Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Superpowers, thus far... (check list)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Superpowers, thus far... (check list)

Hello!

I'm a bit late joining the Project Superpowers party. I stumbled upon #0 and #1 at a local used book store and--of course--I was hooked.

I am just curious, how many issues and series have been published so far? Also, is there anywhere that I can get some background on the concept behind the series; I've read something about all of these characters being "public domain"... COOL!

Thanks for you help!

-------------------------

PS Here's my best newbie attempt at Project Superpowers thus far... (please add corrections, additional info)

Project Superpowers: 0, 1/2, 1-7, Prelude; hardcover trade, softcover (in January 2009)
    Black Terror: 1, 2, 3 (of ??? planned issues)
    Death Defying 'Devil: ( ??? issues planned; to begin publication in December?)

Project Superpowers #0-6 has been released so far, as well as a side story free comic featuring Devil and Claw. Black Terror and PS #7 come out this month.

Welcome aboard

Originally posted by NinjaFace
    Hello!

I'm a bit late joining the Project Superpowers party. I stumbled upon #0 and #1 at a local used book store and--of course--I was hooked.

I am just curious, how many issues and series have been published so far? Also, is there anywhere that I can get some background on the concept behind the series; I've read something about all of these characters being "public domain"... COOL!

Thanks for you help!

-------------------------

PS Here's my best newbie attempt at Project Superpowers thus far... (please add corrections, additional info)

Project Superpowers: 0, 1/2, 1-7, Prelude; hardcover trade, softcover (in January 2009)
    Black Terror: 1, 2, 3 (of ??? planned issues)
    Death Defying 'Devil: ( ??? issues planned; to begin publication in December?)
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Indeed, ComicFan is correct. Based on the information I currently have*, here is a breakdown of what's out and what's coming:

Available Now - Preview Edition, #0-6, Free Comic Book Day Special
      October '08 - #7, Prelude, Sketchbook
      November '08 - Black Terror #1
      December '08 - Death-Defying 'Devil #1, Black Terror #2, Wizard Exclusive #1/2
      Early '09 - Vol. 1 HC/TPB, Terror #3-4, 'Devil #2-4, Masquerade #1-4
      Spring/Summer '09 - Project Superpowers Chapter 2: The Supremacy

*As always, all info is subject to change...

Black Terror is planned to be ongoing, but will take a break after #4.
      Death-Defying 'Devil is planned to be a 4-issue mini.
      Masquerade is also planned as a 4-issue mini.
      Last edited by MadMikeyD; 10-12-2008, 07:47 PM.
      DECODER RING THEATRE
      EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
      PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
      PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaFace
        Also, is there anywhere that I can get some background on the concept behind the series; I've read something about all of these characters being "public domain"... COOL!
        Here's what I can tell you briefly: In the '30s and '40s there were a bunch of comic companies and tons of super heroes. After WWII super heroes lost much popularity and companies went out of business. Many of those characters were never heard from again and are now public domain.

The idea behind the series is - there were once dozens of super heroes, but after WWII they all vanished. Why did they vanish? Where did they go? What if they came back?

If you want background on the characters themselves, there's some links in my sig that can get you started...
        DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

What??

"October '08 - #7, Prelude, Sketchbook"

Mike,
          I know #7 is the end of the first arc...

What is "Prelude"....???? Is that the "0" issue for a dollar...the prelude for the next arc.??
          and
          What is "Sketchbook"???

Comment

Happy to have you aboard Ninjaface.

There is a thread on this forum with character sheets for all of the main characters. I also created a yahoo group for Project Superpowers that has a little more stuff on it, including Bibliographies and links to Info sites and Golden Age Reprint sites.
            Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
            http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by captainzero
              "October '08 - #7, Prelude, Sketchbook"

Mike,
              I know #7 is the end of the first arc...

What is "Prelude"....???? Is that the "0" issue for a dollar...the prelude for the next arc.??
              and
              What is "Sketchbook"???
              Yes, Prelude is the new $1 issue that is supposed to preview the 2nd series, as well as the 3 spin-offs. Not a lot of details about the Sketchbook, but I assume it will be similar to the Avengers/Invaders Sketchbook. It is mentioned in the Prelude solicitations.
              DECODER RING THEATRE
              EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Black Terror has been moved to November? And the hardcover and Masquerade title to next year? Jeez, I am getting tired of all these delays. I understand that they have a lot on their plate because it's still the beginning for them, but it is still painfull.

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
                Indeed, ComicFan is correct. Based on the information I currently have*, here is a breakdown of what's out and what's coming:

Available Now - Preview Edition, #0-6, Free Comic Book Day Special
                October '08 - #7, Prelude, Sketchbook
                November '08 - Black Terror #1
                December '08 - Death-Defying 'Devil #1, Black Terror #2, Wizard Exclusive #1/2
                Early '09 - Vol. 1 HC/TPB, Terror #3-4, 'Devil #2-4, Masquerade #1-4
                Spring/Summer '09 - Project Superpowers Chapter 2: The Supremacy

*As always, all info is subject to change...

Black Terror is planned to be ongoing, but will take a break after #4.
                Death-Defying 'Devil is planned to be a 4-issue mini.
                Masquerade is also planned as a 4-issue mini.
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Working...
                X