so now.

Very telling was that comment about Superpowers being due to ship before The TWELVE ....seems this constant late schedule that DE has in place is now an issue as far as other companies jumping the Q with similar titles.

I hope this is addressed in 2008, but so far I don't see anything that tells me a change is coming!

Anyway I'll pick up my copies of S today...and give my 2 cents tomorrow.

Peter

Comment

WOW!

I just finished reading it and

ME LIKE VERY VERY VERY MUCH!

Nice Job

Comment

Very good!

I'm not a fan of superhero comics, but decided to pick this one up since it was reviving golden age superheroes and was pleasantly surprised. Great job to everyone involved!

Comment

I thought it was great! I'm a huge fan of these heroes, and the Project Superpowers team obviously is, too. Should be a fun ride!

Here's some original stories featuring many of these characters, if anyone is interested:

Pure Excitement Comics!

Comment

Just finished reading #0, and I thought it was excellent. It seemed like a neat twist on bringing Golden Age heroes into the modern era, instead of the same old 'frozen' (naturally or scientifically) explaination. Now I have to find out who all those heroes are...
            DECODER RING THEATRE
            EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
              Just finished reading #0, and I thought it was excellent. It seemed like a neat twist on bringing Golden Age heroes into the modern era, instead of the same old 'frozen' (naturally or scientifically) explaination. Now I have to find out who all those heroes are...
              I love the way they are heading to bringing back those characters; this is one clever twist

GREEN LAMA IS MY MAN!

but this Fighting Yank, I didn't expect his part to be so good too, this series is just my all comics #1 favorite right now; can I order my hardcover like now, and this stuff is worth oversize hardcover deluxe edition if you ask moi

And that original Daredevil is SOOOO DARN COOL

For me, This will probably be the all-comics biggest event of the year, great series so far
              Last edited by Renaud; 02-02-2008, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Great start

I thought it was great.

I loved the different personalities they're giving the heros, setting up for future disagreements and problems. I'm not sure I like making Fighting Yank the 'bad guy' but it looks like it's leading to major character development.

All told a great start that leaves us wanting more.
                my only complaint is that they needed to have a guide to who all the heros are, ecspecially on the double page spread. I recognize most of them but . . . ?

I like the fact that they et us see heroes they probably aren't going to use, like Silver Streak, Cat & Kitten and is the Blue Beetle or they're version of Scarab.

Now all we can do is wait.
                Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2
                  my only complaint is that they needed to have a guide to who all the heros are, ecspecially on the double page spread. I recognize most of them but . . . ?

I like the fact that they et us see heroes they probably aren't going to use, like Silver Streak, Cat & Kitten and is the Blue Beetle or they're version of Scarab.
                  I'm trying to compile my own. I think I need to figure out about 16 more out of 56 characters (that's what I counted). I bought extra copies of #0 to send friends who aren't going to know any of these guys.

They could use those guys down the road, you never know. And I think that's the original Blue Beetle (Officer Dan Garrett).
                  DECODER RING THEATRE
                  EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2
                    my only complaint is that they needed to have a guide to who all the heros are
                    I would hope that Dynamite would have a deluxe hardcover collected edition, high thick quality paper and all, possibly medium oversize like Marvel, with a healthy section of bonus pages at the end of the volume with pinup art and a full bio of each of the most important characters separately, with their original names, and first appearance titles, with original issue numbers, month, year, possibly original publishers, and maybe even an early piece of art from the golden age era, name of original creators, and even interviews with them or their comments if still possible, along with introductions from present creative team members, alternative test designs, sketches... One can always dream right : - )
                    Last edited by Renaud; 02-03-2008, 01:46 AM.

Comment

i look forward to reading this book it sounds like dynamite has pardon the expression lit the fuse on a new breed of hero

Comment

Just one word of advice to Dynamite Entertainment

NOT every reviews critics and feedback on your series posted all over different boards are necessarily genuine, innocently, or true, your competitors will try to bash and mislead you in the wrong direction any chance they get, no matter how good you are; so don't believe or pay too much attention on everything you hear

No need to insist on explaining why a hundred different characters don't get individual character development through the bone right away in just one first issues #0; that argument is just borderline trolling stupid anyway, and in my book that first release is a perfect 10 out of 10.
                        Last edited by Renaud; 02-06-2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Renaud
                          Just one word of advice to Dynamite Entertainment

NOT every reviews critics and feedback on your series posted all over different boards are necessarily genuine, innocently, or true, your competitors will try to bash and mislead you in the wrong direction any chance they get, no matter how good you are; so don't believe or pay too much attention on everything you hear

No need to insist on explaining why a hundred different characters don't get individual character development through the bone right away in just one first issues #0; that argument is just borderline trolling stupid anyway, and in my book that first release is a perfect 10 out of 10.

Many thanks Paul - duly forwarded!

Tommy.
                          Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

damn

I saw the comic on the stand and although I did not really care for the premise (I am not fond of the Silver Age and all those old characters) I took a sneakpeek and DAMN

I loved it!!

Went home with both covers and read it thoroughly and DAMN I loved it!!

Comment

Working...
                            X