X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadMikeyD
    started a topic President West?

President West?

Who is President West? This question has been eating away at me since we were told he is a former hero. None of the heroes on "The List" have the name West. I may have figured it out. I just noticed that the guy in the suit on the cover of Black Terror #3 is wearing an eyepatch:

Assuming that is President West, that tells me there's a possibility that Captain Johnathan Battle - "the One Man Army" - may have changed his name to "West" and become a politician:

Any other theories?

• Ghornet2
    replied
    The Supremacy

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
    According to stuff I've read on the internet today (I don't have the Prelude issue yet), the Supremacy includes, among others:

The Advocate (no clue)
    ClownCo CEO (I assume this would be the Clown, nemesis of Magno & Davey)
    Emperor Seng II (obviously a descendant of Emperor Seng I)
    President West (now assuming this is Gene West, aka Power Nelson)

And, is that actually the Scarab? Or is it a relative of the Scarab's? It seemed to imply that it was the Scarab, and he vanished from the battle scenes in the Middle East. I'm not convinced, unless it's confirmed in the Prelude that I haven't seen yet...
    Also in the Supremacy are
    Mad Magi
    Mrs. Octopus
    Black Baron
    Dynamic Man & Woman
    and yes Scarab (See my post on the Prelude for my thoughts)

Leave a comment:

• MadMikeyD
    replied
    According to stuff I've read on the internet today (I don't have the Prelude issue yet), the Supremacy includes, among others:

The Advocate (no clue)
    ClownCo CEO (I assume this would be the Clown, nemesis of Magno & Davey)
    Emperor Seng II (obviously a descendant of Emperor Seng I)
    President West (now assuming this is Gene West, aka Power Nelson)

And, is that actually the Scarab? Or is it a relative of the Scarab's? It seemed to imply that it was the Scarab, and he vanished from the battle scenes in the Middle East. I'm not convinced, unless it's confirmed in the Prelude that I haven't seen yet...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I looked through the Vol. 2 preview earlier, and I'm pretty sure the group shot of the council includes not only West, but a character named Emperor Seng II, which would seem to confirm my theory. I could be wrong, as I only browsed through it in the store.

Originally posted by goldenagefanatic
    Power Nelson. "It is the year 1982, and civilization, exhaused by the second and third World Wars, has been conquered by a Mongol horde! The ruler of the world is Emperor Seng I! From his palace in New-New York, he governs with despotic might all civilized people, who groan under his oppression!" Power Nelson, a young man, is choosen by a group of scientists to be the test subject for a special experiment. It works, giving him "the strength of a steam engine and the hardness of tempered steel." With these Power Nelson fights against the rule of Emperor Seng I.
    First Appearance: Prize Comics #1 (Prize)

Leave a comment:

• MadMikeyD
    replied
    Well, given that his name is West, and he has an eyepatch, I'd say he's Power Nelson, the Futureman , who wore an eyepatch in his alter ego of Gene West. Jess Nevins has this to say about Nelson on his Golden Age Heroes Directory:

Power Nelson. "It is the year 1982, and civilization, exhaused by the second and third World Wars, has been conquered by a Mongol horde! The ruler of the world is Emperor Seng I! From his palace in New-New York, he governs with despotic might all civilized people, who groan under his oppression!" Power Nelson, a young man, is choosen by a group of scientists to be the test subject for a special experiment. It works, giving him "the strength of a steam engine and the hardness of tempered steel." With these Power Nelson fights against the rule of Emperor Seng I.
    I was not aware of Power Nelson - he wasn't on "the list." That makes sense, though, so you're probably right. Thanks for the insight.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Wait, if there was an "Emperor Seng I", doesn't that mean that at some point there will be an "Emperor Seng II"? Implying that Power Nelson loses in his bid to defeat the dictator?! Man, that's depressing in retrospect.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well, given that his name is West, and he has an eyepatch, I'd say he's Power Nelson, the Futureman , who wore an eyepatch in his alter ego of Gene West. Jess Nevins has this to say about Nelson on his Golden Age Heroes Directory:

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
    Who is President West? This question has been eating away at me since we were told he is a former hero. None of the heroes on "The List" have the name West. I may have figured it out. I just noticed that the guy in the suit on the cover of Black Terror #3 is wearing an eyepatch:

Assuming that is President West, that tells me there's a possibility that Captain Johnathan Battle - "the One Man Army" - may have changed his name to "West" and become a politician:

Any other theories?

Leave a comment:

• Ghornet2
    replied
    You both may be right. Dynamite could hae changed the name to West as a nod to Adam West, but it could still Captain Battle, or more likely his son, Captain Battle Jr (Captin Battle was a WW1 veteran). Having the same eye injured would be a stretch but there are plausible reasons. The most interesting would be that his father dissappeared (in the urn?) and the son maimed himself to become "Captain Battle".
    Last edited by Ghornet2; 10-24-2008, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I thought that President West was a homage to Adam West from the Batman TV show, well he is the mayor in Family Guy.
    Last edited by flood1976; 10-25-2008, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X