Jim Steranko's take on some of the PSP heroes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Steranko's take on some of the PSP heroes

Check out the righ side bar for Steranko's take on Green Lama and a couple other PSP Heros

Here's an enlargement of the section.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by comixfan1980; 06-30-2009, 10:48 AM.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Very old school, lol, but cool to see other variations on these characters.

Note: I merged the 2 posts together.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I would give anything if DE was able to get Steranko to do a SP cover, and I would fear heart complications if he were ever to draw a complete issue...he IMHO had no equal when it came to comics in the late 60's. His Nick Fury A of S, was so far ahead of it's time, and his artwork in issues 110 111 and 113 of Captain America, there has been none better.

Ranger01
      Last edited by Ranger01; 06-30-2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Ranger, I'm getting heart palpitations just thinking about it. Did you check out my entry in the general comic forum? I once had his "Supergirls" calander at the ripe age of 15 .
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Hey G2,

I write this looking at a framed (nothing high-end) copy of the first page of Nick Fury #5 Whatever Happened to Scorpio, I remember the Saturday morning when the book turned up a week or two earlier than it was supposed to at a book/ magazine/smoke shop in the local mall where I visited every weekend with my parents.

I'd buy all my Marvels, Tarzan novels, Tom Swift, Hardy Boys, Doc Savage at that store...then run back to my Dad's car and carefully look at all that I'd bought while hoping my parents wouldn't return too soon.

I opened the Fury book, I was hit with a splash page and artwork that to this day I remember the feeling of awestruck...there was a newspaper on a table with the headline Whatever Happened to Scorpio, top right of that newspaper a cup of coffee on a saucer and a spoon just resting there...a typical Steranko revolver laying across the newspaper along with a watch and the piece de resistance (for me) the head and shoulders shadow of Nick Fury looking over his shouder, all in B&W except for the coffee and a tinge of blue on the pistol and watch....it may mean nothing to most of you but to a young 14 year old who had just started collecting comics it was like nothing I had ever seen or imagined to see in a comic book.

I've never forgotten that day and that feeling it gave me, the whole story was terrific as was all the artwork but that front page, staring up at me right now, was like a bolt of lightning and I continue to get that feeling whenever it catches my eye, nicely but simply framed on the wall in my office.

Sorry for long drawn out but ....a great big thanks to Jim Steranko.

Ranger01

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger01 View Post
            Hey G2,

I write this looking at a framed (nothing high-end) copy of the first page of Nick Fury #5 Whatever Happened to Scorpio, I remember the Saturday morning when the book turned up a week or two earlier than it was supposed to at a book/ magazine/smoke shop in the local mall where I visited every weekend with my parents.

I'd buy all my Marvels, Tarzan novels, Tom Swift, Hardy Boys, Doc Savage at that store...then run back to my Dad's car and carefully look at all that I'd bought while hoping my parents wouldn't return too soon.

I opened the Fury book, I was hit with a splash page and artwork that to this day I remember the feeling of awestruck...there was a newspaper on a table with the headline Whatever Happened to Scorpio, top right of that newspaper a cup of coffee on a saucer and a spoon just resting there...a typical Steranko revolver laying across the newspaper along with a watch and the piece de resistance (for me) the head and shoulders shadow of Nick Fury looking over his shouder, all in B&W except for the coffee and a tinge of blue on the pistol and watch....it may mean nothing to most of you but to a young 14 year old who had just started collecting comics it was like nothing I had ever seen or imagined to see in a comic book.

I've never forgotten that day and that feeling it gave me, the whole story was terrific as was all the artwork but that front page, staring up at me right now, was like a bolt of lightning and I continue to get that feeling whenever it catches my eye, nicely but simply framed on the wall in my office.

Sorry for long drawn out but ....a great big thanks to Jim Steranko.

Ranger01
            These are the kinds of memories that make our little hobby worth while......

I wish more people shared stories like these.
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

After I posted, I shared the story with my wife, who I met a month after I bought the comic...(she also caught my eye in the same way but not with the same feeling, she had nicer legs

...she smiled, "you've told me that story before" she said.

Memories are made of these.

Ranger01

Comment

Working...
              X