• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The P:SP "Big Team" thread

Glens46golden
    Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2008

Dynamite League of America
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very anxious to see if Dynamite will introduce a group comic. These always seem successful and sell very well. Dynamite's problem is that they have such a large selection to pick from and I'm sure lots of fan will be angry that their favorite don't make the team. A group comic doesn't work to well with more than seven or eight members at a time. Once 'Devil gets his voice back, I would like to see him as the leader. Dynamite has 'Devil and Black Terror..two of the all time greatest costumes..these two along with Batman and Captain America were the best designs of the 1940's, in my opinion. I'd like to know who readers think should be on the team.

Sorry to do it to ya, Glens--
    but it's a great question.

Who would we like to see on THE TEAM???
    Glen's right. There is a large selection to pick from... and it would be best if we limited the Team to no more than seven or eight members.

Just for fun... who would YOU like to see on THE DYNAMITE/SUPERPOWERS LEAGUE Team!!

I'll go first:

1) The 'Devil
    2) Black Terror
    3) Masquerade
    4) The Arrow
    5) V-Man
    6) Mr. Face
    7) Pyro-Man
    and
    8) "Big Blue"(Blue Beetle)(original costume)

And I can see we need another team.
    A team that is not as prestigious as the First Team... but a good team, nevertheless. One that does not get the same kind of adoration as the First Team either in the public eye ... or that the fans just accept as a "second-string" kind of team. (example: The Justice Society of America... compared to the Seven Soldiers of Victory.)

Every once in a while the teams get together... they are all friends... but generally stay in their own "spheres of influence." (Secretly, most SP heroes would like to be on the first-string team which is highly respected ...but few Heroes ever become a member of the "First-String" team.)
    There is NOT a lot of competition between the teams... but there is mutual respect. If the threat is too great for just one team... it's not beyond them to get the other team for back-up.

(Annuals which entail longer stories can bring the teams together...so we fans can see team-ups not usually seen. These stories can be longer than 50 pages!! Filled with all kinds of fun and informative things like Annuals used to be like in the '60's!! ) What is the meaning of palaver???

What say you??
    Who would you want on The "First-string" team---
    and who would you want on the "Second-String" team??
    Last edited by captainzero; 07-13-2008, 05:48 PM.

Ii'd say BRING IT ON

Comment

Membership of two... teams!!

ok,
      "First-string"... The Dynamite League of America:

"Second-string"... The Crimebusters' Alliance:

Just for fun, maybe why you made the choice!!
      Please keep the memberships to 7 or 8 members!!

Comment

A Team Book

Isn't Project Superpowers a team book? They just haven't set the team yet.
        As I commented in another thread, I'd like to see them do something similar to JSA Classified. In essence it's a series of one shots or mini series under the same title. It makes it easier to reserve at my comic shop because I don't have to constently sign up for new titles. They'll let me skip an issue or two but I don't miss any.
        I'd like to see:
        Samson
        The Flame & Flame Girl
        Target & The Targeteers
        Hydro
        Pyroman
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Team book

Hello Ghornetz, I don't think of Superpowers as a team book. It is a book that has introduced about 50 new/old heroes. I like Captainzero's selection but he is lacking even one character that can fly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pryoman is not capable of flying, is he?

Comment

Depends on how you look at it!

Originally posted by Glens46golden
            Hello Ghornetz, I don't think of Superpowers as a team book. It is a book that has introduced about 50 new/old heroes. I like Captainzero's selection but he is lacking even one character that can fly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pryoman is not capable of flying, is he?
            I have a feeling that Superpowers is going to involve into a team book. That or a Brave & the Bold/Marvel Team-Up type book featuring team ups of different heroes.

I think any 'major' comic book universe needs a couple of team books, a team up book as well as ungoing books for the key heroes. Of course that leads to the argument about who the key heroes are.

Almost forgot, I Pyroman can fly using the magnetic energy of the earth, much like Magneto
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

Second Team reasoning

Yep, he can fly.

but the rest of the team.... not so much.

I hope there's a good way to get them around.
              Reed's Fantasti-car was good.
              The Mighty Crusaders train-like vehicle ... not so good.
              The Avengers had a Quin-jet or something... didn't they??

My second team: (not that we're still playing)

1) Silver Streak... speedster
              2) Hydro.... water
              3) The Flame.... fire
              4) Black Venus.... female
              5) The Super-American... super-guy ..patriot,
              6) Skyman.... plane
              7) Lash Lightning
              and
              8) Lightning Girl (nice couple)

Comment

Originally posted by captainzero
                Yep, he can fly.

but the rest of the team.... not so much.

I hope there's a good way to get them around.
                Reed's Fantasti-car was good.
                The Mighty Crusaders train-like vehicle ... not so good.
                The Avengers had a Quin-jet or something... didn't they??

My second team: (not that we're still playing)

1) Silver Streak... speedster
                2) Hydro.... water
                3) The Flame.... fire
                4) Black Venus.... female
                5) The Super-American... super-guy ..patriot,
                6) Skyman.... plane
                7) Lash Lightning
                and
                8) Lightning Girl (nice couple)
                I Like your teams but I think that Daredevil and Terror are to strong to be on the same team. I'd give Terror a grittier team maybe starting with Masquerade if they go with the edge I expect them to. She'd probably bring V Man with her (Do you blame him?)

Comment

Nope, ... I'm with you. I'd go with her... if I had the chance.(Sometimes it's hard not being a costume superhero.)

You might be right about 'Devil and Black Terror not being on the same team because they are "too strong".
                  I kindof like the fact that two strong Characters like them(they?)--- would be on the same team.

If 'Devil were on another team... I hope he renews he's friendship with the Silver Streak... since they once teamed up to fight Hitler and the Nazis.

And if Black Terror was on the other ... I would hope some of the Nedor Heroes would be with him:
                  Black Terror, Masquerade, The Grim Reaper, Pyroman, The Woman in Red, The American Eagle, The Liberator, (no friends like old friends.)
                  ...And....Doc Strange and Princess Pantha (wonder what's happened to those two.!??)

How does that sound for a team.?? The Nedor heroes return to team up together ... in the 21st Century.
                  Last edited by captainzero; 07-16-2008, 10:14 PM. Reason: More team structuring.

Comment

Grit...

Originally posted by Ghornet2
                    I Like your teams but I think that Daredevil and Terror are to strong to be on the same team. I'd give Terror a grittier team maybe starting with Masquerade if they go with the edge I expect them to. She'd probably bring V Man with her (Do you blame him?)
                    Who would be on your "grittier" team??

The Black Terror,
                    Masquerade
                    V-Man

??????? Who would be grittier? Mister Face?? Whoelse??

Comment

Grittier Team

Mr. Face sound good, but I'm not sure who else. I don't know enough about the characters. Grim Reaper sound like he'd have the right edge, but that's just a guess. Possible The Flame depending on the out come with Linda
                      We probably need at least one flying character. Any ideas??

Comment

I like your choice of Grim Reaper.!! Yea, he could be played as a "grittier" character. Great Choice.!!

As far as "one flying character".... I'm open. How 'bout you?? Any ideas??

Comment

Pyro

I'm adding Pyro to the gritty team based on issue 5. Come to think of it since he got his powers (at least in part) by being executed in the electric chair . . .
                          Last edited by Ghornet2; 08-03-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Yeah,
                            good by me!!

Comment

Teams Teams Teams

So we have

the first stringers wtih Devil, Samson, Scarab, Arrow, Flame & Linda

The second string with our GL, Target, Hydro, Blue Bettle, Black Venus (need a female) & a flying character

The gritty guys with Terror, Masqurade, V-man, Face, Grim Reaper & Pyro

We have enough young heroes for a titans type team

And with Hydro, Flame and Pyro, a good start on an elemental team

Comment

Working...
                              X