Creators You'd Like to See on Project Superpowers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creators You'd Like to See on Project Superpowers

Title says it all folks. Make the suggestions, and let's let DE know what we'd like to see.

Me, I'd like to see:

Greg Rucka on a Scarab/Blue Beetle book.

Ed Brubaker on a Daredevil book (yeah ... I know how that sounds, but I'd love to see him do a Yellow Claw/DD thing like he's done with Captain America).

Grant Morrison on the Green Lama.

Roy Thomas on the Inheritors (or a "Big 3" book).

David Hines on the Flame (loved what he did with Son of M and Silent War ... let him go nuts with the science-horror stuff of the Flame).

James Robinson doing an anthology of "times past" type stories.

George Perez drawing anything he wants to (but mostly whatever Roy Thomas or James Robinson writes).

Bill Sienkiwicz(?) handling the art for the Flame OR the DD book.

Steve Sadowski(?) handling the chores for the Scarab/Blue Beetle book.

Mike and Laura Allred drawing the Green Lama.

Don Kramer working with James Robinson on the anthology title.

And I'd leave the current teams in place for the Black Terror and Masquerade.

Roy Thomas doing a WW2 book

Jerry Ordway doing a past times book

Alex Ross doing soemething other than covers

Alex Ross doing a "Who's Who" type book.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Jim Lee (for covers)
      Brandon Peterson (interiors)
      Jim Chueng (covers and interiors)
      Ron Marz (writing)
      Chris Claremont (writing)

And many, many more. Too bad some of these names will never happen.......

Never say never I guess, especially in comics......
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

A Bullpen of artists and writers

Originally posted by comixfan1980
        Jim Lee (for covers)
        Brandon Peterson (interiors)
        Jim Chueng (covers and interiors)
        Ron Marz (writing)
        Chris Claremont (writing)

And many, many more. Too bad some of these names will never happen.......

Never say never I guess, especially in comics......
        Yea, an exercise in futility.
        I WOULD HAVE liked to see John Buscema on some of these group titles.
        Especially, the Super-Mysterymen... or even the Project SuperPowers heroes.
        He had such powerful, dynamic-looking superheroes... I always had wished he liked the super-heroes more... but he didn't.
        I WOULD HAVE LIKED to see Jack Kirby, of course, ...on almost ANY PSP title.
        He was the GREATEST.!!

I would like to see Tom Grummet on a book. I think he might be exceptionally good on The Inheritors!! He does young heroes very well.!!
        Or I would like to see Gary Frank on a DE on-going title...
        Or ... Mark Bagley...
        Or ... Jim Lee
        Or...Darwyn Cooke
        Or ...Brian Bolland
        Or...have Frank Quitely drawing for DE. Alex Ross is doing some great covers. I really wished DE had some really great artists to do their interior art.

And I would like to see writers like:
        Alan Moore
        or... a 1960's Stan Lee...

a writer that can tell a GREAT story ... with heart.... character...feeling... and one I can understand.!!

A writer/editor that can see the whole panarama of this Epic ... and bring all the pieces together in an exciting and dramatic, interlocking, and entertaining way.

(Geoff Johns seems to be having some success at DC.
        Ed Brubaker is doing a good job at Marvel.
        And Mike Mignola seems to be doing a good job at Dark Horse with the Hellboy Universe.)

Unfortunately, we'll have to muddle on without these guys.!!

[Oh, sure, I wished there was an editor/writer that would take pointers from ME... on the interconnectedness of all of these heroes... and their relationships to one another. But that's going beyond asking for Jim Lee, Ed Brubaker, Alan Moore, Gary Frank, and Mark Bagley to all sign on to DE titles by next Wednesday.!!! Soooo, I think I'd better drop that. Relax, gang. It ain't happinin'.]
        Last edited by captainzero; 05-25-2009, 03:07 AM.

Comment

I think that's a hugely insulting post, to be honest with you. The line of books is in great hands with Alex and Jim, Nick and Joe, and the other creators such as Joe Casey and Phil Hester. PSP is not "muddling on" with the people we have on the books, it's going from strength to strength. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you're insulting the work of the guys who are shaping this universe. Plus, in terms of artists, we already have "really great artists" in the shape of Edgar and Mike. The guys you're naming, most of them can't even handle a monthly schedule. Edgar can do just that, and he knocks most of their collective socks off.

Comment

Simon: I agree with most of your post. I am thrilled Edgar is doing the art on Vol 2. I wish Ross & Krueger had stayed as editors & let the "new" guys write the series. I thought Casey & Hester did a better job than Krueger did. I LOVE the P:SPU & support it but I have two problems. As a fan all I want to do is to improve what is already there. Here are my two "problems":

1. The production. I still feel BT suffered as a result of the "muddy" art look. DDD had bright polished art that grabbed your attention. And Masquerade is more vibrant than the "dark blurry" art that the first series had & this is the same artist!

2. Dialogue: Krueger is writing some clunky, corny stuff. Sorry it's my opinion. I know he is capable of much better. And I agree with a previous poster - these revived heroes should "act" more like they came out of the 40's with those values & morals instead of 21st century values.

My suggestions: let Casey & Salazar do the main book with Ross & Krueger supplying editorial guidance. Sign Hester up to do future spin offs. Keep the art sharp & crisp.

Having said that: I am looking forward to Vol 2 & will continue to support this line of books.

Comment

Captain Zero,

At what point do you plan to stop buying the Superpowers titles, I for one would recommend ...immediately.

You have done nothing but complain, of course always tempered with an aw shucks guys and some ridiculous emoticon, as if we are to believe your naive commentary is just cause you care.

Time and time again you raise the same point, I want my 40's and 50's characters just like I remember them, back in the day. Use your head, there is no going back, there is no point of reference to these characters that today's readers can relate, you want to read a history book, go to the library, these characters are in the here and now, and I'm sure moving forward they will resemble less and less the simple one dimensional characters they were originally.

AC Comics seems to putting out the product you want why torture yourself with these new and improved charaters, maybe Erik Larsen can fill that gap in your past memories.

Dynamite is putting out a very good product with this PS universe and we should be excited that we are able to be in on the ground floor.

Your reply to Simon borders on the childish and your warning that your review of BT #4 will be earth shattering, I'll save you the trouble:

Captain Zero review of BT #4...

Blah Blah Blah....I can't believe he said that, how can he have said that, blah, blah, back in the day this was not in his make up, blah blah. He should be horse whipped. Blah, when do the young 'uns get their come uppance. Why doesn't WW2 mean anything anymore and is there no friendships that can be played up... I love friendships! Wish Kirby and Simon could get a kick at the can, boy wouldn't that be the cat's meow

The artwork leaves me cold, so does the writing but hey I love these characters and who would listen to my suggestions anyway

Well I'm hesitating on continuing to buy these books but they do keep me wishing it was 1945 again and we'd be cheering these heroes for saving us from the bad guys....oh yeah there's a bunch of characters I'm hoping Ross brings back but I'll send that list later

So let's hope the next BT story arc shows us BT as he was back in the day, we'd all love that I think, wouldn't we!!!

OK Simon do your worst

You can't keep up this excercise in futility and not expect rebuttal from the likes of Simon Bowland, occasional and well spoken defender of the realm.
              Your comments come across as naive, your rah rah comments are wearing thin, and again, your I'm going to get Simon even more pissed off reeks of childish "my Dad is bigger than your Dad"

Grow up Captain Zero, $hit or get off the pot, your repetitious ramblings are putting a damper on this board, Superpowers in particular.

In closing, of course you can continue your visits here and your comments are of course free speech, but it gets quiet listening to you own voice, especially when it resembles an echo, of yesterday and today.

Ranger01

Comment

I would love to see Stan Lee do some work in the PSP universe plus it would be awesome if Alex Ross did some interior art.

Comment

I agree with this post by a ten fold, if the product isn't good or isn't living up to your expectations then maybe it's time for CaptainZero to look elsewhere for good comics. Almost every book that came out in the PS line you have had a severe problem with, and thats fine, but maybe these books are not for you, maybe it's time to give up on DE if thy aren't good to you. I am not a fan of shrimp, it's okay but I have an issue with the taste, does that mean I order it when I go out to eat? No, because I don't like it.

Originally posted by Ranger01
                  Captain Zero,

At what point do you plan to stop buying the Superpowers titles, I for one would recommend ...immediately.

You have done nothing but complain, of course always tempered with an aw shucks guys and some ridiculous emoticon, as if we are to believe your naive commentary is just cause you care.

Time and time again you raise the same point, I want my 40's and 50's characters just like I remember them, back in the day. Use your head, there is no going back, there is no point of reference to these characters that today's readers can relate, you want to read a history book, go to the library, these characters are in the here and now, and I'm sure moving forward they will resemble less and less the simple one dimensional characters they were originally.

AC Comics seems to putting out the product you want why torture yourself with these new and improved charaters, maybe Erik Larsen can fill that gap in your past memories.

Dynamite is putting out a very good product with this PS universe and we should be excited that we are able to be in on the ground floor.

Your reply to Simon borders on the childish and your warning that your review of BT #4 will be earth shattering, I'll save you the trouble:

Captain Zero review of BT #4...

Blah Blah Blah....I can't believe he said that, how can he have said that, blah, blah, back in the day this was not in his make up, blah blah. He should be horse whipped. Blah, when do the young 'uns get their come uppance. Why doesn't WW2 mean anything anymore and is there no friendships that can be played up... I love friendships! Wish Kirby and Simon could get a kick at the can, boy wouldn't that be the cat's meow

The artwork leaves me cold, so does the writing but hey I love these characters and who would listen to my suggestions anyway

Well I'm hesitating on continuing to buy these books but they do keep me wishing it was 1945 again and we'd be cheering these heroes for saving us from the bad guys....oh yeah there's a bunch of characters I'm hoping Ross brings back but I'll send that list later

So let's hope the next BT story arc shows us BT as he was back in the day, we'd all love that I think, wouldn't we!!!

OK Simon do your worst

You can't keep up this excercise in futility and not expect rebuttal from the likes of Simon Bowland, occasional and well spoken defender of the realm.
                  Your comments come across as naive, your rah rah comments are wearing thin, and again, your I'm going to get Simon even more pissed off reeks of childish "my Dad is bigger than your Dad"

Grow up Captain Zero, $hit or get off the pot, your repetitious ramblings are putting a damper on this board, Superpowers in particular.

In closing, of course you can continue your visits here and your comments are of course free speech, but it gets quiet listening to you own voice, especially when it resembles an echo, of yesterday and today.

Ranger01
                  cam
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Comment

I was a big fan of Crossgen Comics and I loved some of the artists that they had, which are some that I have mentioned in this thread as people I would like to see on the books in the PSU. But I am extreamly happy with what we have and if the same creative team were the ones bringing us our monthly action then I would be totally cool with that, but I do want to see DE expand and become a "mecca" in the industry so I would love to see some other big names join on in.
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Comment

Chuck Dixon is an excellent suggestion. I'm one of those who loved his run on Batman (he really captured the "family" aspect of the characters), and really loved his run on Nightwing (especially regarding the way he set up the Nightwing/Oracle relationship).

He'd be perfect for an action title or crime title. Maybe he could so something with the Flame's quest for Flame Girl, or with the Face.

Comment

My dream project would see Stan Lee write the story and throw some originally Stan Lee creations and Alex Ross on art duties.

Comment

Originally posted by flood1976
                          My dream project would see Stan Lee write the story and throw some originally Stan Lee creations and Alex Ross on art duties.
                          Stan Lee would be an interesting choice, given that his experience dates back to the golden age. I don't know if he ever wrote anything for companies other than Timely, but it would certainly be interesting to see him have a go at a few of the P:SP characters.

And a Lee/Ross combo would be incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by jsf
                            Stan Lee would be an interesting choice, given that his experience dates back to the golden age. I don't know if he ever wrote anything for companies other than Timely, but it would certainly be interesting to see him have a go at a few of the P:SP characters.

And a Lee/Ross combo would be incredible.
                            It would be truly amazing if Dynamite got Stan Lee to do some writing for the P:SP universe and seeing Ross doing the art duties for P:SP and Stan Lee new characters would be a dream come true.
                            Stan lee was hired by Virgin comics to create a whole new superhero universe sadly the company cease doing busy before they where every released

Comment

Hey what happened to my last post??????

Comment

Working...
                              X