Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Terror #1 Spoilers. Read only if you wish....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Terror #1 Spoilers. Read only if you wish....

Issue stars out with the gang looking down on the city talking about what they had done in the middle east and weather or not it was the right thing to do, then action jumps right in to US Jones running into a group of patrol soldiers led by a mysterious shadowy figure. Jones recognizes the person in the shadow (though we cannot see him) and says something like..."It can't be you?....why are you doing this, you will not get away with this." or something to that effect. Later on the group is watching tv in a bar or something and the news reveals President West is initiating a terrorist action on our heroes and sending legions of the black suited troops to capture and kill the guys, oh no! A big fight begins and Terror finds a sword inside of a museum after being drilled through a wall by a soldier, and after a revealing moment betwen he and the crusaders having revealing Tim to be at the white house in Washington he breaks the glass display, takes the sword and begins lopping heads off. After the battle Jet tries to talk Bob out of going to the White House but Terror decides he must rescue Tim after having flashbacks of when he first recruited him.

Issue seemed short, maybe Thats because it was so fun.
    Last edited by comixfan1980; 11-01-2008, 12:07 PM.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Thanks for the summary. I can't wait for Wed to read my copy!

Comment

Originally posted by md62
      Again I gotta say, the issue flew by for me, it felt like 10 pages, but man was it good. I love the darker art and it reminds me a bit of Carlos Paul's work but slightly better and more crisp.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980
        after a revealing moment betwen he and the crusaders having revealing Tim to be at the white house in Washington
        They never actually said it was Tim, just that there was a sidekick held prisoner there. Terror needs to believe it's Tim for his actions to be justified in his own mind.

My question, did the Crusaders tell him this to set him up for a trap? Or is Archie Masters out there somewhere, linked with these Crusaders somehow, and trying to get a message to his friends?
        DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
        PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
        PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
          They never actually said it was Tim, just that there was a sidekick held prisoner there. Terror needs to believe it's Tim for his actions to be justified in his own mind.

My question, did the Crusaders tell him this to set him up for a trap? Or is Archie Masters out there somewhere, linked with these Crusaders somehow, and trying to get a message to his friends?
          I'm just taking a guess but maybe they do have Tim and BT rescues him just to find that he is upset that Terror didn't hold up his end of the bargain and protect him, he let him get sucked into the urn. It could spawn through all of the sidekicks and in itself create the group they previewed in the prelude book.
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by md62
            in project superpowers prelude black terror issue 1 is advertised to ship nov 5. at diamond previews it's not on this week or next weeks shipping list. why is DE screwing with us by giving out false shipping dates.
            Last edited by ultrajack; 11-03-2008, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Hmmm... Last week Diamond had it on the Nov. 5 list. Diamond is not always 100% accurate though. The DE newsletter and the CBR and Newsarama previews say it will ship this week. Hopefully it does.
              DECODER RING THEATRE
              EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

The guy at my local comic shop said he has recieved his shipment and plan on putting it out today (I spoke to him yesterday).
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980
                  The guy at my local comic shop said he has recieved his shipment and plan on putting it out today (I spoke to him yesterday).
                  That's good to hear!
                  DECODER RING THEATRE
                  EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

2 Thumbs way up

I agree it made a nice epilogue for he main series and a goo start of the Black Terror story.

It looks like the Crusaders are imperfect clones of Archie Masters, the original American Crusader and that he may still be around and at least in contact with the clones.

Is Tim a prisoner in the White House? I kind of hope no. I hope that they are playing Terror, knowing how he would react.

An A++ in my opinion
                    Last edited by Ghornet2; 11-15-2008, 09:44 AM.
                    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I kind of hope they are throwing Terror for a loop as well, but it would make an interesting story if he was there at the white house on his own will because he is mad that Terror didn't protect him. Now the painful wait for issue #2 :/
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Comment

I didn't really like the story, but I'm not giving up on the series. I really hope that Dynamite gets better writers. It is my hope that DC, Marvel and Dynamite will be the Big 3 of publishing super heroe comic books. They have the list of characters, but they need to do better with their stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Glens46golden
                          I didn't really like the story, but I'm not giving up on the series. I really hope that Dynamite gets better writers. It is my hope that DC, Marvel and Dynamite will be the Big 3 of publishing super heroe comic books. They have the list of characters, but they need to do better with their stories.
                          I couldn't disagree more. Thing I like about the DE writing is thatbits different and in my opinion better than DC or Marvel, I wouldn't want to see Bendis or Johns writing DE books in the style they would write the big 2's. I hope DE gets some great writers in the future but keep the pacing the same.
                          Dynamite Entertainment
                          Forum Administrator

Comment

Oh Really

Originally posted by Glens46golden
                            What's wrong with their stories? We've had one and a quarter stories so far. The first story (P:SP) was good, a little hamstrung by having to introduce all these "new" characters, but a good starting point. Black Terror is just getting started but we have all sorts of hints and inuendos; Is it Tim the Crusaders were talking about, what's up with Archie Masters and just what is his connection with the Crusaders, what happened to U.S. Jones?

Why didn't you like the story? Can you be specific?
                            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

Romita Cover

I managed to get a copy with the Romita cover. From the pictures I was worried that they went overboard id distressing it, but it looks great. Now I'll probably have to pick up the Romita Death Defying Devil and Masquerade covers as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X