Playing Favorites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Favorites

Pretty straight forward. Who is you favorite character in the PSU? and why? Or who, of the up and coming characters (Man-Cat, Ghost, Truth & Dare), do you think could end up being your favorite?

At first I really liked the Black Terror, but as I read more I think I'd have to say my favorite is quickly becoming the Revolutionary! He's like a patriotic Lobo!
    Last edited by TheRevolutionary; 11-17-2009, 02:16 PM.

Favourite: currently Green Lama.

Comment

I agree he's a cool character. Why is he your favorite?

Comment

My favorite has been Black Terror since the beginning, there is just something about his look and the way they write him that screams "cool!" to me, plus I have a thing for skull&bones designs. My favorite up and comer would be Man-Cat, I love his design and his charactor premis, lots could be done with him.
        Last edited by comixfan1980; 11-09-2009, 08:24 PM.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Black Terror is my favorite. It started with the character design, but watching him go up against the Patriots twice sealed the deal for me. On the other hand I also enjoy the Patriots as a team and the Dynamic Family as villains. I'm looking forward toward seeing the Raven and other mysterymen in action.

Comment

The Ghost!

He looks fantastic. I mean nearly all the P:SP guys do, but wow... I love the look. His powers and his phantasmal plane are appealing. Mostly I like the whole deal where he's a spooky-looking skull-headed guy who isn't a moping arsehole or an evil bastard. In P:SP chapter 2 #4 he hints that things aren't exactly easy for him, but he still seems to be keeping it together.

Comment

At the moment I'd have to say either Silver Streak or Pyroman. Both characters have been portrayed in a way that seems strongly in keeping with their Golden Age appearances: upbeat and optimistic. They serve as a nice counterpoint to the more gloomy reflections of Black Terror, Green Lama, and Fighting Yank. Although I'm really enjoying Project Superpowers quite a bit, it does have a dark tenor to it that sometimes feels a bit oppressive. Pyroman (especially his portrayal in the Masquerade mini) and Silver Streak have a positive vibe about them that is attractive.

Visually, though, Black Terror probaby has the coolest look, as does the Owl. Personally, I'd like to see more of the latter as well as the Arrow and the Target. Oh ... and Green Mask, since he's my avatar (and that's one of my favorite covers from the '40's).

Comment

Originally posted by leonmallett View Post
                Favourite: currently Green Lama.
                Due to the complexities of his character; he wasn't caught up in the urn yet seems to be striving too hard at times. He is a dedicated 'good man' who may go to far in trying to do the right things, extending himself and his abilities far too much. His power isn't limitless yet allows for real invetion from the creators.

As for up and coming: The Ghost - just so cool visually and hints are rising about some inner conflict. All good.

Comment

The Ghost does look awesome, unfortunatly I have not seen enough of him to even come close to calling him my favorite, they need to feature him a little more and I know there is a rumored Ghost mini-series in the works so that will definatly cure that problem.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

A Ghost mini would be awesome. I'd like to see characters like him and the Revolutionary get some more face time and carve out there place in the PSU.
                    Last edited by TheRevolutionary; 11-17-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Of the newer characters, I hope to see more of Lady Satan. Man-Cat's been interesting so far, and I can't wait to see him tear "Tim" a new one.

I'm always happy to see Twister, The Owl, The Arrow and Ghost pop-up. They're simply visually appealing characters, like Masquerade.

Green Lama hasn't thrilled me too much, but then I was never a fan of the Golden Age character to begin with. I get the impression that DE is setting him up to betray the team at some point.

All that said, none of the characters are really standing-out as being a personal favorite because I'm enjoying the story being told more than the appearance of one hero or another. If there were a dozen different books being published, each featuring a different hero exclusively, and I had to make a choice with my wallet, then maybe I could give a better, more definitive answer.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevolutionary View Post
                        A Ghost mini would be awesome. I'd like to see characters like him and the Revolutionary get some more face time and carve out there place in the PSU.
                        Isn't there actually supposed to be a miniseries for The Ghost? I remember reading something in a thread here posted by either Comixfan or MadMikey.....

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                          My favorite has been Black Terror since the beginning, there is just something about his look and the way they write him that screams "cool!" to me, plus I have a thing for skull&bones designs. My favorite up and comer would be Man-Cat, I love his design and his charactor premis, lots could be done with him.
                          Speaking of Terror's look, have the similarities between his outfit and Captain Harlock ever been brought up?

Comment

Let me throw down a vote for 'Devil. Love the look, the mystery behind his current existence and I tend to like characters that have no poewrs, or a very modest one.

Comment

Bring on The Owl!!

My favorite is Terror right now...but it's kind of unfair; he's the only one out of P:SP with his own ongoing and I haven't seen enough of the other heroes to get that attached to them. I'm sure as more of the books come out, my favorite will change, but I gotta give it up to the pirate/pharmacist. He's got a great updated look, and I enjoyed reading what he did to get his former ward back in Black Terror #1-4.

There are a lot of guys in the Superpowers Universe I want to see more of, though. I really like Mr. Face, and the powers they gave him. Flame, Pyroman, Hydro, The Arrow, and of course The Owl, are all good looking characters that will probably replace Terror as #1 as time goes on. (I also hope they do something with Skyman, he's got a great look).

About The Owl: I've gotta admit I'm intrigued by him. He's one of the coolest visuals in the Superpowers Universe. Would an Owl ongoing sell? Could people dig a character called "The Owl" that much? I doubt it, but who knows?

Comment

Working...
                              X