Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Mini Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Next Mini Series

    We know the next mini series is supposed to star The Ghost but after that who do you think deserves the spotlight? I would like to see a second DDD series & a Pyroman book.

  • #2
    Pyroman or The Arrow would be my choice next.

    Comment


    • #3
      As much as I like The Ghost I think I would have much preferred a Pyroman mini or another DDD mini, I thik DE is somewhat ignoring the importance of DDD to the PSU and he really deserves more of a focus than he's getting. In fact, I wouldn't mind a DDD ongoing series, and I'm speaking from a standpoint that DDD is a cool character in my eyes but I'm not his biggest fan, I just think he has the "it" power to sell some books if promoted correctly.

      I am still looking forward to The Ghost's mini though, it should be nice to explore this character a little more through his own series, he definatly has a cool look and is well liked by the other heroes.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator


      Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd like to see a DDD ongoing series with etiher a Patriots or Pyro Mini.

        The Patriots mini would obviously depend on the outcome of the current P:SP series. It couls show how each hero reconnected with the gorvernment and which if any are becoming disalusioned with the government.

        Pyro seems to have some interesting character traits that it would be interesting to explore.
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          The eternal wait for the trade blues

          The Ghost huh?? Interesting...

          I'm buying all my P:SP stuff in trade so I'm months behind you guys.

          So... it'll probably be 2011 before I get my Ghost mini. But - I'll wait. I really like those books up on the shelf.

          The Good news is, I'll be picking up all the Green Hornet stuff monthly.

          So, I'll be able to chat w/ you guys about that...Anyways - far as who I want to see in the next mini? (after the next...) One vote for The Arrow.


          -Pistols

          Comment


          • #6
            I foresee 'Devil getting a continuation eventually, but maybe after the issue of his identity has been resolved. My vote is for Hydro or the Silver Streak to get a mini. I could go for a Patriots mini as well. Man of War is pretty awesome.
            DECODER RING THEATRE
            EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
            PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
            PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

            Comment


            • #7
              I keep asking for a Green Lama miniseries, maybe someday I will finally have it

              and definitively would love to have Pyroman in his own miniseries, unleash his full potential

              Also The Target

              And why not The Flame

              Would like also an other original Daredevil (DDD) get an other interesting miniseries

              And as a continuation from which later presented The Flame, this one with all the trouble it causes (The Dreamer) by Will Eisner in his issue of Wonder Comics, Wonder Man
              Last edited by Renaud; 02-02-2010, 09:48 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Renaud View Post
                I keep asking for a Green Lama miniseries, maybe someday I will finally have it

                and definitively would love to have Pyroman in his own miniseries, unleash his full potential

                Also The Target

                And why not The Flame

                Would like also an other original Daredevil (DDD) get an other interesting miniseries

                And as a continuation from which later presented The Flame, this one with all the trouble it causes (The Dreamer) by Will Eisner in his issue of Wonder Comics, Wonder Man
                The Flame, Pyroman, Man-Cat, Ghost, Hydroman and Samson need mini's, while DDD, The Inheritors and Scarab need ongoing's. Oh the future is so bright and the possibilities are endless for this universe
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator


                Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                  As much as I like The Ghost I think I would have much preferred a Pyroman mini or another DDD mini, I thik DE is somewhat ignoring the importance of DDD to the PSU and he really deserves more of a focus than he's getting. In fact, I wouldn't mind a DDD ongoing series, and I'm speaking from a standpoint that DDD is a cool character in my eyes but I'm not his biggest fan, I just think he has the "it" power to sell some books if promoted correctly.

                  I am still looking forward to The Ghost's mini though, it should be nice to explore this character a little more through his own series, he definatly has a cool look and is well liked by the other heroes.
                  I have to agree that Death Defying 'Devil is probably the best candidate for a solo ongoing alongside Black terror in terms of appeal and possible 'it' factor as you suggest.

                  Pyroman is seeing more and more action so a mini with him would be cool.

                  I'd also like something like a Truth and Dare origin and adventure mini.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't know actually... For all his striking and fairly iconic imagery I don't think Daredevil has really been a big deal as a hero. He needs others to effectively talk for him and drive his storylines along, which makes writing tougher.

                    Let's face it, at this stage I'm pretty convinced the 'death defying' guy we've got is a fraud of some sort... So where will that leave us by the end of chapter two? With him, Dragon and another?

                    I'd rather get more stories about definitely 'human' heroes, guys with more to say and a world to really react to, interact with and change. Daredevil is mute and a blank slate. Not much to get into beyond his cool looks and killer fighting skills.

                    Of course, my opinion may change when we see the big battle with the Claw later this chapter. It is coming... And Daredevil will be deep in the thick of it, maybe we'll get a more clear direction then.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rubezahl View Post
                      I don't know actually... For all his striking and fairly iconic imagery I don't think Daredevil has really been a big deal as a hero. He needs others to effectively talk for him and drive his storylines along, which makes writing tougher.
                      I can think of one mute hero who was pretty popular .... GI Joe's Snake Eyes. I don't think GI Joe would be half as popular as it is without that one character, so mute heroes can work. I don't see writing such a hero as being "tougher", you just need a writer who is more creative in telling good stories.

                      As far as who I'ld like to see get the spotlight eventually: The Owl, Silver Streak, The Woman in Red and The Target.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Heh, sorry bchat2, I never saw G.I.Joe as a kid (or Action Force as it was over here!) but I get the whole "mute badass" concept of course! And you're correct, a mute hero can work fine in comics I agree... I was a long-term fan of Azrael and Batgirl in DC until they decided to mess both titles up. Az' is basically mute, and Batgirl began as a total mute.

                        The trick is that SOMEONE needs to talk a lot, be it one or more supporting cast members. Daredevil had a couple of heroes, an ally and his foe to speak for him throughout the storyline. As long as someone can chatter on his behalf it is okay, hell, even full episodes without dialogue are possible... They're just not so easy to weave into long-term storylines.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I agree that having a mute lead is a hurdle. How big the hurdle is may depend on the writer but the hurdle is there. The thing is: I kinda like DDD being mute. I don't know if I'd like it if he actually started talking. I kinda like his little notepad


                          I've got a suggestion, The Original Daredevil, Death Defying 'Devil and DDD are all mouthfulls. How about we give him a new nickname....



                          "D3"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TwinPistols View Post
                            I've got a suggestion, The Original Daredevil, Death Defying 'Devil and DDD are all mouthfulls. How about we give him a new nickname....
                            I agree he should have a better name than DDD. I like Larsen's name "The Dynamic Daredevil" but why not just simply The Devil on the cover & Daredevil inside the book.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by md62 View Post
                              I agree he should have a better name than DDD. I like Larsen's name "The Dynamic Daredevil" but why not just simply The Devil on the cover & Daredevil inside the book.
                              Nah, I'd hate to call him that. Though he is the original Daredevil, many fans (me included) will always think of Matt Murdoch, Marvel's DD. While 'Devil doesn't have that association with me. Besides...


                              I really like "D-3".

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X