Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Project: Superpowers Figures

Hey all,
    Just thought I'd share the first wave of Superpowers figures I made. I'd done them earlier this year for a online gathering called CustomCon.

Full descriptions and all can be seen here:
    http://www.toymania.com/customcorner...erpowers.shtml

But I'll show the individual pictures here:

The Arrow

Black Terror

Blue Beetle (Scarab)

DareDevil (Death Defying Devil)

Pyroman

Thanks for lookin and hope you enjoy.

JM

Those are absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Those are absolutely awesome! You did great work! I really like the Black Terror, he looks fantastic!

Comment

Way too long points on this Daredevil, I would rather have small ones

Comment

I don't like those sholder pads

and the face should be more like this

Comment

And No Green Lama?

Comment

Great customs!!

Really nice job!! Good going!!

I wonder if the DCUC Aquaman could be transformed into "Big Blue"(The Original Blue Beetle)!!

Aquaman's scales could make BB's costume look pretty good. Not sure about what to do for the "hood".... and lower part of the costume???

You did a great job on the characters. Thanks for sharing.!!

Comment

Renaud
                Glad you liked the figures....yeah, its great to get critiques on the only set of Superpowers figures to be shown thus far....I was crossing them between the GA appearances and the current ones and the ones from Tom Strong/Terra Obscura. Do better then!
                ------

And now thank you all who commented on these figures I'm working on a few more including Green Lama, Fighting Yank and one or two more.

The hood on the arrow was sculpted with the shoulder part coming from a mask of Tengu Bruce Wayne and the 'skirt part' was from a New Frontier Green Arrow.

Thanks again. I really enjoyed making these.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaxwell522
                  Hey all,
                  Just thought I'd share the first wave of Superpowers figures I made. I'd done them earlier this year for a online gathering called CustomCon.

Full descriptions and all can be seen here:
                  http://www.toymania.com/customcorner...erpowers.shtml

But I'll show the individual pictures here:

The Arrow

Black Terror

Blue Beetle (Scarab)

DareDevil (Death Defying Devil)

Pyroman

Thanks for lookin and hope you enjoy.

JM
                  A+ HEROIC ART THERE

Comment

I certainly enjoyed them, JM. Thanks.

I hope these are the "fore-runners" of a whole great line-up of SuperPowers Heroes... that will be in our sweaty little action figure collector hands soon.

Christmas of '09 seem pretty far away. But better than never getting them.

I would love to see these heroes in a great sculpted, well-articulated action figures line.
                    There's a lot of time ... in the way.!!

Some of the ones you did, were of my favorite heroes. Especially:

Big Blue(the original Blue Beetle.)
                    (Dare)'Devil (3D)
                    and The Black Terror!!
                    Thanks, again, JM.
                    Last edited by captainzero; 08-03-2008, 08:24 PM.

Comment

It would be cool if someday we had real Project Superpowers action figures. I am a big collector of Pirates of the Caribbean, TNA wrestling and Lord of the rings figures and have a large collection all mint on Card (moc). I used to have a massive star wars action collection all moc as well.
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Star Wars to Super Powers!!

What happened to the Star Wars collection, comix???

Yeah, -- I sure would like to see these guys in action figure form, too!!

I could hardly wait to see them. 6" Fully articulated, well-sculpted action figures of All the heroes and villains in this line would be really great.!!

Comment

Well, times got tough after a layoff and with a baby on the way we needed the money. I was sad to see it all go, I spent years building that collection.

I would like to see an ongoing figure line for Project Superpowers, maybe with some figs based on vintage looks and modern looks.
                          Dynamite Entertainment
                          Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Things lost in the past....

Originally posted by comixfan1980
                            Well, times got tough after a layoff and with a baby on the way we needed the money. I was sad to see it all go, I spent years building that collection.

I would like to see an ongoing figure line for Project Superpowers, maybe with some figs based on vintage looks and modern looks.
                            Please accept my condolences on the loss of that collection. I'm sorry.

Geeesh. Sometimes it's like a person looses something valuable when you have to part with that stuff, isn't it.

My mother, bless her little heart, ... threw my collection of action figures away one day while cleaning. I had gone into the service or something... and she figured I didn't want the stuff anymore. (Years and years ago... so I'm over it now.) Thank goodness she didn't throw my comic collection.
                            So, I can relate, ok.

Yes, I sure would like to have a collection of the Project SuperPowers figures... myself.

Comment

Action figure nirvana!

I would really like a Black Terror and Tim.

(Dare)'Devil... and a Collect and connect and "regular size" THE CLAW.!!

Masquerade, Hydro, Pyroman, The Flame, Green Lama... and the whole bunch.!!
                              Man, what a wonderful collection that would be... especially if the figures are well sculpted and articulated.

Hope it all happens. Hope no wars cut off the oil that helps make the plastic... and I hope none of the other stuff that I worry about could get in the way. Oh, boy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X