Project Superpowers # 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Superpowers # 7

I can't believe there has been no threads on this issue! The conclusion of the first arc was good. I felt the art has been getting better. And I was very satisfied at how several plots have been tied up but many questions are left to be dealt with in the upcoming books (Black Terror, Devil & SP2).

Spoilers

I was avoiding commenting and there by spoilers.

I like the fact that Fighting Yank is still with us. He maybe dead but he's still here.

I'm not sure about the death of V Man. It would have been interesting to see how they dealt with his virus power. It does show that they are not afraid to kill if they have to.

A world wide shadow Government? With Pres. West, the Clown, Scarb and Dynamic Man involved. Boy, oh boy.

Is Scarab a villian pretending to be a hero or a hero pretending to be a villian?
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I think the big reveal concerning the Scarab was cool. I secretly suspect he's a good guy ... but who knows? It might be more interesting if he weren't.

A good conclusion to the opening arc. I'm looking forward to seeing where things go now. The Preview looked promising about what comes next.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2
        I'm not sure about the death of V Man. It would have been interesting to see how they dealt with his virus power. It does show that they are not afraid to kill if they have to.
        He's dead? Looks like to me they just left him out there to deal with the F-Troop. He's seen walking away from the corpses of the F-Troop. Well, okay, they were corpses to begin with, but this time they're burning and note as likely to get back up again.
        Maybe he wanders around the Middle East, meeting up with Burning Eagle? Man, that's a bad representation of America: A walking pandemic and a guy who's setting fire to everything by accident.

The Chapter Two Prelude is pretty interesting, too, well worth the 75p. Not for the previews of Black Terror, Masquerade and 'Devil, but for the cool sketches of Burning Eagle, Truth and Dare, Silver Streak and all those other heroes and villains awaiting in the sidelines to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Constantinople
          He's dead? Looks like to me they just left him out there to deal with the F-Troop. He's seen walking away from the corpses of the F-Troop. Well, okay, they were corpses to begin with, but this time they're burning and note as likely to get back up again.
          Maybe he wanders around the Middle East, meeting up with Burning Eagle? Man, that's a bad representation of America: A walking pandemic and a guy who's setting fire to everything by accident.
          Just went back and looked at the scene again. Your right he is just walking away for some reason I thought he went over a ledge or something. I put that together with his comments about life and jumped to a conclusion.
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Now, all I've got to say is this: If you need arrows to show the reader which order the panels should be read in, you're doing something wrong. Occasional pages like that can really ruin the feel of the comic. Something overly cartoony can get away with such things, but comics with Zombie-Soldiers and Nuclear-Powered-Mercenaries doesn't really suit that kind of story telling.

Also, I find V-Man's comments confusing, too. Does he mean that they could meet up again in the afterlife, so he wishes Masquerade doesn't have such a long life?

Seems that "out of control" powers is going to be a big thing for a while, what with V-Man, Mr. Mask, Burning Eagle and the Black Owl all having powers that they can't switch off.

Comment

Working...
            X