Diversity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversity

I,m loving the Superpowers Vol 1 but I feel it is truly lacking diversity at the moment. All the heroes we have see so far are predominantly white male Americans.I hope that in Vol 2 that we get to see more diversity.It would be also be great to see an originally Ross and Krueger character.
    Last edited by flood1976; 11-02-2008, 01:17 PM.

Given that this is Golden Age characters we're talking about, the whole "mostly white mail" thing kind of comes with the territory. The only way to diversify the cast is to

A) introduce original characters
    B) by giving existing characters' ethnicities, religious beliefs, political inclinations and sexual orientations.

Comment

Originally posted by Strannik
      Given that this is Golden Age characters we're talking about, the whole "mostly white mail" thing kind of comes with the territory. The only way to diversify the cast is to

A) introduce original characters
      B) by giving existing characters' ethnicities, religious beliefs, political inclinations and sexual orientations.
      Yeah, pretty much. Unfortunatly in the 40's and 50's it was a different world than it is now, ethnic characters were not common due to lack of popularity and the way other races were treated.

It's a lot different today and there are a lot of popular black characters like Luke Cage, Spawn, Storm, Black Panther ect ect.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I know it kind of comes with the territory. But we should not let it tie us down. I would be great to see some original characters in the future.

Comment

Truth & Dare

Truth & Dare are pictured in the Chapter 2 Prelude.

Truth looks to be black and Dare looks like an asian female. With only a b&w sketch it's hard to be sure. Both are new characters.
          Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
          Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
          http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

We will have to wait and see.!
            Last edited by flood1976; 11-02-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Diversity with ... Truth & Dare!!

Originally posted by Ghornet2
              Truth & Dare are pictured in the Chapter 2 Prelude.

Truth looks to be black and Dare looks like an asian female. With only a b&w sketch it's hard to be sure. Both are new characters.
              Yea, that's my response, too. Truth & Dare... original characters.!!! Some diversity is being worked in.
              Diversity is fine for some people... not so much for me. Political correctness makes my rear end sore. I like guys with white skin... like THE GHOST!!

(oH, sorry. That was a joke.!!)(waiting for some leftist to jump on me for that response.!!)

Comment

Working...
              X